Romance Audiobooks discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archives > September Romance Listening

Comments Showing 1-30 of 30 (30 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Samantha (new)

Samantha | 2027 comments Mod
September has arrived. What romance audiobooks are you listening to this month?

message 2: by Jonetta (new)

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 4712 comments Mod
I’m still listening to Suddenly You by Lisa Kleypas.
Suddenly You by Lisa Kleypas

message 3: by Debby*🐝BabyDee🐝 (last edited Sep 02, 2018 02:57PM) (new)

message 4: by Jonetta (new)

I finished listening to Suddenly You by Lisa Kleypas and really enjoyed it! Here’s my review.
Suddenly You by Lisa Kleypas

message 5: by L J (last edited Sep 05, 2018 04:07AM) (new)

L J | 377 comments The Grand Sophy by Georgette Heyer The Grand Sophy by Georgette Heyer is a favorite of mine but this is my first time listening to the audiobook. The narration by Sarah Woodward fit the book and was very enjoyable.

message 6: by Jonetta (new)

I’m listening to Under Control by Shannon Stacey, Boston #5.
Under Control (Boston Fire, #5) by Shannon Stacey

message 7: by Jonetta (new)

I finished listening to Under Control by Shannon Stacey, Boston Fire #5, and loved it. Here’s my review.
Under Control (Boston Fire, #5) by Shannon Stacey

message 8: by Tiam (new)

Tiam O | 9 comments I’m trying to listen to Love Story by Lauren Layne. It’s narrated by Melissa Bentley and Rudy Sanda. So far it’s an interesting story, where the 2 leads embark on a cross-country road trip. I’ll persevere, but the twangy southern accents are killing me.

message 9: by Melinda (new)

Melinda | 1 comments I’m listening to Good luck with that. So far so good.

message 11: by Jonetta (new)

Debby "Piene Raven" wrote: "Listening to It Ends with Us by Colleen Hoover by Colleen Hoover"

Ooh. Tough story.

Debby*🐝BabyDee🐝 | 496 comments Jonetta wrote: "Debby "Piene Raven" wrote: "Listening to It Ends with Us by Colleen Hoover by Colleen Hoover"

Ooh. Tough story."

Jonetta it really was a tough story to listen but it was so very good. I find that as I was listening, it started to hit close to home for me and I could see alot of similarities in my experience. It was truly a wonderful story and I highly recommend it to others.

message 13: by Debby*🐝BabyDee🐝 (last edited Sep 08, 2018 12:08PM) (new)

Debby*🐝BabyDee🐝 | 496 comments Finished It Ends with Us by Colleen Hoover It Ends with Us ...Truly a wonderful read - 5 Stars
and Heart of Iron (London Steampunk, #2) by Bec McMaster Heart of Iron 3-Stars

message 14: by Jonetta (new)

Debby "Piene Raven" wrote: "Jonetta it really was a tough story to listen but it was so very good. I find that as I was listening, it started to hit close to home for me and I could see alot of similarities in my experience. It was truly a wonderful story and I highly recommend it to others ..."

I remember not being able to put it down. So glad you liked it!

message 15: by L J (last edited Sep 15, 2018 08:44AM) (new)

L J | 377 comments Seal Camp (Tall, Dark and Dangerous, #12) by Suzanne Brockmann Seal Camp (Tall, Dark & Dangerous #12) by Suzanne Brockmann with her usual narrators Patrick Lawlor and Melanie Ewbank. Characters are from her SEAL Team 10 aka Tall, Dark and Dangerous series.
Information at beginning explains timeline. SEAL Camp takes place present day but shortly after the previous book in the series. Easy enough to mentally drag the rest of the series toward today.
Some reviewers complained about sociopolitical issues being included in the book. Brockmann books include sociopolitical issues. They have done so for decades. Harvard's Education (Tall, Dark & Dangerous #5) came out 20 years ago but the story of how Harvard with his academic background came to join the military could be from today's headlines.

message 16: by Debby*🐝BabyDee🐝 (last edited Sep 18, 2018 04:57AM) (new)

Debby*🐝BabyDee🐝 | 496 comments Never Seduce a Scot (The Montgomerys and Armstrongs, #1) by Maya Banks Never Seduce a Scot
This was truly an awesome listen and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Definitely 5-Stars on this one which is rare for me.

message 17: by L J (last edited Sep 23, 2018 07:42AM) (new)

L J | 377 comments Finished Hitman Wedding (Bad Boy Inc., #4) by Eve Langlais Hitman Wedding Bad Boy, Inc. #4 by Eve Langlais. Couldn't get into so stopped it and re-read first three. I enjoyed those but the word that comes to mind for this one is tedious.
ETA
warning below about what I consider inaccurate blurb could be considered spoiler
\/
\/
\/
The wedding described in the book blurb takes place five and half hours into the seven hour book. Too many things didn't match to Bad Boy world in previous books, one of them being lack of security at the wedding which is not the upcoming wedding from the previous book. The "all is revealed" was not satisfying but if one is reading the series this is a book one needs to read for the series story arc. Hopefully it was me not the book and others will enjoy it more.

message 18: by L J (new)

L J | 377 comments After Hitman Wedding I needed something fun.
I already read some in the Halle Pumas series but hadn't read The Wallflower (Halle Pumas #1) by Dana Marie Bell The Wallflower. Dana Marie Bell and narrator Samantha Cook delivered a fun short listen I thoroughly enjoyed. Emma is one of my favorite characters in paranormal romance. She's practical and imaginative, polite and domineering, nice and ruthless, a strong character who is what she needs to be given the situation and people involved. I'm glad I finally had the chance to find out the details of how she became part of the Halle Pumas.

message 19: by Jonetta (new)

I finished listening to The Simple Wild by K.A. Tucker and I enjoyed the Alaska setting as much as the story. Here’s my review.
The Simple Wild by K.A. Tucker

message 20: by L J (last edited Sep 20, 2018 09:21AM) (new)

L J | 377 comments Long Hot Summoning (Keeper Chronicles #3) by Tanya Huff Long Hot Summoning Keeper Chronicles #3 by Tanya Huff Probably best read in order. As usual for Huff the romance is very slow burn but important to story. I liked it more than expected. Wasn't too sure about a book featuring the 17 year old sister but it was no more YA than the first two books. Good, slightly off-beat fantasy. Interesting world and character building. Though cultural references are Canadian they were easy enough to follow. There are two stories lines and two sets of characters in two locations with nothing in audio to indicate transitions. That's a pet peeve of mine that may not bother others.

message 21: by L J (new)

L J | 377 comments Leverage in Death (In Death, #47) by J.D. Robb Leverage in Death by J.D. Robb. I liked this one more than some though, because the crimes are horrific, I am not sure how others will feel about it. The characters and their relationships are what keep me reading book after book. Eve's reaction to the upcoming Oscar events were as expected and Peabody was most entertaining. I love scenes with Peabody and McNab. Never know what's going to be said but you pretty much know it will make Eve cringe.

message 22: by Jonetta (new)

L J wrote: "Leverage in Death (In Death, #47) by J.D. RobbLeverage in Death by J.D. Robb. I liked this one more than some though, because the crimes are horrific, I am not sure how other..."

I’m reading this now, about 30% in and enjoying.

message 23: by hammerpixie (new)

hammerpixie | 73 comments Debby "Piene Raven" wrote: "Jonetta wrote: "Debby "Piene Raven" wrote: "Listening to It Ends with Us by Colleen Hoover by Colleen Hoover"

Ooh. Tough story."

Jonetta it really was a tough story to listen ..."

Debby, I agree. This one was tough, but also 100% worth the listen.. I know someone who dnf this book because it was just too close to her own personal experience. For anyone who's ever questioned personal boundaries, I'd say, please listen all the way to the end. You won't be disappointed.

message 24: by hammerpixie (new)

hammerpixie | 73 comments After a long run of mostly mediocre audiobooks, I'm happy to share this stellar listen...
Where the Crawdads Sing
Where the Crawdads Sing by Delia Owens
by Delia Owens

I'm about 3/4 of the way through - trying to pace myself, trying to make it last. I have no idea who Delia Owens is and I don't know what else else she's written, but this book is perfection. The writing reminds me of Pat Conroy. The narration is absolutely top notch.

message 25: by Jonetta (new)

hammerpixie wrote: "After a long run of mostly mediocre audiobooks, I'm happy to share this stellar listen...
Where the Crawdads Sing
Where the Crawdads Sing by Delia Owens
by Delia Owens

I'm ab..."

Can’t wait to listen to this!

message 26: by Samantha (new)

Samantha | 2027 comments Mod
Sounds like an interesting read, Hammerpixie.

message 27: by hammerpixie (new)

hammerpixie | 73 comments Debby "Piene Raven" wrote: "Never Seduce a Scot (The Montgomerys and Armstrongs, #1) by Maya Banks Never Seduce a Scot
This was truly an awesome listen and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Definitely 5-Stars on this one which is rare for me."

Great! I'll try this one next!

message 28: by hammerpixie (new)

hammerpixie | 73 comments Samantha wrote: "Sounds like an interesting read, Hammerpixie."

For me, this has been one of those rare listens where I'm so caught up in the story and narration I forget where I am.

message 29: by hammerpixie (new)

hammerpixie | 73 comments Listened to:

Magic Triumphs
Magic Triumphs (Kate Daniels, #10) by Ilona Andrews
by Illona Andrews

Admittedly, I had fallen behind on this series, but I love Illona Andrews and this conclusion was enjoyable.

message 30: by KathyB (new)

KathyB  (kathybrown) | 721 comments I recently finished Brant's Return by Mia Sheridan Brant's Return by Mia Sheridan. It was okay, not great. I liked the dual narration, but overall it fell short for me.

Now listening to You Belong to Me (Romantic Suspense, #12; Baltimore, #1) by Karen Rose You Belong to Me by Karen Rose.

** Both are available through Audible romance package.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.