Classic Trash discussion

The King Must Die > The King Must Die: Finished (Spoilers)

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Adelaide (new)

Adelaide Blair | 1082 comments Mod
This topic is for those who have finished the book. Spoil away!

message 2: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (sarahmott) | 377 comments Ok - I’m giving the sequel a try. I’ll report back.

message 3: by Cheryl (last edited Sep 10, 2018 10:01AM) (new)

Cheryl | 949 comments I give up. I got half way through the Crete section and had no desire to finish it. It's just not for me, I guess.

message 4: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (sarahmott) | 377 comments The writing itself is pretty dry. She could do a whole lot more to draw us in to the characters - even in first person.

message 5: by Cheryl (new)

Cheryl | 949 comments Sarah wrote: "The writing itself is pretty dry. She could do a whole lot more to draw us in to the characters - even in first person."

There is alot of "telling" and not "showing", which made it dry. First person, too, did not help here.

message 6: by Adelaide (new)

I'm taking a break for a few days and then going to power through!

message 7: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (sarahmott) | 377 comments The first half of the sequel is zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...... the second half picks up quite a bit when he falls in love with the queen of the amazons.

message 8: by Cheryl (new)

Cheryl | 949 comments Even though I did not care much about Theseus, I was interested in many of the women in the story. I wanted to know more about the women's religion, which Theseus was putting an end to. Who was Medea? What's up with the House Snake business? Can anyone suggest some books that deal with these things?

message 9: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (sarahmott) | 377 comments There did seem to be a lot of parallels between the worship of the goddess - like the Crete’s do- and the practices of the women in The Mysts of Avalon.

message 10: by Adelaide (new)

Ok. FINALLY DONE. This was okay. I liked the second half in Crete better than the first, but the desert dry writing did not help me. This book isn't that long, but it took me forever.

Also, IF YOUR GIRLFRIEND IS A PRIESTESS AND SHE DOES WHAT FOLLOWERS OF DIONYSUS DO, you can't get all mad and leave her on an island just because you didn't like what happened during the frenzy. Theseus is a jerk for many reasons, but this one stands out.

message 11: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (sarahmott) | 377 comments word

message 12: by Cheryl (new)

Cheryl | 949 comments Adelaide wrote: " Also, IF YOUR GIRLFRIEND IS A PRIESTESS AND SHE DOES WHAT FOLLOWERS OF DIONYSUS DO, you can't get all mad and leave her on an island just because you didn't like what happened during the frenzy. Theseus is a jerk for many reasons, but this one stands out."

I'm glad I stopped reading before that part. I knew it was coming, from reading the Story of Theseus synopsis at the back of the book. Theseus is an ass. Why can't he let the priestesses alone? Freedom of religion for everybody!