On the Southern Literary Trail discussion

Of Love and Dust
This topic is about Of Love and Dust
note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Group Reads: Moderator's Choice > Initial Impressions Book: Of Love and Dust

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lawyer, "Moderator Emeritus" (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lawyer (goodreadscommm_sullivan) | 2699 comments Mod
As "The Trail" has grown over time, Ernest J. Gaines has become one of my favorite authors. Although I had seen the made for television movie, "The Autobiography of Miss Jane Pittman," I had not read the novel. Because of another group member's recommendation, began to read the works of Ernest Gaines and discovered what I had been missing. We have now read several of his novels. I hope y'all won't mind my offering up his second novel, Of Love and Dust, published in 1967, as my Moderator's Choice for September, 2018.

message 2: by Lawyer, "Moderator Emeritus" (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lawyer (goodreadscommm_sullivan) | 2699 comments Mod
It's appropriate to call Gaines, Professor Gaines. He serves as writer in residence at the University of Louisiana at Lafayette there. Visit the University's guide to the Ernest Gaines Center, especially regarding materials concerning Of Love and Dust. https://louisiana.libguides.com/ernes... .

message 3: by Diane, "Miss Scarlett" (new) - rated it 4 stars

Diane Barnes | 4420 comments Mod
I just got started, read a few pages last night. It promises to be vintage Gaines, which is just fine by me.

message 4: by Faith (new)

Faith | 237 comments On my iPad, the header for this thread is not showing the book title.

message 5: by Tom, "Big Daddy" (new)

Tom Mathews | 2749 comments Mod
Faith wrote: "On my iPad, the header for this thread is not showing the book title."
I can see it on my laptop. Maybe your iPad is defective. If you send it to me I'll recycle it for you. ;>)

message 6: by Tom, "Big Daddy" (new)

Tom Mathews | 2749 comments Mod
Two Initial threads have been created for this book so I am going to close this one and refer any future comments to the other.

Lawyer, please copy the above comments to that thread.

https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.
unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Of Love and Dust (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Ernest J. Gaines (other topics)