Books on the Nightstand discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
General chat > What are you reading September 2018

Comments Showing 1-32 of 32 (32 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Linda (new)

Linda | 2853 comments Mod
Enjoy the last long weekend of the summer.

I'm reading Facts and Fears Hard Truths from a Life in Intelligence by James R. Clapper Facts and Fears: Hard Truths from a Life in Intelligence and Washington D.C. by Gore Vidal Washington D.C. and listening to Boy Meets Boy by David Levithan Boy Meets Boy

message 2: by C. John (new)

C. John Kerry (cjkerry) | 103 comments Hmm, so far I have only finished one book
Star Trek The Next Generation Mirror Broken by Scott Tipton Star Trek: The Next Generation: Mirror Broken
Two other items I thought I read in September I discovered I finished them at the end of August.

message 3: by Britany (new)

Britany | 609 comments Finished Girl at War by Sara Nović by Sara Nović

Balkan historical fiction that stole a piece of my heart

My Review:
https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

message 6: by C. John (new)

C. John Kerry (cjkerry) | 103 comments Started Gideon's Power (Gideon, #15) by J.J. Marric Gideon's Power this morning while the kids were bowling.

message 7: by Stacey (new)

Stacey | 66 comments I’m finishing Where the Crawdads Sing by DeLia Owens.

message 8: by Debbie (new)

Debbie | 94 comments now readingHow To Be a Good Wife
not sure if I like it yet

message 11: by Debbie (new)

Debbie | 94 comments The Accident excellent so far

message 12: by Britany (new)

Britany | 609 comments Finished I'll Be Gone in the Dark One Woman's Obsessive Search for the Golden State Killer by Michelle McNamara by Michelle McNamara

I'll never think about a shoeprint the same way again...

My Review:
https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

message 13: by Linda (new)

I started listening to Bad Blood Secrets and Lies in a Silicon Valley Startup by John Carreyrou Bad Blood: Secrets and Lies in a Silicon Valley Startup on my road trip to Detroit today. Entrancing and guaranteed to make you very angry.

message 14: by Julie (new)

Julie M (woolyjooly) | 286 comments Just finished Ann Cleeves' Blue Lightning and beginning Aasne Seierstad's To søstre. Happy last week of summer reading, everyone!!

message 15: by Debbie (new)

Debbie | 94 comments Valyncia wrote: "Check out The Couple Next Door by Shari Lapena
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/2..."

Read it,,,very good!

message 16: by Debbie (new)

Debbie | 94 comments Reading Local Girl Missing by Claire Douglas

message 17: by Linda (new)

Beartown (Beartown, #1) by Fredrik Backman Beartown for the 2nd time for book discussion.

message 18: by LiteraryCat (new)

LiteraryCat | 3 comments I have a lot that I am reading right now it is Scream by Mike Dellosso . i have to finish it soon, someone else requested it from the library.

message 19: by Gail (new)

Gail | 74 comments Can you help me? I have heard about a book, Beneath a Scarlet Sky by Mark Sullivan. The synopsis is WWII Italy, a young man helping Jews cross the Alps. I am sure I have read another similar book, but can't find it on my Read List or library history etc. The novel had a young man helping a young woman and her father cross the mountains...the father died along the way. They both end of being part of the resistance. Any ideas? Thanks!

message 20: by C. John (last edited Sep 19, 2018 08:02PM) (new)

C. John Kerry (cjkerry) | 103 comments Gail wrote: "Can you help me? I have heard about a book, Beneath a Scarlet Sky by Mark Sullivan. The synopsis is WWII Italy, a young man helping Jews cross the Alps. I am sure I have read anothe..."

Gail, if no one here can help you can try the Group "What Was the Name of rhat Book"

message 21: by Denise (new)

Denise (deniseg53) | 221 comments Gail, I'm not sure of the book you asked about, but I loved Beneath a Scarlett Sky.

message 22: by Gail (new)

Gail | 74 comments thanks...I found the book. A Thread of Grace...very similar story line to Beneath a Scarlett Sky

message 23: by Linda (new)

Gail wrote: "thanks...I found the book. A Thread of Grace...very similar story line to Beneath a Scarlett Sky"

: > )

message 24: by Debbie (new)

Debbie | 94 comments Just starting The Shock of the Fall by Nathan Filer

message 26: by Julie (new)

Julie M (woolyjooly) | 286 comments I didn't finish the Seierstad (Two Sisters) book in time to give back to its owner, so will have to order it online or get on reserve from the library. In the meantime, I've just started A Gentleman in Moscow.

Lorraine charles  | 10 comments Just about to start Jello Girls.

message 30: by Debbie (new)

Debbie | 94 comments StartingStill Water

message 31: by C. John (last edited Sep 29, 2018 04:04PM) (new)

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.