Monthly Challenges discussion

September 2018 Challenge > Surprise Me Task

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Diana S (last edited Oct 01, 2018 06:15PM) (new)

Diana S | 1849 comments Mod
Post your books here

Directions for this task

★ 1. List 5 books (use bookcovers) that you would like to read this month.
** (this is for the 1st person who post)

example...
Here are my 5 books: Florida by Lauren Groff The Myth of Perpetual Summer by Susan Crandall The Gray Ghost (Fargo Adventure, #10) by Clive Cussler Something in the Water by Catherine Steadman The Perfect Couple by Elin Hilderbrand

★ 2. The next person to post will choose the two books for you to read for this task.

example....
For (name) I pick: Something in the Water by Catherine Steadman & The Perfect Couple by Elin Hilderbrand

★ 3. Then they will list their books:

example....
Here are my 5 books: Clock Dance by Anne Tyler Lear's Shadow by Claire Holden Rothman Pale as Death (Krewe of Hunters #25) by Heather Graham Dear Mrs Bird by A.J. Pearce Jell-O Girls A Family History by Allie Rowbottom

.... step #2 and #3 in one post.

★ 4. and so on .......

★★ Just a reminder: the 1st person to post doesn't pick any books. You just list your 5 books.

message 2: by Linda C (new)

Linda C (libladynylindac) | 772 comments I'll start us off. My five:

East of Eden by John Steinbeck Deep Down Dark The Untold Stories of 33 Men Buried in a Chilean Mine, and the Miracle That Set Them Free by Héctor Tobar Appraisal for Murder (A Jolie Gentil Cozy Mystery, #1) by Elaine Orr The Dog Stars by Peter Heller The Quick and the Thread (An Embroidery Mystery, #1) by Amanda Lee

message 3: by Marilyn (new)

Marilyn Lott | 497 comments My picks for Linda C:

East of Eden by John Steinbeck The Dog Stars by Peter Heller

My five are:

A Long Way Home by Saroo Brierley His Majesty's Dragon (Temeraire, #1) by Naomi Novik Baby Teeth by Zoje Stage When Breath Becomes Air by Paul Kalanithi White Nights (Shetland Island, #2) by Ann Cleeves

message 4: by Amber (new)

Amber (arboan) | 544 comments For Marilyn I pick:
His Majesty's Dragon (Temeraire, #1) by Naomi Novik White Nights (Shetland Island, #2) by Ann Cleeves

My five are:
The Weekenders by Mary Kay Andrews The Twelve Clues of Christmas (Her Royal Spyness Mysteries, #6) by Rhys Bowen If I'm Found (If I Run #2) by Terri Blackstock Asking for Truffle (A Southern Chocolate Shop Mystery, #1) by Dorothy St. James Stuck in the Middle (Sister-to-Sister #1) by Virginia Smith

message 5: by Book Concierge (new)

Book Concierge (tessabookconcierge) | 627 comments For Amber I pick:
The Weekenders by Mary Kay Andrews and If I'm Found (If I Run #2) by Terri Blackstock

My five:
The Chilbury Ladies' Choir by Jennifer Ryan The Little French Bistro by Nina George Orhan's Inheritance by Aline Ohanesian Shelter in Place by Nora Roberts The Trouble with Goats and Sheep by Joanna Cannon

message 6: by Bethany (new)

Bethany | 338 comments I pick:
The Chilbury Ladies' Choir by Jennifer Ryan and The Trouble with Goats and Sheep by Joanna Cannon

My five:
The Lovers (Charlie Parker, #8) by John Connolly Atlas of a Lost World Travels in Ice Age America by Craig Childs The Poet X by Elizabeth Acevedo Towers Falling by Jewell Parker Rhodes Tales of the City (Tales of the City, #1) by Armistead Maupin

message 7: by Book Concierge (new)

Book Concierge (tessabookconcierge) | 627 comments Hi, Bethany .... I'll pick for you

The Lovers (Charlie Parker, #8) by John Connolly and The Poet X by Elizabeth Acevedo

Enjoy!

message 8: by Linda C (new)

Linda C (libladynylindac) | 772 comments I'll pick for you

The Poet X by Elizabeth Acevedo and Towers Falling by Jewell Parker Rhodes

message 9: by Diana S (last edited Sep 10, 2018 02:38PM) (new)

Here Are My Five
The Shadow Land by Elizabeth Kostova Before We Were Yours by Lisa Wingate The Girl on the Balcony Olivia Hussey Finds Life After Romeo and Juliet by Olivia Hussey Daphne du Maurier and her Sisters by Jane Dunn Spartan Gold (Fargo Adventure, #1) by Clive Cussler

message 10: by Linda C (new)

Linda C (libladynylindac) | 772 comments I can pick for you; not sure if there is anyone left to sign up.

Before We Were Yours by Lisa Wingate and The Shadow Land by Elizabeth Kostova

message 11: by Diana S (new)

Thanks Linda!