The Boy in the Striped Pajamas The Boy in the Striped Pajamas discussion

The Boy in the Striped Pajamas

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Angie (new)

Angie Lara The Boy in the Striped Pajamas takes place in the 1940's, in Germany. It follows the story of a young boy named, Bruno. Who so happened to live right across a death camp and meets a boy named, Shmuel. They become great friends and the book goes on to highlight the horrible events that happened during the Holocaust. This book has some interesting turn of events that'll really make you ponder. I really enjoyed this book, it was well written and the story is something I've truly never read before. I recommend checking this book out, it'll be worth your time. I'd give this book 4 stars.

Ross Thomas Hi Angie,

Personally, I also gave the book the same to be honest, 4 Stars!

I found it to be a very unique plot, and gripping in parts.

If you are interested in Auschwitz, I would give ''The Tattooist of Auschwitz'' a read. Fantastic read with a good insight into what it was like be there within the camp.

Kindest Regards,
Ross Thomas

message 3: by alice (new)

alice I think the same. I really liked it because it showed a very unique perspective into Hitler Germany - what the Germans themselves faced during World War II. Additionally, it described the action through the eyes of Bruno, with a sort of naive and innocent view. The plot twist was huge, but if you liked this book, I would recommend "The Boy at the Top of the Mountain", also by John Boyne.