Taste of Romance discussion

Meet the authors > Meet Kristen Proby

Comments Showing 1-33 of 33 (33 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kristen (last edited Aug 31, 2018 05:20PM) (new)

Kristen Proby (kristenproby) | 13 comments Mod
Kristen was born and raised in a small resort town in her beloved Montana. In her mid-twenties, she decided to stretch her wings and move to the Pacific Northwest, where she made her home for more than a dozen years.

During that time, Kristen wrote many romance novels and joined organizations such as RWA and other small writing groups. She spent countless hours in workshops, and more mornings than she can count up before the dawn so she could write before going to work. She submitted many manuscripts to agents and editors alike, but was always told no. In the summer of 2012, the self-publishing scene was new and thriving, and Kristen had one goal: to publish just one book. It was something she longed to cross off of her bucket list.

Not only did she publish one book, she’s since published more than thirty titles, many of which have hit the USA Today, New York Times and Wall Street Journal Bestsellers lists. She continues to self publish, best known for her With Me In Seattle and Boudreaux series, and is also proud to work with William Morrow, a division of HarperCollins, with the Fusion and Romancing Manhattan Series.

Kristen and her husband, John, make their home in her hometown of Whitefish, Montana with their adorable pug and two cats.

Social media links:

Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/Kristen-Proby/...
Facebook: www.facebook.com/booksbykristenproby
Instagram: @kristenproby
Pinterest: @handbagjunkie
Twitter: @handbagjunkie

message 2: by Amy (new)

Amy  (amybosica) Thank you so much for inviting me! I love your books!!

message 3: by Kristen (new)

Kristen Proby (kristenproby) | 13 comments Mod
Thank you! Welcome!

message 4: by Jannet (new)

Jannet Williamson Falber | 1 comments Thanks for the invite! Your books are my fav. I saw you are heading for the beach! 🏖 have a great time!

message 5: by Fran (new)

Fran Gray (fran_gray) | 5 comments The With Me In Seattle series is one of my absofreakinglutely favorites of all time. ❤️

message 6: by Dwi (new)

Dwi Meilinda (meilindadwi) | 2 comments Thank you for inviting me. I'm one of your fans from Indonesia... I Love all of your books, Kristen!! ❤❤

message 7: by Janey (new)

Janey (janey99) | 2 comments Thanks for the add, Kristen. You & the group of authors within this group, are my favourites. What a treat ❤️

message 8: by em (new)

em (unapologeticallyaurea) Thank you so much for the invite! My favourite book of yours is easy melody but with me in Seattle series is my go to series for a pick me up. 😊

message 9: by Cami (new)

Cami (cami_reads) | 14 comments Thank you so much for the add ❤️ can't tell you how much I love this and your books. you are one of my favve authors, and your with me in seattle series are THE best series in the world! wanna be a montgomery soo bad lol. The boudreaux are amazing too. I've been saving the fusion series and can't wait to start them. ❤️

message 10: by Andrea (new)

Andrea | 2 comments Thank you for invite! I love your books!

message 11: by MadLoveBookBlog (new)

MadLoveBookBlog | 12 comments I have read most of your books. I love your work.

message 12: by Cassandra (new)

Cassandra Rector Riley | 2 comments Thank you for the invite !!!!!

message 13: by Cassandra (new)

Cassandra Rector Riley | 2 comments How fun is this , I love it and love your books although I haven’t gotten to read all of them just yet but I will soon!!

message 14: by Becca (new)

Becca Stanfield Vernon | 14 comments Love ur With Me in Seattle series! Absolutely fantastic!!!

message 15: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Garcia (jennifergarcia) | 7 comments I'll be at RoR this month, and wanted to try to read a book or two from each of the authors. I started with you and haven't made it past you yet. I devoured your Fusion series and loved it so much that I kept going with your With Me in Seattle then I moved on to the Boudreaux series and then the Big Sky series. OMG... I love your writing style and your characters and how they all criss-cross. Can't wait to meet you!!

message 16: by Michelle (new)

Michelle I ve read every book by Kristen i just love her books i m so excited that i ll finally get to meet her next year in Paris at the RARE event ❤❤❤

message 17: by LireEnBulles (new)

LireEnBulles (lireenbullesch) | 11 comments Never heard about your books, but now i'm curois about it !

message 18: by Eliza (new)

Eliza | 15 comments Hi Kristen, I am not familiar with your books, though i have one on my to read list: Charming Hannah, so lets read first and get to you how i felt...

message 19: by Melou53 (new)

Melou53 | 18 comments Read or listened to mostly all the With me series. Love them!

message 20: by Whitney (new)

Whitney (booknerd9448) | 1 comments Love all of Kristen's books! I am always waiting on pins and needles for the next! Such an amazing storyteller!

message 21: by Sigrid (new)

Sigrid | 3 comments Just started reading your books and I am hooked... love them!

message 22: by Erika (new)

Erika Caffey (ecaffey77) | 2 comments So happy to be a part of this group! Fell in love with the your writing when I found the Boudreaux series.

message 23: by Maryann (new)

Maryann (-maryann-) | 17 comments I haven't read anything about her yet, but I hope to do it soon. I'm happy to be here! <3

message 24: by Isabel (new)

Isabel (isabelbookgirl) | 15 comments I haven’t read any of Kristen’s books yet but already bought Easy Love, very excited about this group & my favorite & hopefully new favorite author’s

message 25: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer | 18 comments Hi Kristen! Hi Everyone! I've been meaning to pop in before now, but you know how that whole RL things goes! Looking forward to chatting with everyone here. I love the idea of this group.

~Jenn

message 26: by Cheryl (new)

Cheryl Pacaud (chermama30) | 6 comments I love Kristen's books the Fusion series is my favourite. i can't wait to read Mia's story.

message 27: by Laurie (new)

Laurie | 5 comments Thank you for the invite. I have read With Me in Seattle and the Boudreaux Series multiple times. Love them. I just realized I have 25 of your books!! Thank you for what you do. You are awesome!! My goal is to one day make your ARC team.

message 28: by Amberb03 (new)

Amberb03 | 41 comments 🙋🏼‍♀️I am actually re reading your Seattle series right now!❤️

message 29: by Tricia (new)

Tricia | 9 comments Thank you for the invite

message 30: by Andreanne Hannah (new)

Andreanne Hannah (andreannehannah) | 3 comments Choosing my favorite book from Fusion/Seduction Series and With Me In Seattle series might be one of the hardest questions I would have to answer in this lifetime. I just love every book and how each of them offered a different story that touches a different part of my heart. Gahhhh!! I just reread all of the books the past 3 days! Landon and Cami's love story is probably on top! I still cry every time I reread it! It's soooo hard to choose from With Me In Seattle! I love all of them! Mark and Meredith made me cry a bunch too! But then I think of Sam and Leo, then Will and Meg, and then it's a riot. Ackkkk. Can't really decide! My heart is full and equally divided among all of them! ❤️

I can't wait for Indulge With Me and Love With Me!

message 31: by Jenni (new)

Jenni (jenni_thebault) | 3 comments I love LOVE The Boudreaux Series! Anytime someone writes about Louisiana I get all nostalgic about my home state. And the With Me in Seattle series has been a long time favorite! Kristen Proby's novels are some of my favorites to read and get lost in!
Please keep up the good works!

message 32: by Lesley (new)

Lesley | 3 comments I think I’m obsessed- hope that’s ok. Anything you write I will buy without knowing anything about it. 😁

message 33: by JudyCa (new)

JudyCa | 8 comments Hey Kristen! I love the WMiS series (but love the others too)! When I pick up one of your books I do with the comfort of knowing I won't be disappointed in the story you tell and how you tell it :)