Taste of Romance discussion

Meet the authors > Meet Penny Reid

Comments Showing 1-35 of 35 (35 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Penny (new)

Penny Reid (reidromance) | 15 comments Mod
Penny Reid is the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, and USA Today Best Selling Author of the Winston Brothers, Knitting in the City, Rugby, and Hypothesis series. She used to spend her days writing federal grant proposals as a biomedical researcher, but now she just writes books. She’s also a full time mom to three diminutive adults, wife, daughter, knitter, crocheter, sewer, general crafter, and thought ninja.

Newsletter: http://pennyreid.ninja/newsletter/

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/PennyReidWriter/

Instagram: http://www.instagram.com/reidromance/

Bookbub: https://www.bookbub.com/profile/penny...

Amazon: https://amzn.to/2wvwlpm

message 2: by S (new)

S | 9 comments She is phenomenal.. love her books

message 3: by Darvina (new)

Darvina I will need to pick up a book of yours soon. 😁

MadLoveBookBlog | 12 comments Love your books lady. Happy to be here among all of you talented authors.

message 5: by Kamila (new)

Kamila (kamyk) | 3 comments Hi Penny! Love Winston Brothers, all of them ;)

message 6: by Michelle (new)

Michelle [Helen Geek] (michelle_reads_to_relax) | 9 comments I've not read you yet, but have several. My friends LOVE you. I can't wait to experience you with the group. Nice meeting you!

message 7: by Ashima (new)

Ashima (ashbookreader) | 10 comments Love all her books so much that I can't stop reading them 😊

message 8: by Samiha (new)

Samiha Fairooz | 2 comments I love anything and everything she writes <3

message 9: by LireEnBulles (new)

LireEnBulles (lireenbullesch) | 11 comments Never read a book from you, but Truth or Beard looks amazing !

message 10: by Josie (new)

Josie | 2 comments I have known your work at that time when I badly need something to tether me from myself as I was really in a BAD place (well in my judgement 🤭 that time) and I need a very good distraction. Since I’m a book lover before a music lover I went to goodreads (this app 👍) searching for books and I do remember, Beauty and The Mustache. The idea of Escapism and that Ashley was a Nurse like me (though not great and cool as her ☺️) was pushed me to start reading it and it cured me. I fell in love with you, I mean the book or yes , your work. 🤭I learned to appreciate my family,( though I really want to try the nipple abuse to my bro after reading that), my friends and myself again. I remember that even when taking shower I was constantly reminded of some funny scenes from work and it continued until I go to work. From there I started being hooked with your lovely work! Somehow time passed by and made my life bearable. Thank you po for inviting me here. 😊 I do hope to read more from you and continue doing what you love po. God bless! 💜

message 11: by Elle (new)

Elle Vanzandt (elle_vanzandt) | 5 comments Love your books Penny! Thank you so much for the invite. I'm getting ready to read the whole Winston Brothers series and as a fellow yarn junkie I loved reading my favorite hobby, crocheting, mixed with awesome characters! Can't wait to see what's coming up next!

message 12: by Ptiteaurel (new)

Ptiteaurel | 15 comments Hi so happy to see you here in this awesome group

message 13: by Honest Mabel (new)

Honest Mabel (honestmabe) Thanks for the invite I am working through your non Winston/knitting series next!

message 14: by Kara (new)

Kara Krasnoff (razorslt) | 1 comments When the supreme overlord invites you to a group, you join asap! Xo

message 15: by Csilva (new)

Csilva | 1 comments I’m a huge Penny Reid fan, thank you for the invite. This group is such a great way to come together share our love of romance novels. I tend to read and reread Penny’s books, they are comfort food in book form. Funny, clever and I love the way they treat me like I’m clever too! If I was to name favourites I’d basically be naming all Penny’s books, once I read and loved one it was then all of them. Big thanks to Penny for introducing me to LH Cosway, loved the Rugby series, but also all of L.H Cosway’s other books as well. Thank you Penny for your books, beards are awesome! Xx

message 16: by Jessen Elizabeth (new)

Jessen Elizabeth (jessenliz) | 5 comments I thank my lucky stars that I stumbled upon both your Knitting in the City and Winston brothers books on Bookbub. Greatest day of my life. Thank you so much for the invite to this group. Seriously could fangirl about your books all day. I'm caught up on every one of your series, and can't wait for the next newsletter for some more Nobody Looks Good Naked!

message 17: by Stacey (new)

Stacey (staceyissassy) Penny, you make me want to knit again.

message 18: by SassyFraz (last edited Sep 04, 2018 02:39PM) (new)

SassyFraz (khulett) My God!!!! Beauty and the Mustache just.... le sigh! It still gets me right in feels. SO FLIPPIN' GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!!!!!!!!

message 19: by Antonella (new)

Antonella I'm so happy to find so many readers in one place who love Penny...Yay... I read somewhere that Penny said the character in her books who is the most like her is one of a male characters. Who do you think that is?

Deanna (A Novel Glimpse) (anovelglimpse) | 11 comments I'm so happy you're writing a series for Cletus and his lady! I can't wait to read it!

message 21: by Maryann (new)

Maryann (-maryann-) | 17 comments I love you, and your books.
I'm so happy to be here

message 22: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer | 18 comments Hi Penny! Hi Everyone! I've been meaning to pop in before now, but you know how that whole RL things goes! Looking forward to chatting with everyone here. I love the idea of this group.

~Jenn

message 23: by Penny (new)

Hi Everyone!! Just getting back online after being sick for the past month. I wanted to thank you all for being here!! :-D

message 24: by Rochelle (new)

Rochelle | 90 comments Penny wrote: "Hi Everyone!! Just getting back online after being sick for the past month. I wanted to thank you all for being here!! :-D"

Glad to hear that you are feeling better. :-)

message 25: by Anne (last edited Oct 02, 2018 11:20AM) (new)

Anne Wright | 4 comments Hi Penny! So glad you are feeling better!

message 26: by Tara Schantz (new)

Tara Schantz | 35 comments Sorry to hear you were under the weather, I hope all is well.

message 27: by Crissy (new)

Crissy Hi! I'm happy to hear you are feeling better.

message 28: by Penny (new)

THANK YOU!! And thank you all for being here. :-D

Today I'm working on Laws of Physics and the next part of 'Nobody Looks Good Naked' (aka Kissing Galileo).
Anyone want a sneak peek???

message 29: by Somia (new)

Somia (srbibi) | 3 comments Hi Penny I'm new to the group but would definitely love a sneak peak

message 30: by Rochelle (new)

Rochelle | 90 comments I would love a sneak peek. :-)

message 31: by Sunseeker☀️ (new)

Sunseeker☀️ (sunseeker) Would love a sneak peek!

message 32: by Penny (last edited Nov 06, 2018 04:12PM) (new)

YAYAY!! Okay ladies, here's a short sneak peek from Laws of Physics #1, MOTION. Hope you enjoy!
--------------------------
I watched them go. As soon as they were out of sight, I dashed to my backpack, grabbed it, and . . . hesitated. Would I have enough time to run up to my room, deposit it within, and be back in the kitchen before Abram returned?
Probably not.
Which meant I needed to hide it before he returned. There were many, many options as the kitchen was expansive. Did I hide it in the pantry? Or beneath the double oven? Or above the fridge? The unmistakable sound of the front door shutting made my decision for me. The pantry was closest, so that would be its home for the time being.
Rushing, I shoved the bag behind baking supplies on the bottom shelf. Unless Abraham—Abram? Abraham? Damn. Which one was his name?—was a closet bread maker, I felt like it was the safest place.
“Lisa?”
He’d returned.
Panicking, I reached blindly for a bag of something on the snack shelf and poked my head out of the walk-in pantry.
Following Gabby’s advice, I said, “What?”
The guy’s gaze found me, his slashing dark eyebrows pulled low giving him an air of being thoroughly pissed-off. “What are you doing?”
“Getting—” I held out the bag of whatever I’d grabbed in front of me, reading the package, “—prunes.”
Ah jeez. Prunes. Why’d it have to be prunes?
He blinked. Some of the severity in his glare was replaced with confusion as he looked between me and the bag. “Prunes.”
I nodded. What else could I do? I was holding a package of prunes, now I just had to commit to the package of prunes.
“Yes. Prunes. As you see.” Tearing it open and walking out of the pantry, I reached into the container. Slimy, larger versions of raisins were waiting for me inside.
“You’re going to eat . . . prunes?”
I nodded, struggling to find a lie that sounded as plausible as Gabby’s had been. “You don’t know anyone who eats prunes?”
“My grandpa,” he said flatly, still splitting his attention between me and the bag.
“Smart man. They’re high in fiber.”
“Fiber.”
“Yes.” I lifted the bag to scan the nutritional information, hoping they were actually high in fiber. Though I had a suspicion, I wasn’t 100 percent certain. After reading the package, I released a relieved breath. “Twelve grams of fiber per serving. It says so right here. That’s a lot. And I need my fiber.”
“Why do you need fiber?”
“Flying makes me—” oh God, don’t say it! “—makes me—” ohnoes, here it comes “—constipated.” I nodded at my own assertion, quickly stuffing my mouth with three prunes so I wouldn’t be able to speak.
His confusion persisted, but he said nothing. Holding perfectly still, he watched me with a frown that teetered on dismayed.
Meanwhile, I had to stop chewing. Each prune had a pit. Shit. There existed no graceful way to remove a pit from one’s mouth. I would have to spit the pit.
----------------------

<3 <3 <3 SO EXCITED FOR Y'ALL TO READ ABOUT MONA AND ABRAM!!! <3 <3 <3

message 33: by Rochelle (new)

Rochelle | 90 comments If this is any indication, the book is going to be fun to read. :-)

message 34: by SassyFraz (new)

SassyFraz (khulett) Penny wrote: "YAYAY!! Okay ladies, here's a short sneak peek from Laws of Physics #1, MOTION. Hope you enjoy!
I watched them go. As soon as they were out of sight, I dashed to my back..."

LOVE!!!! CANNOT WAIT!

message 35: by Anne (new)

Anne Wright | 4 comments Penny wrote: "YAYAY!! Okay ladies, here's a short sneak peek from Laws of Physics #1, MOTION. Hope you enjoy!
I watched them go. As soon as they were out of sight, I dashed to my back..."

OMG! So hilarious! Laughing out loud hilarious! I'm looking forward to reading more.