The Seasonal Reading Challenge discussion

TASK HELP: Fall Challenge 2018 > 25.3 - Beth NC's task: Cards Against Humanity

Comments Showing 1-28 of 28 (28 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by SRC Moderator (last edited Sep 02, 2018 10:41AM) (new)

SRC Moderator | 5362 comments Mod
25.3 - Beth NC 's task: Cards Against Humanity
I am bringing back a challenge I did in a previous season. One of my favorite things to do is play Cards Against Humanity with my friends. The game is simple. Each round, one player asks a question from a black card, and everyone else answers with their funniest white card. It is hilarious and interesting to see how different people answer the questions. Let’s play a book version on here.

Choose one question or phrase from option A and one from option B. Read a book with a title meets the criteria and would provide an answer to the question or complete the phrase. The answer can be serious, sarcastic or funny.

Required: Include the question with your answer in it when you post so we can all enjoy your answer choice.

Option A – Read a book with a one or two word title that answers one of the following questions or completes the phrase. Subtitles should be ignored.

1) Why can’t I sleep at night?
2) Why do I hurt all over?
3) Money can’t buy me love, but it can buy me ________________________.

Option B – Read a book with a title that has three or more words in the title that can complete the phrase. Subtitles should be ignored.

1) Next time on Dr. Phil, How to talk to your child about ________________.
2) Well, what do you have to say for yourself Casey? This is the third time you have been sent to the principal’s office for _________________________________.
3) Wes Anderson’s new film tells the story of a precocious child coming to terms with _________________________.

Examples:
Examples:
Option A
1) Why can’t I sleep at night? Those Girls
2) Why do I hurt all over? Cursed Faerie
3) Money can’t buy me love, but it can buy me… Revenge

Option B
1) Next time on Dr Phil, how to talk to your child about... The Darkest Passion
2) Well, what do you have to say for yourself Casey? This is the third time you have ben sent to the principal’s office for... Howling at the Moon
3) Wes Anderson’s new film tells the story of a precocious child coming to terms with... The Agony and the Ecstasy

message 2: by Foxy Grandma (new)

Foxy Grandma (foxygrandma) | 1017 comments Reserved

message 3: by Foxy Grandma (new)

message 4: by Foxy Grandma (new)

message 5: by SRC Moderator (new)

SRC Moderator | 5362 comments Mod
This thread is now open!

message 6: by Marie (UK) (new)

Marie (UK) (mazza1) | 2749 comments So I have never heard of this game does the answer have to make sense grammatically

for instance i thought of
why cant i sleep at night -Ghost Wall

and
Wes Anderson’s new film tells the story of a precocious child coming to terms with From a Low and Quiet Sea - this feels like it needs an extra word after "with" to make sense but would it work?

message 7: by Dee (new)

Dee (austhokie) | 7911 comments this game always makes me laugh sooo much!

message 8: by Dee (new)

Dee (austhokie) | 7911 comments 1) Why can't I sleep at night: Nobody's Perfect
2) Wes Anderson’s new film tells the story of a precocious child coming to terms with... The Long Hitch Home

OR
2) Well, what do you have to say for yourself Casey? This is the third time you have ben sent to the principal’s office for...Getting Wound Up

message 9: by Ann A (new)

Ann A (readerann) | 953 comments This is going to be fun!

message 10: by Brooke (new)

Brooke | 1026 comments I love Cards Against Humanity!!! I’ve played it with friends at quite a few cocktail parties. Have you ever played What Do You Meme? It is similar but with memes (obviously) instead of sentences/phrases. The cousins play it at the holidays after Grandma has gone to bed. 😜

message 11: by Pia (new)

Pia | 1073 comments Let's see if these titles work:

Option A - 3) Money can’t buy me love, but it can buy me The Master Key

Option B - 3) Wes Anderson’s new film tells the story of a precocious child coming to terms with The Shadow Killer

message 12: by Foxy Grandma (new)

Foxy Grandma (foxygrandma) | 1017 comments Marie, as long as it works for you some words are assumed

message 13: by Marie (UK) (new)

Marie (UK) (mazza1) | 2749 comments Foxy Grandma wrote: "Marie, as long as it works for you some words are assumed"

thanks Foxy Grandma

message 14: by Foxy Grandma (new)

Foxy Grandma (foxygrandma) | 1017 comments Dee wrote: "1) Why can't I sleep at night: Nobody's Perfect
2) Wes Anderson’s new film tells the story of a precocious child coming to terms with... The Long Hitch Home

Love those Dee

message 15: by Foxy Grandma (new)

Foxy Grandma (foxygrandma) | 1017 comments Brooke wrote: "I love Cards Against Humanity!!! I’ve played it with friends at quite a few cocktail parties. Have you ever played What Do You Meme? It is similar but with memes (obviously) instead of sentences/ph..."

LOL that sounds exactly like something my grandkids would do and enjoy. I will have to find it for them.....and then go to bed LOL

message 16: by Foxy Grandma (last edited Sep 09, 2018 06:41PM) (new)

Foxy Grandma (foxygrandma) | 1017 comments Pia wrote: "Let's see if these titles work:

Option A - 3) Money can’t buy me love, but it can buy me The Master Key

Option B - 3) Wes Anderson’s new film tells the story of a precocious child ..."

Great answers Pia but Option A has to be a one or two word title

message 17: by Trish (new)

Trish (trishhartuk) | 2697 comments So, unless grammar is an issue, I think I'm going with:

A. 3) Money can’t buy me love, but it can buy me Something Wicked

B. 1) Next time on Dr. Phil, How to talk to your child about (your/a) Career of Evil

message 18: by Jecca (new)

Jecca | 518 comments I just want to make sure it is okay if the tense is wrong as this example:

2) Well, what do you have to say for yourself Casey? This is the third time you have been sent to the principal’s office for

Kiss the Girl

message 19: by Foxy Grandma (new)

Foxy Grandma (foxygrandma) | 1017 comments Jecca wrote: "I just want to make sure it is okay if the tense is wrong as this example:

2) Well, what do you have to say for yourself Casey? This is the third time you have been sent to the principal’s office ..."

Yes it works

message 20: by Foxy Grandma (new)

Foxy Grandma (foxygrandma) | 1017 comments Trish wrote: "So, unless grammar is an issue, I think I'm going with:

A. 3) Money can’t buy me love, but it can buy me Something Wicked

B. 1) Next time on Dr. Phil, How to talk to your child about..."

Love them

message 21: by Julia (new)

Julia (julia103) | 1985 comments Checking if this works since it isn't really grammatical:

Why can't I sleep at night? Starless

(My other one is
Wes Anderson’s new film tells the story of a precocious child coming to terms with... The Atheist in the Attic)

message 22: by Marie (UK) (new)

Marie (UK) (mazza1) | 2749 comments checking if this works

money cant buy me love but it can buy me - Snap

In parts of the UK "Snap" is used to mean a packed lunch
or it could go on why do i hurt all over

message 23: by Foxy Grandma (new)

Foxy Grandma (foxygrandma) | 1017 comments Julia wrote: "Checking if this works since it isn't really grammatical:

(My other one is
Wes Anderson’s new film tells the story of a precocious child comi..."

The first one is a little confusing because it is an adjective, but the second one is great.

message 24: by Foxy Grandma (new)

Foxy Grandma (foxygrandma) | 1017 comments Marie (UK) wrote: "checking if this works

money cant buy me love but it can buy me - Snap

In parts of the UK "Snap" is used to mean a packed lunch
or it could go on why do i hurt all over"

It works in that context

message 25: by Julia (new)

Julia (julia103) | 1985 comments Foxy Grandma wrote: "Julia wrote: "Checking if this works since it isn't really grammatical:

(My other one is
Wes Anderson’s new film tells the story of a precoci..."

OK, I'll look for something else for book A. Thanks.

message 26: by Kathy G. (new)

Kathy G. | 2073 comments Can I get One-Eyed Cat approved since the first word is hyphenated?

Thanks.

message 27: by Foxy Grandma (new)

Foxy Grandma (foxygrandma) | 1017 comments Approved

message 28: by Kathy G. (new)

Kathy G. | 2073 comments Thank you!