Goodreads Choice Awards Book Club discussion

Archive - New Releases > September (2018) New Releases

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lynn, Moderator (new)

Lynn | 4199 comments Mod
The top 200 books published in September 2018 that people have added on Goodreads.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/popula...

message 2: by Lynn, Moderator (new)

Lynn | 4199 comments Mod
I already have Lethal White on pre order, really looking forward to reading it.

message 3: by Lynn, Moderator (new)

Lynn | 4199 comments Mod
Lynn wrote: "I already have Lethal White on pre order, really looking forward to reading it."

Well, listen to .... I've done all of these on audible, and can recommend them.

message 4: by Kristie, Moderator (new)

Kristie | 6198 comments Mod
I’ve been watching for Lethal White on Audible and it’s not available to preorder here. I’m so disappointed. I listened to the last two and was hoping to go that route again, but I may have to read the physical book from the library.

message 5: by Lynn, Moderator (new)

Lynn | 4199 comments Mod
Oh no :(
Do you have a different narrator over there? I could maybe understand if that's the case, because maybe it isn't done yet .... but if it's the same then I don't see why it shouldn't be available. Our narrator is Robert Glenister.

message 6: by Kristie, Moderator (new)

I don’t know. Audible just doesn’t have it at all and there is a generic message about some audios not being available for various reasons but nothing book specific. We do have audio cds available, but they are over $30 and I much prefer Audible anyway. Seems strange that we can purchase the cds, but it’s not on Audible.

message 7: by Kristie, Moderator (last edited Aug 31, 2018 07:08PM) (new)

I'm finally at my laptop and able to take a look at the list. I didn't know Liane Moriarty had a new book coming out, Nine Perfect Strangers. I might like to read that one eventually.

I have The Storyteller's Secret from the Kindle first program. I chose it because it had high ratings and it was free. I may get around to it someday.

I definitely want to read The Tattooist of Auschwitz and, of course, Lethal White. I also have The Forbidden Door from NetGalley. I plan to read all three of those as soon as possible.

Also from NetGalley I have Lies and My Real Name Is Hanna. I hope to read those soon.

I have already read Leave No Trace (another NetGalley). It has great reviews, but I just couldn't get into it. I read half and dnf. I don't know if I just wasn't in the mood at the time or if it's not the book for me. It wasn't bad; I just wasn't engaged.

Quite a few this month!

Nine Perfect Strangers by Liane Moriarty The Storyteller's Secret by Sejal Badani The Tattooist of Auschwitz by Heather Morris Lethal White (Cormoran Strike, #4) by Robert Galbraith The Forbidden Door (Jane Hawk, #4) by Dean Koontz Lies by T.M. Logan My Real Name Is Hanna by Tara Lynn Masih Leave No Trace by Mindy Mejia

message 8: by Savanes, Moderator (new)

Savanes | 2055 comments Mod
I won't read Lethal white, I find her other books to be too slow, wicked and depressing... :S

However I'm interested in Nine Perfect Strangers, The Tattooist of Auschwitz & Cross Her Heart.

Maybes: The Lost Queen, Two Dark Reigns (I first have to read the other books in the series and the first one has such mixed reviews that I'm undecided) & Wildcard (same here, I need to read book 1)

Nine Perfect Strangers by Liane Moriarty The Tattooist of Auschwitz by Heather Morris Cross Her Heart by Sarah Pinborough The Lost Queen (The Lost Queen Trilogy #1) by Signe Pike Two Dark Reigns (Three Dark Crowns, #3) by Kendare Blake Wildcard (Warcross #2) by Marie Lu

message 9: by Savanes, Moderator (new)

Savanes | 2055 comments Mod
@Kristie: I liked how you presented your books so I copied you ;) ;) ;)

message 10: by Vicki Willis (last edited Sep 01, 2018 05:14AM) (new)

Vicki Willis | 891 comments I have Cross Her Heart already on my list.
I just added The Tattooist of Auschwitz and Nine Perfect Strangers.
I also have When the Lights Go Out so I want to get to it soon.

I read Lies and gave it 4 stars. Fast paced and exciting.

Cross Her Heart by Sarah Pinborough The Tattooist of Auschwitz by Heather Morris Nine Perfect Strangers by Liane Moriarty When the Lights Go Out by Mary Kubica Lies by T.M. Logan

message 11: by Kristie, Moderator (new)

You’re welcome to it, Savanes. :)

Glad you liked Lies,Vicki. I’m looking forward to it.

message 12: by Janina (new)

Janina (sylarana) | 692 comments Kristie wrote: "I’ve been watching for Lethal White on Audible and it’s not available to preorder here. I’m so disappointed. I listened to the last two and was hoping to go that route again, but I may have to read..."

Are you in the US? I wasn't able to find it via Audible, but could pre-order the audible book from amazon directly. I read all the previous books, but have so little time for reading atm and much more time driving .. so Audio will be better.

Other than that, I'm waiting for Vol 3 of Monstress.
Monstress, Vol. 3 Haven (Monstress, #3) by Marjorie M. Liu

message 13: by Kristie, Moderator (new)

I am, Janina. I was only able to find the audio CDs on Amazon and they were $30-something. I will check again though. I’ve only been going back to Audible, not Amazon.

message 14: by Kristie, Moderator (new)

Janina - I went to check it out today and it's available on Audible now, so I pre-ordered it too.

message 15: by Lynn, Moderator (new)

Lynn | 4199 comments Mod
Hurrah!