Duodecathon discussion

Duodecathon 2018 > September (1-7)

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Savannah (new)

Savannah Duodecathon starts again tomorrow! I have not decided which challenge I'm going to be doing, because emojiathon starts tomorrow as well and I didn't realize until like 2 days ago that duodecathon was on the first of September. The challenges I get to choose between this month are; Read 1200 pages, Published 1997 (year I was born), 2018 bestseller, and Banned book.

Let me know what you plan on reading this for this duodecathon!

message 2: by Savannah (new)

Savannah I've decided to try and re-read Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone because it was published in 1997, which is the year I was born!

How are you all doing with your reading?!

message 3: by meltem (new)

meltem (merutemudesu) I want to read All Creatures Great and Small for the antonyms in the title challenge. I probably will be starting it today, maybe tomorrow. And I'm pretty sure that I won't be finishing it in time :'(
What about you guys? Let us know how you all are doing!

message 4: by Savannah (new)

Savannah So I'm probably not going to finish my challenge this month, I haven't even started reading Harry Potter. I recently got out of a reading slump and really only want to read Into the Drowning Deep because it's really good and it was due back at the library on the 4th...

message 5: by meltem (new)

meltem (merutemudesu) Ahahaha Savannah, same here! I read like 20 pages of All Creatures Great and Small and I really liked the author's style but for some reason I didn't want to keep reading. I guess this week we weren't the only ones who couldn't get down to reading lol.

message 6: by Jen (new)

Jen (reader44ever) | 17 comments For September's Duodecathon, I almost missed out, but I ended up finishing The Witness by Nora Roberts just in time for it to count for the "A book with a great first line" task. :-)

Opening lines:
"Elizabeth Fitch's short-lived teenage rebellion began with L'Oréal Pure Black, a pair of scissors and a fake ID. It ended in blood."
:-)

The Witness by Nora Roberts
I read this book September 6-7.