What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

The Grounding of Group 6
This topic is about The Grounding of Group 6
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. YA - teens, drama/thriller book about kids going to a 'special' summer camp where they find out their parents have paid to have them all murdered. [s]

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lea (new)

Lea  Bowski (thebigleabowski) I read this book sometime in the mid to late 80's so I imagine it was published around then. I don't remember much other than a group of teenagers (six of them, IIRC) were sent off to this summer camp. They thought it was going to be a wilderness 'survival' kind of program only to learn that the guy running the camp was paid a lot of money to murder them all. The kids band together to outpace him and come out alive. At least I think that's how it ends. I haven't thought about this book in years but a recent conversation about the Hunger Games reminded me of it.

message 2: by Annamariah (new)

Annamariah | 283 comments I googled a bit and found The Grounding of Group 6 by Julian F. Thompson, first published in 1983.

message 3: by Lea (new)

Lea  Bowski (thebigleabowski) Omg that's it!! I tried google but came up with nothing so thank you! :-)

message 4: by Annamariah (new)

Annamariah | 283 comments You're welcome :)

Rosa (rosaiglarsh) | 5231 comments Based on this topic, I decided to read this book. I just started it and it’s astonishingly good. Thank you, Lea, for looking for it, and thank you, Annamariah, for finding it.

message 6: by Lea (new)

Lea  Bowski (thebigleabowski) Rosa wrote: "Based on this topic, I decided to read this book. I just started it and it’s astonishingly good. Thank you, Lea, for looking for it, and thank you, Annamariah, for finding it."

Glad you're enjoying it! I was wondering if it held up after all this time. I found a library that has a copy - just need to get over there and check it out. :)