Play Book Tag discussion

The Other Woman (Gabriel Allon, #18)
This topic is about The Other Woman
August 2018: Espionage > The Other Woman by Daniel Silva - 4 Stars

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Olivermagnus (lynda214) | 2350 comments The Other Woman - Daniel Silva - 4 Stars

I always eagerly look forward to every July, secure in the knowledge a new Gabriel Allon novel by Daniel Silva will be released. The Other Woman finds Allon and his team attempting to rescue their Russian mole, Heathcliff, who has indicated he has such important information, he must defect immediately. But Allon's plan goes awry when he's outplayed by the Russians, something that rarely ever occurs.

He and his team must now find the woman who can reveal the identity of a mole who has reached the highest levels of Britain’s MI6. The search will take Gabriel back in time to one of the 20th century's greatest intelligence scandals.

Silva’s work has always had a political edge, and his storytelling is gripping as always and realistically written. Twists, turns, and nonstop action find Gabriel surrounded by conflict while facing one of the most critical mission of his career.

That being said, this was not my most favorite book involving Allon and I wouldn't recommend it to any new espionage reader. As a long time reader I did missed some of the usual character interaction that seemed to be missing in this novel. My favorite recent book is The Black Widow and it would give a new reader a great picture of one of the most exciting characters in the espionage field. I will anxiously await the next story in the Gabriel Allon series and hope Silva gets back to the more personal elements of his story.

Joanne (joabroda1) | 8434 comments I was waiting to see what you thought OliverM-knew you where taking it on holiday-hope you had a pleasant get a-way-I missed the character interaction too, but I love my Gabriel...what can I say-an old lady can still dream....;)

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

Its good to know I wasn't the only one who felt this way. I love Daniel Silva and love this series. But this book was lacking the personal. Even the way the team interacted was just so different. Saying all of that I too am anxiously waiting for the next book. He is a good author and this is a great series. Good review.