Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Book Cover Help > alternate book cover rules

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jean (new)

Jean Carlton | 63 comments I'm trying to get an alternate cover added for the title above. I own the book. I've added a photo to my profile photo folder. Is there a librarian who can add this cover? The rules do not include a photo by oneself as acceptable but i thought that was the case in the past. Thanks for any help.
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/6...
the above version has the same ibsn as my copy with a different cover.

message 3: by Jean (new)

Jean Carlton | 63 comments ohhh thank you so much, Gerd. Not sure why it makes me so happy to have the cover of the one I'm reading on display! Plus it's a cool cover, right?
thanks again
jean

message 4: by Rosa (new)

Rosa (rosaiglarsh) | 145 comments How exactly do you add alternate covers?

message 6: by Jean (new)

Jean Carlton | 63 comments i seem to quite often have a copy for which the cover image is NOT on the possible choices so I ask the librarians to do it. If the cover is on Amazon it's able to be copied and used. Otherwise, take a photo of the book you have in front of you and put that in the photo folder of your Profile page. they will get it from there and add to the choices. Write down the isbn - sometimes the same number has more than one cover so it's not really a new 'edition' but just a different cover on that edition.