What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Query abandoned by poster > ABANDONED. YA, Mystery: High school girl who is getting stalked by someone in her school, she and her boyfriend try to figure out who it is. Spoilers ahead.

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Brie (last edited Aug 31, 2018 03:11PM) (new)

Brie Alright so
I read this book in 2012
It was part of a series I think, since there was a book before where a new guy (the guy who is her bf in this one) comes into their town and some pyromania events start happening through house burnings.

In this book, she starts getting weird gifts and messages; first it starts as a secret admirer but slowly becomes more and more creepy. So much that she breaks up with her boyfriend, because there's an incident where his locker was rigged with something and she doesn't want him to get hurt.

SPOILERS:

They narrow it down to one guy, who ends up being a red herring. The real culprit is a slightly awkward friend of hers. She doesn't piece it together until she's walking home alone with him, and when she realizes it it's too late as he had her right where he wants her. He ends up kidnapping her, taking her away to an abandoned shed place thing. He hides her beneath the floor boards.
His goal is to marry her and commit a murder-suicide so they're united together. She tries her hardest to delay him, flirting with him and the such.
After a few days, she's saved and he's arrested I think.

Added note: Author was female from what I remember

message 2: by Jerry (new)

Jerry | 3 comments I think you and I might be talking about the same book as looking at your post and mine it feels the same lol

message 3: by Brie (new)

Brie Jerry wrote: "I think you and I might be talking about the same book as looking at your post and mine it feels the same lol"

It's possible xD I'll keep an eye on your thread too because who knows, even if they're not the same
maybe suggestions will be made that are a match!

message 4: by Elphie (new)

Elphie (elphie1) Hi Brie! This sounds like it could be Twisted by Amity Hope. If not, it's a really good book that you would like if you liked the one you're searching for.

message 5: by Rosa (new)

Rosa (rosaiglarsh) | 5231 comments Twisted for the link.

message 6: by Brie (new)

Brie Rosa wrote: "Twisted for the link."

Elphie wrote: "Hi Brie! This sounds like it could be Twisted by Amity Hope. If not, it's a really good book that you would like if you liked the one you're searching for."

Thanks for the suggestion! Unfortunately that wasn't the book.
From what I remember, she was already dating a boy in it and the guy who is dangerous isn't revealed to be a danger until the last act.

She started dating the boy at the end of the 1st book - he was the new kid who got framed for being an arsonist.

But i'll definitely check it out!

message 7: by Brie (new)

Brie I’mma just bump this xD it’s kinda been lost to time

message 8: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 40687 comments Mod
Please note you can bump your post every 30 days, because the group is so large.

message 9: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 40687 comments Mod
Brie left the group. Moving to Abandoned.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Twisted (other topics)