What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > historical romance, war hero/ bodyguard for nobles ..

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Aletta (new)

Aletta | 1 comments Hello,

I'm looking for a book, i started to read recently but them ny kindle crashed so I lost it

it starts with a war scene where the hero's best friend/brother is under siege (dies???) and he runs into the battle to avange him. MAybe napoleonic wars or around that time? Until that he's against killing. Next scene where the heroine is going to the victorian house for help, the hero's office is at the top floor of the house (3th floor) she is led by there a very muscular servant/secretary ?? The corridor and the room is very detailed. She is related to the duke/noble the hero wants revenge on. (daughter, granddaughter??) This is all I remember. Can anybody recognize this book?

message 2: by Kris (new)

Kris | 36637 comments Mod
Aletta, around what year did you read this book? This will help narrow down the search.

What's the tone of this historical romance - romantic, mystery, angsty, steamy/clean, funny at times, etc.?

Is the story set in London, England? Are the heroine and hero rich/titled/poor, etc.? (She's an aristocrat and he's an ex-military bodyguard not from an aristocratic family?)

What kind of help does she want from the hero? Why does he want revenge?

message 3: by Kate (new)

Kate Farrell | 4069 comments Mod
Aletta ~~
Are you able to access your Kindle library on Amazon? The book may still exist there, and you can re-download it to your device. I "lost" a book once and found it again in my library, so I didn't have to track down or buy another copy.

Good luck!