Redstreak Readers discussion

Books Set in a Foreign Country > What book did you read that is set in a foreign country?

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Danielle (new)

Danielle Gil (mrsdanigil) | 41 comments Mod
At minimum include the title, author, and a yes/no recommendation. Feel free to write more to give your classmates a better sense of the novel. :)

message 2: by Danielle (new)

Lilac Girls by Martha Hall Kelly
YES!!!
I haven't quite finished the book yet, but it is about three women during the Holocaust. The women are each from different places and experience the war differently. One is a German doctor at a concentration camp, one is a Polish girl arrested for being part of the underground group working against the Nazis in Polland, and one is a New York socialite working to help the French citizens displaced during the war. I love that the book shows the war from different sides not previously explored in many books about the time.

message 3: by Danielle (new)

Sold by Patricia McCormick
YES!

Written in verse form, McCormick tells the story of a girl from Nepal who is sold by her family and taken to a brothel in India to work as a sex slave.

message 4: by Abigail (new)

Abigail Kelley | 14 comments I am Malala by Malala Yousafzai. Malala lives in Pakistan but gets transferred to England after getting shot.

message 5: by Tyler (new)

Tyler (Eozost) | 6 comments Scythe By Neal Shusterman is set in a time where all countries have been phased out for lack of a better term and new countries were made i'm not sure if this counts but it is something I highly recommend

message 6: by Tylercreech (new)

Tylercreech | 6 comments Scythe by Neal Shusterman is a book i recomend and asume fits in this cadogory