Redstreak Readers discussion

NY Times Bestsellers > What NY Times Bestseller did you read?

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Danielle (new)

Danielle Gil (mrsdanigil) | 41 comments Mod
At minimum include the title, author, and a yes/no recommendation. Feel free to write more to give your classmates a better sense of the novel. :)

message 2: by Danielle (new)

Lilac Girls by Martha Hall Kelly
YES!!!
I haven't quite finished the book yet, but it is about three women during the Holocaust. The women are each from different places and experience the war differently. One is a German doctor at a concentration camp, one is a Polish girl arrested for being part of the underground group working against the Nazis in Polland, and one is a New York socialite working to help the French citizens displaced during the war. I love that the book shows the war from different sides not previously explored in many books about the time.

message 3: by Abigail (new)

Abigail Kelley | 14 comments Four by Veronica Roth. I highly recommend this book. In this book they have 5 different factions based on what you believe erudite, amity, abnegation, candor, dauntless. Four was born into abnegation but on his choosing day he transferred to dauntless to get away from his abusive father. He finds out he is something called Divergent. Being divergent is extremely dangerous so he has to learn to hide it and stay under the radar.

message 4: by Brody (new)

Brody Fuller | 2 comments Football Champs by Tim Green. Yes i do recommend this book it was a very good read and the ending will have you wanting to read the next book in the series.

message 5: by Caliann (new)

Caliann Owens | 6 comments I read "the sun and her flowers" by Rupi Kaur. It is a series of poems that the author has written about her life and some of the things she has experienced. I recommend the book, but it is an emotional roller coaster. Be prepared to feel.

message 6: by Tylercreech (new)

Tylercreech | 6 comments scythe by Neal Shusterman is a book i recomend for this cadogory

message 7: by Lizzy (new)

Lizzy Gragg | 5 comments I read "Breaking Dawn" by Shephenie Meyer, the last book in the Twilight Saga. This book is so interesting and is a great ending to the series. I would highly recommend this book and the whole series to anyone interested.

message 8: by Danielle (new)

Every Last Word by Tamara Ireland Stone
I would highly recommend. It's a story about Sam, a teenage girl struggling with OCD and the realization that maybe her "friends" really aren't the best influences in her life.