Romance Readers Reading Challenges discussion

Archive (Team challenges) > PtP - Read, We Must Not Lose Our Glasses (7)

Comments Showing 1-50 of 284 (284 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6

message 1: by Jane (PS), Moderator (last edited Sep 05, 2018 01:58PM) (new)

Jane (PS) | 21348 comments Team members

Maestro: ✔ Carmen

Ensemble:
✔ Slytherpuff
✔ Suzanne (esmeralda)
✔ Himanshi
✔ jenny
✔ Ferdinanda

message 2: by Jane (PS), Moderator (last edited Aug 31, 2018 03:49AM) (new)

Jane (PS) | 21348 comments 1. Introduce yourself to your team. Let your team members know where you are from. This is a great to know when categories are announced and when team-mates can expect other members to post their book choices.

2. Team Captain - reserve a couple of posts in this thread tracking your team's book selection and completion. (Alternatively they could convert a chat comment to the tracking post/s.)

3. Name your team. Using this round's theme of GILBERT & SULLIVAN, come up with a fun name. We are an open/public group with no age limit, so please make sure any chosen name is smart, not smutty ;)

Please PM your name to Jane(PS) by 5 September.

4. If you have a private profile, please 'friend' your team-mates. This is really important, because without this, your team-mates can't see your shelves to select a books under option 2.

5. Please post your book selections/completions in the format provided below. (This format is also posted in both the Q&A and Sign-Up threads.) We need to know the week that each book corresponds to, the page numbers, and how the book qualifies including links to lists/shelves (where applicable), etc. I can't stress this enough. When in doubt - link it*!

* don't link to your review in your completion post - reviews in your completion posts should be included in full in that post.

You don't want to start reading a book and then find it doesn't meet the requirements because some information (eg page count or theme link) was missing from your original post.

I will be monitoring this and your book will not be considered complete until I am satisfied that your selection and completion posts comply with the format rules of the challenge.

Remember - you can ONLY change your book selection in the week that the theme is called.

6. You MUST check in with your team each week, ideally once the theme is announced. Please let your team know if you expect to have spotty communication or are on holidays or having an operation.

7. When you post the completion of your book, you must post a review; enough for us to know you have actually read the book. Please don't link to a review. You must post the review in this thread.

8. Re-reads are allowed but you can't read the same book twice within this challenge.

9. There is no prize for the winning team - bragging rights only :)

10. Each week, the theme will be announced in the Q&A Annoucement thread. The full list of themes announced during this round will be maintained in msg 1 of that thread.

The Rule on the Pass Option
* Each team can only have ONE member using their pass each week.
* Each member can only use that pass once each 5 weeks.
* This means that one or two team members (dependent upon the size of your team) will miss using a pass in each 5 week block.
* No-one can use the pass option in the last week of the challenge.
* In the final week if Option 2 is used, members must select their book from another team. This will be advised in the week 11 announcement.

message 3: by Jane (PS), Moderator (new)

Jane (PS) | 21348 comments Key selection and completion post information. You must have ALL elements in your book posts.

The format for selection posts Option 1:
Week #
Bookcover/link
Page numbers
How the book qualifies - please insert a link to the qualifying bookshelf/list.
If the theme is based off the bookcover or a letter in the title etc, please just repeat the theme.

The format for selection posts Option 2:
Week #
Bookcover/link
Page numbers
Name of the team-member, their star rating, the date they read the book.

Format for completion posts:
Week #
Bookcover/link
Rating (1-5)
Review

Please DO NOT CHAT in these selction/completion posts. It needs to be super clear.

If you 'waffle' about your decided book - please REPOST your selection once you decide. DO NOT go back and edit your waffling post.

message 4: by Jane (PS), Moderator (new)

Jane (PS) | 21348 comments Key selection and completion post information. You must have ALL elements in your book posts.

The format for selection posts Option 1:
Week #
Bookcover/link
Page numbers
How the book qualifies - please insert a link to the qualifying bookshelf/list.
If the theme is based off the bookcover or a letter in the title etc, please just repeat the theme.

The format for selection posts Option 2:
Week #
Bookcover/link
Page numbers
Name of the team-member, their star rating, the date they read the book.

Format for completion posts:
Week #
Bookcover/link
Rating (1-5)
Review

Please DO NOT CHAT in these selction/completion posts. It needs to be super clear.

If you 'waffle' about your decided book - please REPOST your selection once you decide. DO NOT go back and edit your waffling post.

message 5: by Jane (PS), Moderator (new)

Jane (PS) | 21348 comments I'll be tracking each team's progress separately, using the Captain's summary in each team's thread to check for accuracy.

message 6: by ☼♎ Carmen the Bootyshaker Temptress ☼♎ (last edited Oct 23, 2018 09:25AM) (new)

☼♎ Carmen the Bootyshaker Temptress ☼♎ | 2001 comments Weekly Selection Post

Week #1

Carmen - Dangerous Curves Ahead | Post
Ferdinand - Stuck-Up Suit | Post
jenny - Ghosted | Post
Himanshi - Fall from India Place | Post
Slytherpuff - The Road | Post
Suzanne (esmeralda) - The Lion's Lady | Post

Week #2:
Carmen ~ Neanderthal Marries Human | Post
Ferdinand ~ The Play Mate | Post
jenny ~ More Than Water | Post
Himanshi | Dark Desires After Dusk | Post
Slytherpuff | What the Librarian Did | Post
Suzanne (esmeralda) - Sticks & Stones | Post

Week #3
Carmen | Casting Spells | Post
Ferdinand ~ To All the Boys I've Loved Before | Post
jenny | F*ck Love | Post
Himandshi | Wicked Deeds on a Winter's Night | Post
Slytherpuff | Small Persons with Wings | Post
Suzanne (esmeralda) | Iron and Magic | Post

Week #4
Carmen ~ Just This Once | Post
Slytherpuff - Cinder | Post
Suzanne (esmeralda) - Ella Enchanted | Post
Himanshi - Heaven and Hell | Post
jenny ~ The Swedish Prince | Post
Ferdinanda ~ P.S. I Still Love You | Post

Week #5
Carmen ~ Chasing Red | Post
Slytherpuff - Dybbuk and Other Tales of the Supernatural | Post
Suzanne (esmeralda) - Bayou Moon | Post
Himanshi - Deep Kiss of Winter | Post
jenny - Roomies | Post
Ferdinanda | All About the D | Post

Week 6
Carmen ~ Shoe Addicts Anonymous - Post
Ferdinanda ~ Pass
jenny ~ The Paper Swan | Post
Himanshi ~ Lothaire | Post
Missy ~ The Assassin's Blade | Post
Suzanne (esmeralda) ~ The Duke and I | Post

Week 7
Carmen ~ Sex, Lies, and Online Dating | Post
Ferdinanda ~ Always and Forever, Lara Jean | Post
jenny ~ Loving Mr. Daniels | Post
Himanshi ~ Sylvester | Post
Missy ~ Romancing the Duke | Post
Suzanne ~ See Jane Score | Post

message 7: by ☼♎ Carmen the Bootyshaker Temptress ☼♎ (last edited Nov 28, 2018 08:55PM) (new)

☼♎ Carmen the Bootyshaker Temptress ☼♎ | 2001 comments Week 8
Carmen ~ Rhythm, Chord & Malykhin | Post
Ferdinanda ~ Maybe Someday | Post
jenny ~ True Love Story | Post
Himanshi ~ In the Band | Post
Missy ~ Maybe Someday | Post
Suzanne ~ Once Upon a Tower | Post

Week 9
Carmen ~ About Last Night | Post
Ferdinanda ~ All I Am: Drew's Story | Post
jenny ~ Down London Road | Post
Himanshi ~ The Chief | Post
Missy ~ Rebecca | Post
Suzanne ~ This Duchess of Mine | Post

Week 10
Carmen ~ Soulless | Post
Suzanne (esmeralda)
Himanshi ~ Sommersgate House | Post
jenny ~ Evidence of the Affair | Post
Ferdinanda
Missy ~ The Tattooist of Auschwitz | Post

Week 11
Carmen - The Kiss Quotient | Post
Suzanne (esmeralda)
Himanshi
jenny
Ferdinanda
Missy - The Kiss Quotient | Post

message 8: by ☼♎ Carmen the Bootyshaker Temptress ☼♎ (last edited Nov 28, 2018 08:49PM) (new)

☼♎ Carmen the Bootyshaker Temptress ☼♎ | 2001 comments Weekly Completion Post

Week #1

Carmen | Review
Ferdinand | Review
jenny | Review
Himanshi | Review
Slytherpuff | Review
Suzanne (esmeralda) | Review

Week #2
Carmen | Review
Ferdinanda | Review
Himanshi | Review
jenny | Review
Slytherpuff
Suzanne (esmeralda) | Review

Week 3
Carmen -
Ferdinand - Review
Himanshi - Review
jenny ~ Review
Slytherpuff - Review
Suzanne (esmeralda) - Review

Week 4
Carmen - Review
Ferdinand - Review
Himanshi - Review
jenny ~ Review
Slytherpuff -

Week #5
Carmen ~ Review
Slytherpuff ~
Suzanne (esmeralda) ~ Review
Himanshi ~ Review
jenny ~ Review
Ferdinanda ~ Review

Week 6
Carmen ~ Review
Ferdinanda ~ Pass
jenny ~ Review
Himanshi ~ Review
Missy ~ Review
Suzanne (esmeralda) ~ Review

Week 7
Carmen ~ Review
Ferdinanda ~ Review
jenny ~ Review
Himanshi ~ Review
Missy ~ Review
Suzanne ~ Review

Week 8
Carmen ~ Review
Ferdinanda ~ Review
jenny ~ Review
Himanshi ~ Review
Missy ~ Review
Suzanne ~ Review

Week 9
Carmen ~ Review
Ferdinanda ~ Review
jenny ~ Review
Himanshi ~ Review
Missy ~ Review
Suzanne ~

Week 10
Carmen ~
Himanshi
jenny
Ferdinanda ~ Review
Missy ~ Review
Suzanne ~

Week 11
Carmen
Himanshi
jenny
Ferdinanda
Missy

message 9: by Slytherpuff (new)

Slytherpuff Hello Everyone

message 11: by jenny (new)

jenny (ynnej405) | 353 comments Hi Team!

I'm Jenny and I'm really looking forward to playing with you :) This is my third round of PtP and how funny, Carmen, you've been my captain each time :)

message 12: by jenny (last edited Sep 01, 2018 09:10AM) (new)

jenny (ynnej405) | 353 comments I'm not good at team names. But I thought I would google some songs of G&S and try to come up with something.

There's a song called "I Have A Song To Sing, O!" - Maybe we could do something like "We Have A Book To Read, O!"?

Or there's another one called "Stay, We Must Not Lose Our Senses" - so maybe something like "Read, We Must Not Lose Our Senses"?

I'm really not familiar with G&S so maybe these are lame, lol.

☼♎ Carmen the Bootyshaker Temptress ☼♎ | 2001 comments jenny wrote: "Hi Team!

I'm Jenny and I'm really looking forward to playing with you :) This is my third round of PtP and how funny, Carmen, you've been my captain each time :)"

LOL Hi Jenny **waves* Nice to see you again and yes, we've been together for quite a few PtP and have had fun every time :-)

message 14: by Jane (PS), Moderator (new)

Jane (PS) | 21348 comments jenny wrote: "how funny, Carmen, you've been my captain each time :)"

Really? - will have to make sure that doesn't happen again. The randomiser is favouring you two somehow!!

message 15: by Jane (PS), Moderator (new)

Jane (PS) | 21348 comments jenny wrote: "I'm not good at team names. But I thought I would google some songs of G&S and try to come up with something.

There's a song called "I Have A Song To Sing, O!" - Maybe we could do something like "..."

As I read this: "Read, We Must Not Lose Our Senses", I was thinking it was going to be "Read, We Must Not Lose Our Glasses"!!

☼♎ Carmen the Bootyshaker Temptress ☼♎ | 2001 comments Jane (PS) wrote: "jenny wrote: "how funny, Carmen, you've been my captain each time :)"

Really? - will have to make sure that doesn't happen again. The randomiser is favouring you two somehow!!"

hahahaha nah you think. I don't think so ;)

☼♎ Carmen the Bootyshaker Temptress ☼♎ | 2001 comments Jane (PS) wrote: "jenny wrote: "I'm not good at team names. But I thought I would google some songs of G&S and try to come up with something.

There's a song called "I Have A Song To Sing, O!" - Maybe we could do so..."

I actually like that, LOL

message 18: by Ferdinanda (new)

Ferdinanda (jizinha) | 69 comments Hi there! I am Ferdinanda and very excited!
I am from Brasilia, Brazil.
This is my first time. You’ll need to help me, please!

message 19: by Ferdinanda (new)

Ferdinanda (jizinha) | 69 comments jenny wrote: "I'm not good at team names. But I thought I would google some songs of G&S and try to come up with something.

There's a song called "I Have A Song To Sing, O!" - Maybe we could do something like "..."

jenny wrote: "I'm not good at team names. But I thought I would google some songs of G&S and try to come up with something.

☼♎ Carmen the Bootyshaker Temptress ☼♎ wrote: "jenny wrote: "Hi Team!

I'm Jenny and I'm really looking forward to playing with you :) This is my third round of PtP and how funny, Carmen, you've been my captain each time :)"

LOL Hi Jenny **wav..."

Hi!! I really liked “we have a book to read, O!”

message 20: by jenny (new)

jenny (ynnej405) | 353 comments Jane (PS) wrote: "As I read this: "Read, We Must Not Lose Our Senses", I was thinking it was going to be "Read, We Must Not Lose Our Glasses"!!"

Hahahaha, that's even better! :D

message 21: by jenny (new)

jenny (ynnej405) | 353 comments Jane (PS) wrote: "jenny wrote: "how funny, Carmen, you've been my captain each time :)"

Really? - will have to make sure that doesn't happen again. The randomiser is favouring you two somehow!!"

Haha, it's ok :) I think Suzanne has also been on our team a few times. Seems like the randomiser thinks we're a good team, haha!

message 22: by jenny (new)

jenny (ynnej405) | 353 comments Ferdinanda wrote: "Hi there! I am Ferdinanda and very excited!
I am from Brasilia, Brazil.
This is my first time. You’ll need to help me, please!"

Hi Ferdinanda! Welcome to PtP! Don't worry, it's not that hard and you will have lots of fun. If you have any questions, let us know :)

☼♎ Carmen the Bootyshaker Temptress ☼♎ | 2001 comments I agree I think so too. 😀

☼♎ Carmen the Bootyshaker Temptress ☼♎ | 2001 comments Hi Ferdinanda. Welcome to the group and ditto what Jenny said. Not hard at all. You'll see and have fun as well 😀

message 25: by Slytherpuff (new)

Slytherpuff I'm also new to this challenge and group.

message 26: by Slytherpuff (new)

Slytherpuff I really like this name

"Read, We Must Not Lose Our Senses"

message 27: by Suzanne (new)

Suzanne (esmerelda1) | 2108 comments Hello Everyone! How is everyone enjoying their holiday weekend? This is Labor Day weekend here in case anyone is not in the USA, we get Monday off from work!

message 28: by jenny (new)

jenny (ynnej405) | 353 comments Suzanne wrote: "Hello Everyone! How is everyone enjoying their holiday weekend? This is Labor Day weekend here in case anyone is not in the USA, we get Monday off from work!"

Hi Suzanne! Lucky you, I'm in Germany, so no holiday for me. I hope you had a nice holiday weekend!

message 29: by ☼♎ Carmen the Bootyshaker Temptress ☼♎ (last edited Sep 03, 2018 06:56AM) (new)

☼♎ Carmen the Bootyshaker Temptress ☼♎ | 2001 comments Hi Suzanne. Welcome to the group and Happy Labor Day. I hope you're enjoying your weekend

We're going to have a BBQ today with the kids and hopefully enjoy the pool as well. It's going to be a hot one today.

So I think we might just have found our team name unless someone else has another name they'd like to suggest. LOL

message 30: by Suzanne (new)

Suzanne (esmerelda1) | 2108 comments ☼♎ Carmen the Bootyshaker Temptress ☼♎ wrote: "Hi Suzanne. Welcome to the group and Happy Labor Day. I hope you're enjoying your weekend

We're going to have a BBQ today with the kids and hopefully enjoy the pool as well. It's going to be a ho..."

Team name sounds good to me!

message 31: by jenny (new)

jenny (ynnej405) | 353 comments I think we're still missing a team member? Himanshi, where are you? :)

message 32: by Jane (PS), Moderator (new)

Jane (PS) | 21348 comments I sent a PM to Himanshi yesterday. Go ahead and sort with whichever name you prefer. If H doesn't turn up, I'll post in the thread to see if anyone else wishes to play :)

message 33: by ☼♎ Carmen the Bootyshaker Temptress ☼♎ (last edited Sep 04, 2018 06:32PM) (new)

☼♎ Carmen the Bootyshaker Temptress ☼♎ | 2001 comments Ok so I guess "Read, We Must Not Lose Our Senses" will be our name. I'll PM Jane or in my thread ☺

message 34: by Jane (PS), Moderator (new)

Jane (PS) | 21348 comments ☼♎ Carmen the Bootyshaker Temptress ☼♎ wrote: "Ok so I guess "Read, We Must Not Lose Our Senses" will be our name. I'll PM Jane or in my thread ☺"

Updated. I can always alter it if you decide you want to tweak or have something completely different :D

message 35: by ☼♎ Carmen the Bootyshaker Temptress ☼♎ (last edited Sep 04, 2018 08:15PM) (new)

☼♎ Carmen the Bootyshaker Temptress ☼♎ | 2001 comments Jane (PS) wrote: "☼♎ Carmen the Bootyshaker Temptress ☼♎ wrote: "Ok so I guess "Read, We Must Not Lose Our Senses" will be our name. I'll PM Jane or in my thread ☺"

Updated. I can always alter it if you decide you ..."

Thanks Jane. Do you mean like having 'Read, We Must Not Lose Our Glasses' instead? I thought that was funny and catchy too ;-)

message 36: by Jane (PS), Moderator (new)

Jane (PS) | 21348 comments ☼♎ Carmen the Bootyshaker Temptress ☼♎ wrote: "Jane (PS) wrote: "☼♎ Carmen the Bootyshaker Temptress ☼♎ wrote: "Ok so I guess "Read, We Must Not Lose Our Senses" will be our name. I'll PM Jane or in my thread ☺"

Updated. I can always alter it ..."

LOL - whichever :D They are both fun names!

☼♎ Carmen the Bootyshaker Temptress ☼♎ | 2001 comments Jane (PS) wrote: "☼♎ Carmen the Bootyshaker Temptress ☼♎ wrote: "Jane (PS) wrote: "☼♎ Carmen the Bootyshaker Temptress ☼♎ wrote: "Ok so I guess "Read, We Must Not Lose Our Senses" will be our name. I'll PM Jane or i..."

Yes, they are :)

message 38: by jenny (new)

jenny (ynnej405) | 353 comments ☼♎ Carmen the Bootyshaker Temptress ☼♎ wrote: "Jane (PS) wrote: "☼♎ Carmen the Bootyshaker Temptress ☼♎ wrote: "Jane (PS) wrote: "☼♎ Carmen the Bootyshaker Temptress ☼♎ wrote: "Ok so I guess "Read, We Must Not Lose Our Senses" will be our name...."

I also liked the version with "Glasses" :D

message 39: by Himanshi (new)

Himanshi (annie_0175) | 187 comments Hey guys! I'm Himanshi (or call me H, whatever you prefer) and I'm from India. This is my first time doing this so please bear with me. This funny thing happened to me just 2 hours before Jane sent me a message, I was checking for an update for this challenge and since I didn't found any I thought it might take some time. So sorry for being MIA!

☼♎ Carmen the Bootyshaker Temptress ☼♎ | 2001 comments I do too. Think it’s catchy. Hahahaha. I can just see myself forgetting my reading glasses 😂🤪

☼♎ Carmen the Bootyshaker Temptress ☼♎ | 2001 comments Hi Himanshi. Welcome to the group. No worries on being a first timer you’ll catch on quick and if not, some of us veterans will help out 🙂

message 42: by Jane (PS), Moderator (last edited Sep 05, 2018 01:59PM) (new)

Jane (PS) | 21348 comments Captain's call - its a very minor tweak.

~ the glasses are certainly applicable to me when I need to read without my kindle!!

message 43: by jenny (new)

jenny (ynnej405) | 353 comments Jane announced the first theme early:

https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

message 44: by jenny (last edited Sep 06, 2018 01:18AM) (new)

jenny (ynnej405) | 353 comments Selection Post - Option 1
Week #1
Ghosted by J.M. Darhower Ghosted
Page numbers: 450
How the book qualifies: It's #159 on best romance with a single parent

message 45: by Ferdinanda (last edited Sep 06, 2018 09:33AM) (new)

Ferdinanda (jizinha) | 69 comments Great! Tomorrow it will be holiday here, the Independence Day of Brazil. I already know what to do :-)

message 46: by Ferdinanda (new)

Ferdinanda (jizinha) | 69 comments Selection Post - Option 1
Week #1
Stuck-Up Suit by Vi Keeland Stuck-Up Suit
Page numbers: 245
How the book qualifies: It's #42 on best romance with a single parent

message 47: by Ferdinanda (new)

Ferdinanda (jizinha) | 69 comments Hi, now I need some help. I just copied Jenny's post so I think it is correct but do I need to post it anywhere else?

After I have finished reading the book, what should I do?

message 48: by Suzanne (new)

Suzanne (esmerelda1) | 2108 comments Selection Post - Option 1
Week #1

The Lion's Lady (Crown's Spies, #1) by Julie Garwood
The Lion's Lady by Julie Garwood
Page Numbers: 360
How the book qualifies: It's #36 on Adopted: Romance Leads who were Adopted

message 49: by jenny (new)

jenny (ynnej405) | 353 comments Looks good to me (well you copied my post, haha)

This is the right place, you don't have to post somewhere else.

When you finish you make another post and instead of "Selection Post" you name it "Completion Post". In the Completion Post you can keep the beginning (week #, bookcover/booklink) and instead of "Page number" and "How it qualifies" you put "Rating" and "Review". I hope that makes sense :)

message 50: by jenny (new)

jenny (ynnej405) | 353 comments Enjoy your book - I really liked that one :)

« previous 1 3 4 5 6