Romance Readers Reading Challenges discussion

Archive (Team challenges) > PtP - Love Sick Maidens (4)

Comments Showing 1-50 of 316 (316 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7

message 1: by Jane (PS), Moderator (last edited Sep 02, 2018 09:29PM) (new)

Jane (PS) | 21328 comments Team members

Maestro: ✔ Tammie

Ensemble:
✔ Mary-Megan
✔ Heather
✔ Jamie (TheRebel)
✔ Anja
✔ HeatherMarie

message 2: by Jane (PS), Moderator (last edited Aug 31, 2018 03:50AM) (new)

Jane (PS) | 21328 comments 1. Introduce yourself to your team. Let your team members know where you are from. This is a great to know when categories are announced and when team-mates can expect other members to post their book choices.

2. Team Captain - reserve a couple of posts in this thread tracking your team's book selection and completion. (Alternatively they could convert a chat comment to the tracking post/s.)

3. Name your team. Using this round's theme of GILBERT & SULLIVAN, come up with a fun name. We are an open/public group with no age limit, so please make sure any chosen name is smart, not smutty ;)

Please PM your name to Jane(PS) by 5 September.

4. If you have a private profile, please 'friend' your team-mates. This is really important, because without this, your team-mates can't see your shelves to select a books under option 2.

5. Please post your book selections/completions in the format provided below. (This format is also posted in both the Q&A and Sign-Up threads.) We need to know the week that each book corresponds to, the page numbers, and how the book qualifies including links to lists/shelves (where applicable), etc. I can't stress this enough. When in doubt - link it*!

* don't link to your review in your completion post - reviews in your completion posts should be included in full in that post.

You don't want to start reading a book and then find it doesn't meet the requirements because some information (eg page count or theme link) was missing from your original post.

I will be monitoring this and your book will not be considered complete until I am satisfied that your selection and completion posts comply with the format rules of the challenge.

Remember - you can ONLY change your book selection in the week that the theme is called.

6. You MUST check in with your team each week, ideally once the theme is announced. Please let your team know if you expect to have spotty communication or are on holidays or having an operation.

7. When you post the completion of your book, you must post a review; enough for us to know you have actually read the book. Please don't link to a review. You must post the review in this thread.

8. Re-reads are allowed but you can't read the same book twice within this challenge.

9. There is no prize for the winning team - bragging rights only :)

10. Each week, the theme will be announced in the Q&A Annoucement thread. The full list of themes announced during this round will be maintained in msg 1 of that thread.

The Rule on the Pass Option
* Each team can only have ONE member using their pass each week.
* Each member can only use that pass once each 5 weeks.
* This means that one or two team members (dependent upon the size of your team) will miss using a pass in each 5 week block.
* No-one can use the pass option in the last week of the challenge.
* In the final week if Option 2 is used, members must select their book from another team. This will be advised in the week 11 announcement.

message 3: by Jane (PS), Moderator (new)

Jane (PS) | 21328 comments Key selection and completion post information. You must have ALL elements in your book posts.

The format for selection posts Option 1:
Week #
Bookcover/link
Page numbers
How the book qualifies - please insert a link to the qualifying bookshelf/list.
If the theme is based off the bookcover or a letter in the title etc, please just repeat the theme.

The format for selection posts Option 2:
Week #
Bookcover/link
Page numbers
Name of the team-member, their star rating, the date they read the book.

Format for completion posts:
Week #
Bookcover/link
Rating (1-5)
Review

Please DO NOT CHAT in these selction/completion posts. It needs to be super clear.

If you 'waffle' about your decided book - please REPOST your selection once you decide. DO NOT go back and edit your waffling post.

message 4: by Jane (PS), Moderator (last edited Aug 31, 2018 05:32PM) (new)

Jane (PS) | 21328 comments I'll be tracking each team's progress separately, using the Captain's summary in each team's thread to check for accuracy.

Team 4 - could you please give Tammie a bit more time to reserve some posts here at the beginning before you jump on and introduce yourself?
Thanks

message 5: by Tammie (last edited Nov 16, 2018 09:23PM) (new)

Tammie | 1659 comments Link to full Theme List
FINAL: #13

FINAL-Selection Posts:
Anja:
Heather: Cards of Love: The Pope, L.P. Lovell
HeatherMarie: When You Love a Scotsman, Hannah Howell
Jamie: Save the Date, Annabeth Albert
Mary-Megan: Fully Ignited, Shannon Stacey
Tammie: The Kiss Quotient, Helen Hoang

FINAL-Completion Posts:
Anja
Heather
HeatherMarie 11/16
Jamie 11/16
Mary-Megan
Tammie

message 6: by Tammie (last edited Nov 16, 2018 08:13PM) (new)

Tammie | 1659 comments Round 2 Completion Posts:
Click on name--travel to 'post'

Week 10:
Anja 11/16
Heather
HeatherMarie 11/10
Jamie 11/14
Mary-Megan 11/13
Tammie 11/13

Week 9:
Anja 11/9
Heather 11/8
HeatherMarie 11/5
Jamie 11/5
Mary-Megan 11/8
Tammie 11/5

Week 8:
Anja 10/29
Heather 11/2
HeatherMarie 11/4
Jamie Passed
Mary-Megan 11/3
Tammie 10/29

Week 7:
Anja 10/25
Heather 10/27
HeatherMarie 10/25
Jamie 10/24
Mary-Megan 10/24
Tammie 11/2

Week 6:
Anja 10/19
Heather 10/15
HeatherMarie 10/16
Jamie 10/17
Mary-Megan 10/20
Tammie 10/16

message 7: by Tammie (last edited Nov 10, 2018 12:42PM) (new)

Tammie | 1659 comments Round 2 Selection Posts
Click on name-travel to 'post'
All selections are Option 1 unless noted otherwise

Week 10:
Anja: Bossy Nights, Liv Morris
Heather: Ever Lonely, Kimberly Lauren
HeatherMarie: The Man in the Black Suit, Sylvain Reynard
Jamie: An Ember in the Ashes, Sabaa Tahir
Mary-Megan: The One That Got Away, Melissa Pimentel
Tammie: Easy Charm, Kristen Proby

Week 9:
Anja: Marry in Scandal, Anne Gracie
Heather: Slade House, David Mitchell
HeatherMarie: Unfit to Print, K.J. Charles
Jamie: You Don't Have to Say You Love Me, Sarra Manning
Mary-Megan: Deadly Secrets, Robert Bryndza
Tammie: Eleanor Oliphant Is Completely Fine, Gail Honeyman

Week 8:
Anja Forever My Girl, Heidi McLaughlin
Heather: Jane, April Lindner
HeatherMarie: Song of Seduction, Carrie Lofty
Jamie: PASS
Mary-Megan: Over the Line, Cindy Gerard
Tammie: Cake, J. Bengtsson

Week 7:
Anja Easy Love, Kristen Proby-Option 2
Heather:Medicine Man, Saffron A. Kent-Option 2
HeatherMarie Marek, Sawyer Bennett-Option 2
Jamie:Immortal in Death, J.D. Robb-Option 2
Mary-Megan: Exclusively Yours, Shannon Stacey
Tammie: Strong, Kylie Scott-Option 2

Week 6:
Anja Nobody Does It Better, Lexi Blake
Heather: Avoiding Commitment, K.A. Linde
HeatherMarie: Shades of Milk and Honey, Mary Robinette Kowal
Jamie: The Allure of Julian Lefray, R.S. Grey
Mary-Megan: Caught Up in a Cowboy, Jennie Marts
Tammie: Into the Deep, Samantha Young

message 8: by Tammie (last edited Oct 24, 2018 07:40AM) (new)

Tammie | 1659 comments Round 1 Completion Posts:
Click on name--travel to 'post'

Week 5:
Anja 10/12
Heather 10/12
HeatherMarie 10/16
Jamie 10/8
Mary-Megan 10/14
Tammie Passed

Week 4:
Anja 10/7
Heather 10/4
HeatherMarie 10/9
Jamie 10/2
Mary-Megan 10/3
Tammie 9/29

Week 3:
Anja 10/2
Heather 9/27
HeatherMarie 9/26
Jamie 9/26
Mary-Megan 9/27
Tammie 9/24

Week 2:
Anja 9/20
Heather 9/15
HeatherMarie 9/21
Jamie 9/16
Mary-Megan 9/20
Tammie 9/16

Week 1:
Anja 9/7
Heather 9/8
HeatherMarie 9/13
Jamie 9/6
Mary-Megan 9/5
Tammie 9/8

message 9: by Tammie (last edited Oct 12, 2018 07:23AM) (new)

Tammie | 1659 comments Round 1 Selection Posts
Click on name-travel to 'post'
All selections are Option 1 unless noted otherwise

Week 5:
Anja Dr. OB, Max Monroe
Heather: 10 Things I Love About You: A Love in the '90s Anthology
HeatherMarie: Amour Amour, Becca & Krista Ritchie
Jamie: Submission, Chris Owen & Jodi Payne
Mary-Megan: The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society, Mary Ann Shaffer & Annie Barrows
Tammie: PASS

Week 4:
Anja Unloved, Katy Regnery
Heather: Deeper, Robin York
HeatherMarie: The Bargain, Mary Jo Putney
Jamie: On the Island, Tracey Garvis Graves
Mary-Megan: Sugar Daddy, Lisa Kleypas
Tammie: The Nearness of You, Iris Morland

Week 3:
Anja Frost Burned, Patricia Briggs
Heather: Disgrace, Brittainy C. Cherry-Option 2
HeatherMarie: Stars of Fortune, Nora Roberts
Jamie: Hunting Ground, Patricia Briggs
Mary-Megan: The Graveyard Book, Neil Gaiman
Tammie: Breaking Dawn, Stephanie Meyer

Week 2:
Anja: The Air He Breathes, Brittainy C. Cherry-Option 2
Heather: Filthy Gods, R. Scarlett-Option 2
HeatherMarie: Fated, Rebecca Zanetti
Jamie: Neanderthal Seeks Human, Penny Reid
Mary-Megan: Attachments, Rainbow Rowell
Tammie: At Any Price, Brenna Aubrey

Week 1:
Anja: Tattered, Denvey Perry
Heather: Finding Home, Lauren Baker
HeatherMarie: Sea Swept, Nora Roberts
Jamie: Folsom, Tarryn Fisher-Option 2
Mary-Megan: Rising Tides, Nora Roberts
Tammie: Complicated, Kristen Ashley

message 10: by Tammie (last edited Aug 31, 2018 09:44PM) (new)

Tammie | 1659 comments Welcome Team! I’ve been traveling on vaca and will continue through late Sunday U.S. Central time. Will do my best to check in periodically,

I'm excited to get started...I've done this a few times...it's a FUN challenge. PLEASE feel free to step in on messaging if I fall behind!

Let's spend these first few posts getting to know each other a bit and consider friending each other if you are comfortable!
-What's your fav genre/author?
-Something fun or unusual you'ld like to share about yourself with your teamies?
-When are you most likely to check-in...?

Our first task is a team name...will need to banter around some fun ideas...theme is 'Gilbert & Sullivan'..hopefully there's some creativity within our team as that's not my strong suit...

message 11: by Jamie (TheRebelliousReader) (last edited Aug 31, 2018 10:04PM) (new)

Jamie (TheRebelliousReader) (iambrucewayne) | 927 comments Hey there. I'm Jamie. This is my first time participating in PtP but I'm a pretty quick learner so I'll catch on quick. Hopefully. LOL.

-What's your fav genre/author?: I love fantasy and romance. Right now I'm in a big romance mood whether it's M/F or M/M doesn't matter to me. It just has to have romance. I prefer PNR and Fantasy with heavy romance but I do like contemporaries as well. As for favorite author it's a tie between Neil Gaiman and J.R. Ward.

-Something fun or unusual you'd like to share about yourself with your team?: I'm a big musical theater nerd. It was my second major in college. :)

-When are you most likely to check-in?: I'm in Texas so I can check in around 3pm CST

And I'm not too familiar with Gilbert & Sullivan except for Pirates of Penzance. I'm gonna have to do some research and come back when I can think of some names.

message 12: by Mary-Megan (last edited Aug 31, 2018 10:08PM) (new)

Mary-Megan | 2230 comments Hi!
I'm Mary-Megan. This is my second time doing PtP and I hope that I can keep up. I am currently going for my Masters degree and working full time, so I have my hands full but I love reading and challenging myself, so bring it on...I have to admit, though, that I'm not a fast reader, so between that and getting the books from the library (especially if I have to get it from another library), it usually takes me the full week to get a book done. I promise not to fall too far behind, but I don't think I'll be of any help in finishing first the last round.

I mostly read contemporary romance, especially small town romances, but also mysteries, romantic suspense, and some historical fiction. I have way too many authors that I like to even think about listing them. I was glad to see, though, that a lot of them work within these challenges.

I have to admit that I am always checking in. I work in a library so I'm constantly on Goodreads. On Fridays I get a little OCD about checking to see if the theme has been posted.

In terms of team names, I'm normally a creative person, but I don't have much inspiration with this theme. There was a song "Twenty love sick maidens we" and I thought we could do Six Love sick maidens we since there are six of us, but that might be confused with team 6, so maybe Four Love Sick Maidens We? ...Or another song was "Oh Foolish Fay" and we can do Oh Foolish Four....Their one play is H.M.S. Pinafore but we could make it H.M.S. PinaFOUR...That's all I got...

message 13: by Jamie (TheRebelliousReader) (last edited Sep 01, 2018 07:05AM) (new)

Jamie (TheRebelliousReader) (iambrucewayne) | 927 comments Names so far--Thanks, Mary-Megan:

Four Love Sick Maidens
Oh Foolish Four
H.M.S PinaFOUR

Heather:
Four Love Sick Maidens

Also, I see that they had a a ballad called 'Sweethearts' and I think that alone could be a cute name. Or we could add something else to it.

message 14: by Heather (new)

Heather | 410 comments Hi team #4!!

I love PtP!! I have played almost every time its come around. Its one of my favorite challenges.

*My favorite authors are Penelope Douglas & Kendare Blake
My favorite genre is Romance, contemporary & New Adult. I am really into dark romance lately. With LOTS of angst too! I do like YA and Horror also.

*I currently live in Houston, Texas but for the first 32 yrs of my life I lived in Maryland. I miss it terribly but my hubbys family is here. I have 3 kids a 22yr old son who is in Japan with the US Navy. A 14 yr old daughter who IS becoming the child your parents say "I hope one day you have a child just like you"! Luckily, she is my only daughter. ;) Then I have a 4 yr old son who is obsessed with the Avengers.

*I always check in around 11 p.m. & 5-6 a.m. Then several times randomly throughout the day. I am also in Central time.

*Lastly, I am HORRIBLE trying to think up a team name but so far
Four Love Sick Maidens
Sweethearts (maybe add a 4 to it?)

message 15: by HeatherMarie (new)

HeatherMarie (heathermariereads) | 659 comments Hey PtPers!
I’m HeatherMarie & it’s my second time participating in this challenge. I live in a city between Fort Worth & Dallas- most likely to check in the morning.
My favorite sub-genres of romance are paranormal & historical (Rose Lerner & Ilona Andrews being two of my favs). I also like Sarah Vowell & Jasper Fforde.
My vote for our name would be either H.M.S. PinaFour or the Sweathearts

message 16: by Tammie (new)

Tammie | 1659 comments Good morning everyone! It’s good to hear everyone’s stories.
MaryM...together again...we’ll have so fun!

I’ve played PtP many times...Jane creates some fun themes...a book a week is something easy for me to do and I like the strategy of working towards the win at the end.

My husband and I do quite a bit of traveling...right now we’re enjoying one of the most beau places in the world...Banff Canada...the Canadian Rockies are breathtaking! My son is 28 and my daughter 25. My job is selling real estate and I love it.

Favorite authors...probably JR Ward and Diana Gabaldon although I probably have another 12 that are a close second. I’m hoping a few of you have recent reads that are on my tbr...I’ve just finished a couple of grueling challenges and hope to enjoy reading what I want for a spell. I plan to stack Jane’s list just to be sure:) No offense Jane!

We’ve got a good start on team names...keep the ideas coming!

Jamie (TheRebelliousReader) (iambrucewayne) | 927 comments Heather wrote: "Hi team #4!!

I love PtP!! I have played almost every time its come around. Its one of my favorite challenges.

*My favorite authors are Penelope Douglas & [author:Kendare Blake|4..."

I really like 4 Love Sick Maidens! I'm putting my vote in for that one. :)

And it's awesome to meet other Texans in here.

message 18: by Anja (new)

Anja Vuković | 59 comments Hello team :) I'm a bit late for the party as the clothes shop I am working in has just opened and we're working crazy hours. I believe things will slow down before this challenge starts.

My favorite genre is Romance and I have three favorite authors - Lexi Blake, Kristen Ashley & Jamie Begley (no particular order)

I have been living by myself for two years and have now returned to my parents (I got a job in my hometown) in hopes of saving some money to buy myself an apartment. I've been here a week and still haven't gotten around to put away my things. That's the task I will be doing today and I'm not looking forward to it (a smallish room and way too much stuff). I am dreading how things will work out living with them again but we decided to give it a try and just look at the big goal. It won't be more than a year but it will still be challenging.

I'm from Europe and my check-in hours will be whenever during the day, depending on my work hours.

message 19: by Jane (PS), Moderator (new)

Jane (PS) | 21328 comments Tammie wrote: "I plan to stack Jane’s list just to be sure:) No offense Jane!..."

This is exactly what we want, so long as the book fits the lists' parametres :D

...And I can't believe that are so many members from Texas on one team. And another team is heavily-weighted to the North-West! Crazy randomiser!

message 20: by Mary-Megan (new)

Mary-Megan | 2230 comments Did you see that if everyone chooses a name, we can start early? I'm eager to start, so let's get this name thing sorted out...

It seems like it's a toss up between 4 Love Sick Maidens and Sweethearts. I did like H.M.S. PinaFour, but we have a lot already in the running... I have to admit that I checked to see what other teams have been coming up with and no one else seems concerned with their team numbers, so we could always make it The Love Sick Maidens if that's the direction we wanted to go. The "4" throws me because there are six of us...but that could just be me...

Any thoughts? Anyone feel strongly about anything?

message 21: by HeatherMarie (new)

HeatherMarie (heathermariereads) | 659 comments No strong opinions.
The Love Sick Maidens=🏆🏆🍗🍽

Jamie (TheRebelliousReader) (iambrucewayne) | 927 comments I vote for The Love Sick Maidens. It's cute and kinda sounds like a band name. Lol

message 23: by Tammie (new)

Tammie | 1659 comments The 'four' in the name throws me a bit too...as you said MaryM there are six of us.

I like the Love Sick Maidens...could go with The Love 'Six' Maidens too
I love H.M.S. PinaFour but I don't sense a huge following for that one.

A few more comments and then I'll plan to turn our name in tomorrow around noon to Jane. Anja...I don't think we've heard your opinion on our name yet.

message 24: by Mary-Megan (new)

Mary-Megan | 2230 comments Jamie (TheRebelliousReader) wrote: "I vote for The Love Sick Maidens. It's cute and kinda sounds like a band name. Lol"

I love the thought of The Love Sick Maidens as a band name. That'd be awesome!

message 25: by Heather (new)

Heather | 410 comments I just saw team eight put in their name....they didnt use the number at all. I feel weird about "4"too.

I think Love Sick Maidens sounds best.

message 26: by Tammie (last edited Sep 03, 2018 05:30AM) (new)

Tammie | 1659 comments OK...Love Sick Maidens...it is!

I think our band needs a logo...anyone up for it? I can't post an image myself...but maybe one of you LSMs know what you are doing along those lines :)

It does sound like a band name...my favorite band is Bon Jovi...I've probably seen them at least 4 times in concert...my first concert was BTO...yes I'm a rocker from the 70s! hehe!

How about you all...any fav bands/band memories out there?

message 27: by Mary-Megan (new)

Mary-Megan | 2230 comments I'm in love with Ed Sheeran. He's such a versatile artist. I also like Carrie Underwood and P!nk.

As for memories, most of the concerts that I've gone to have been with my mom, so they're more easy listening. We've done Jim Brickman (piano player), David Garret (a rock violinist), Celtic Women and Celtic Thunder. Funny thing about Celtic Women, we actually forgot we had tickets for them - even though they were sitting on my desk in front of my computer. We remembered the day after the concert...oops...We ended up seeing them the next year and were actually disappointed in the experience.

My favorite concert would probably be the concert at the zoo that I went to with my BFF. It was Colbie Calliat a few years ago and her opening act was Andy Grammer, who we'd never heard of but he was so energetic and fun. Now he's more well known and it's cool think that we saw him when he was just starting out.

message 28: by Tammie (last edited Sep 03, 2018 07:04PM) (new)

Tammie | 1659 comments Mary-Megan wrote: "I'm in love with Ed Sheeran. He's such a versatile artist. I also like Carrie Underwood and P!nk.

As for memories, most of the concerts that I've gone to have been with my mom, so they're more eas..."

oK...so I had to look up to see who Ed Sheeran was...old here!
I liked the music vid for Perfect...will listen to more of his stuff...he's coming to St. Louis soon...

My most wild concert story was a semi-concert moment.

So I used to be a restaurant manager for McDonald's...this was more than 30 years ago. Anyway at one of the manager conventions the entertainment was Tina Turner. She had signed a contract with McDonald's to entertain at the closing gala...I guess she signed like 6 months before she hit it big...so needless to say all the guys at my table...and in those days we females were definitely in the minority...the guys were going absolutely wild...we were like 12 feet from the stage...one guy was on top of the table yelling for Tina. I swear Tina was wearing lingerie...you could pretty much see her butt and she had on fishnet stockings...pretty wild.

message 29: by Mary-Megan (new)

Mary-Megan | 2230 comments There's something awesome about seeing people before they make it big.

message 30: by Tammie (new)

Tammie | 1659 comments Mary-Megan wrote: "There's something awesome about seeing people before they make it big."

I know...it's like you are 'one of theirs'.

Heart used to sing all the time at a club I used to go to back home. Once they hit it big...their sound really changed...but style...the same.

My son has a few guys from his high school baseball team that are now playing major league baseball...it's kinda neat seeing them grow up to be someone famous...you hope and pray they 'stay the same'...but of course that's really almost impossible to do.

message 31: by Heather (new)

Heather | 410 comments My daughter is crazy about Ed Sheeran! I like his music too so I dont mind. :)

Many people have teased me over my first concert but I was a very happy 13 yr old. It was New Kids On the Block!! Nothing is more embarrassing than a friend of mine, his first was Milli Vanilli BEFORE their scandal. Actually, I liked Blame it on the Rain. Lol
I have seen Pink Floyd, Grateful Dead, Metallica, Rod Stewart, Nine Inch Nails, Candlebox, Led Zepplin. Most recently Fifth Harmony w my daughter.

@Tammie, I love the Tina Turner story!

Jamie (TheRebelliousReader) (iambrucewayne) | 927 comments I love New Kids on the Block! I saw them in concert I wanna say back in '08 or '09. Lady GaGa opened for them right before she hit it big. It was great though my brother teased me about it. LOL.

I've been to a few concerts. 30 Seconds to Mars (Jared Leto came through the crowd and I got to hug him. He smelled wonderful xD), Three Doors Down, The Script, and my favorite was seeing Beyoncé in Houston for her Mrs. Carter tour. I've never had so much fun in my life.

I love Ed Sheeran as well and would love to see him in concert.

message 33: by Heather (new)

Heather | 410 comments Wow! Jamie you have seen some great concerts! Crazy jealous about you hugging Jordan Catalano! (Jared Leto)

Jamie (TheRebelliousReader) (iambrucewayne) | 927 comments Heather wrote: "Wow! Jamie you have seen some great concerts! Crazy jealous about you hugging Jordan Catalano! (Jared Leto)"

And it was all because I decided to skip my senior prom and go see them in concert instead. LOL. I have no regrets. He was a sweetheart. It was an outside concert and he went through hugging people. I was in the pit but people who were sitting in the bleachers he went over there with them as well. It was a fun time.

He will always be Jordan Catalano. The re-runs of that show was my introduction to him and I've been in love ever since.

message 35: by Mary-Megan (new)

Mary-Megan | 2230 comments Am I the only one getting super excited about the first theme getting posted tomorrow? I want to give the other teams a kick in the pants to get their names so we can get this party truly started. I just put a bunch of titles on hold for different categories, so hopefully those get called so I don't have to keep putting them on hold and requesting them. That is my only problem with the challenge, especially the themes being posted on Friday because holds don't get processed over the weekend. If I have to get the book from another library, the soonest I can start reading is Wednesday. Fingers crossed I have the books I need within reach...

Jamie (TheRebelliousReader) (iambrucewayne) | 927 comments I'm excited too! I have a gr shelf for potential PTP books. LOL. I wanted to be prepared but then again I'm so moody that I may not read any of those books.

message 37: by Tammie (new)

Tammie | 1659 comments I do the same thing! I also added a bunch of books I want to read to the lists...I think the hunt/this is one of my fav parts to this challenge!

message 38: by Heather (new)

Heather | 410 comments I cant wait until it starts either!!! It shouldn't be too much longer!

Did you see team 10's name... It's Not Over 'Til the Fab Ladies Read

I love it! Too funny. I wish I was creative like that with the names. :(

message 39: by Mary-Megan (new)

Mary-Megan | 2230 comments I liked The Pirates of Pen's Pants. That one made me giggle.

I have a document where I have which books I want to read for which category. I think the only reason I didn't do it last round of PtP was because I couldn't find books that I wanted to read in the categories. This round I found decent options.

message 40: by Mary-Megan (new)

Mary-Megan | 2230 comments must...stop...checking...goodreads...every half hour....

message 41: by Tammie (last edited Sep 05, 2018 03:33PM) (new)

Tammie | 1659 comments Week 1

Option 1
Link to Links:
https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

*When we have to pick from a specific list...please note the number on the list to the book you've chosen.
To link to the specific number:
1. Go to the book
2. Scroll down to 'lists with this book'
3. Click on the 'list' ... this should take you to the specific location of that list
4. Copy the url and paste it in to your post...
Note: for some reason not all lists show up...so this may not always work.

11. Read a book with an MC who was an orphan or is homeless ~ from one of the following lists:
Gay romance featuring an orphaned MC
All Grown Up: Romance novels featuring former foster children finding love
Adopted: Romance leads who were adopted
Gay romance featuring a homeless MC
Homeless romance hero or heroine
UNICEF defines an orphan as a child under 18 years of age who has lost one or both parents to any cause of death. So I've added two more lists:
Best romance with a single parent
MM single parents

If you use Option 1 your book MUST be chosen from one of the above lists.

Option 2
Key date: 7 March 2018

Please ensure you follow the format shown in msg 3 of your team threads. when you post your selection and completion posts.

message 42: by Tammie (new)

Tammie | 1659 comments Week #1, Option 1
Complicated by Kristen Ashley
Complicated, Kristen Ashley
576 pgs-reading audio version
How the book qualifies: From the list, Best Romance with a Single Parent # 159
https://www.goodreads.com/list/show/1...

message 43: by HeatherMarie (last edited Sep 05, 2018 03:36PM) (new)

HeatherMarie (heathermariereads) | 659 comments Week 1- Option 1
Sea Swept (Chesapeake Bay Saga, #1) by Nora Roberts
Sea Swept by Nora Roberts
330 pages
Qualifies: # 3 on Adopted Romance Leads

message 44: by Mary-Megan (last edited Sep 05, 2018 04:31PM) (new)

Mary-Megan | 2230 comments Week # 1 - Option 1

Rising Tides (Chesapeake Bay Saga, #2) by Nora Roberts
Rising Tides by Nora Roberts
Page numbers: 330 pages
How the book qualifies - #1 on the Adopted: Romance Leads who were adopted list

message 45: by Heather (new)

Heather | 410 comments Selection Post ~ Option ONE

Week #1 - Read a book with an MC who was an orphan or is homeless
Finding Home by Lauren Baker
Book: Finding Home by Lauren Baker
Pages: 316
How it fits: is #40 on the list Homeless Romance Hero or Heroine

message 46: by Jamie (TheRebelliousReader) (last edited Sep 05, 2018 07:34PM) (new)

Jamie (TheRebelliousReader) (iambrucewayne) | 927 comments Week 1; Option 2
Folsom (End of Men, #1) by Tarryn Fisher
Book: Folsom by Tarryn Fisher
Pages: 210
How it fits: Heather read it June of 2018 and rated it 5 stars

Jamie (TheRebelliousReader) (iambrucewayne) | 927 comments First call would be one of the few that I didn't have a book planned for. LOL.

Also, what does the key date: March 7, 2018 for option 2 mean?

message 48: by Tammie (last edited Sep 05, 2018 07:59PM) (new)

Tammie | 1659 comments Jamie (TheRebelliousReader) wrote: "First call would be one of the few that I didn't have a book planned for. LOL.

Also, what does the key date: March 7, 2018 for option 2 mean?"

Option 2 lets you pick from one of your teammates ‘read’ shelves. The book must have been read between now and the key date (within the last 6 ms) AND rated at least 3 Stars.

I use this option quite often...glad you were able to find something.

Jamie (TheRebelliousReader) (iambrucewayne) | 927 comments Oh okay. That makes sense. Thanks Tammie!

message 50: by Anja (new)

Anja Vuković | 59 comments Week 1- Option 1
Tattered (Lark Cove, #1) by Devney Perry
Tattered by Devney Perry
314 pages
Qualifies: #50 on All Grown Up: Romance Novels Featuring Former Foster Childern Finding Love

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7