Aussie Lovers of Crime/Mystery/Thriller/Suspense discussion

The Ice Princess (Patrik Hedström, #1)
This topic is about The Ice Princess
Archives > September 2018 -First Thoughts-**No Spoilers**- The Ice Princess

Comments Showing 1-30 of 30 (30 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Phrynne, Mystery lover! (last edited Aug 31, 2018 03:13AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Phrynne | 3963 comments Mod
First thoughts on The Ice Princess (Patrik Hedström, #1) by Camilla Läckberg The Ice Princess by Camilla Läckberg

message 2: by Brenda, Suspense lover! (new) - added it

Brenda | 9900 comments Mod
I'm quite looking forward to this :)

Odette (odman) | 308 comments Just about 50 pages into this book and I am liking it very much so far. The vivid descriptions bring the setting to life and could just feel the cold.

message 4: by Brenda, Suspense lover! (new) - added it

Ooh that's good to know!!!!

Lee at ReadWriteWish (leeatreadwritewish) | 190 comments I've just started reading. It's difficult to imagine how cold it is there for someone from the tropics! LOL

message 6: by Phrynne, Mystery lover! (new) - rated it 5 stars

I really enjoyed this book and went on to read the next two in the series. There are still more - I must get back to them sometime:)

message 7: by Brenda, Suspense lover! (new) - added it

We need to have a "finish your series" challenge!!

message 8: by Phrynne, Mystery lover! (new) - rated it 5 stars

It would need to be an annual one:)

message 9: by Brenda, Suspense lover! (new) - added it

👍 I know, I have plenty too 😲

Odette (odman) | 308 comments Phrynne wrote: "It would need to be an annual one:)"

An annual 'finish your series' challenge sounds a great idea!
I have so many partially read series.

message 11: by Brenda, Suspense lover! (new) - added it

As do I Odette!

message 12: by Odette (last edited Sep 05, 2018 01:02AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Odette (odman) | 308 comments To keep track of partially read series, I am putting the books I have read into a new shelf called "series". Hopefully it will make it easier and can put in order of authors' names and see which books in a series are missing.

Just finished reading The Ice Princess, which I really enjoyed. I will discuss it more in the other thread as there was much I liked about it, but just a couple of things did not make it a five star read for me.

message 13: by Bea (new) - rated it 4 stars

Bea | 284 comments Odette wrote: "To keep track of partially read series, I am putting the books I have read into a new shelf called "series". "

Odette, I have 3 shelves to track series...Next to Read (for the next in series), To Be Continued (for the rest of each series), and New Series (for those that look good but have not yet been started).

message 14: by Brenda, Suspense lover! (new) - added it

I think I'll have to start a series shelf or shelves too!!!

Odette (odman) | 308 comments Bea wrote: "Odette wrote: "To keep track of partially read series, I am putting the books I have read into a new shelf called "series". "

Odette, I have 3 shelves to track series...Next to Read (for the next ..."

That's a good idea, Bea! Perhaps, I could have a tbr series shelf. That would be two, don't think I could manage three.

message 16: by Kadi (new) - rated it 3 stars

Kadi (kads) | 68 comments I'll be picking this up from the library this week.

Kylie H | 930 comments I am a tad annoyed - I looked at the library when this was nominated and yes they have the eBook. Thought to myself, I will wait until closer to September to borrow it so I read it in September. Go to borrow it and someone has beat me to it, so now I have it on hold. Wouldn't it rot your socks!!! Hopefully it is available soon ☹

message 18: by Carolyn (last edited Sep 11, 2018 11:59PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Carolyn | 1517 comments I've had this book so long it's on iBooks, predating my kindle, so I'm really pleased to be reading it at last!
I'm about half way through, so won't say too much except that I'm enjoying it. Have no idea why Alex was killed or by whom but there seem to be a number of possible suspects. I like the parallel story of Erica and her sister and nasty brother-in-law. Hoping something bad happens to him!

Kylie H | 930 comments Kylie wrote: "I am a tad annoyed - I looked at the library when this was nominated and yes they have the eBook. Thought to myself, I will wait until closer to September to borrow it so I read it in September. Go..."

And just like that it is available!!! Now i just have to finish what I am reading - coincidentally I happen to be reading two books both set in Norway. There always seems to be a thread that binds books together that i am reading.

Lee at ReadWriteWish (leeatreadwritewish) | 190 comments I'm not sure how far in I am to the book. My ebook version is a little odd. There seems to be a chapter missing in the contents and it's been telling me I have an hour left to read since I started it.

message 21: by Brenda, Suspense lover! (new) - added it

Sounds like your formatting is bad. Perhaps you could re-download it? I hope mine is alright..

message 22: by Bea (new) - rated it 4 stars

Bea | 284 comments Kylie wrote: "There always seems to be a thread that binds books together that i am reading. "

I thought it was only to me that that happened. I have noticed it in my own reading...and, it is a bit amazing, as it is definitely not planned. Just serendipitous.

Kylie H | 930 comments Bea wrote: I thought it was only to me that that happened. I have noticed it in my own reading...and, it is a bi..."

It can sometimes be quite spooky, like an unusual name, or a strange remote location. Other times is can be so strong I start to muddle the books, but it is always intriguing and wonderful.

message 24: by Rob (new)

Rob | 635 comments Kylie wrote: "I am a tad annoyed - I looked at the library when this was nominated and yes they have the eBook. Thought to myself, I will wait until closer to September to borrow it so I read it in September. Go..."

The problem with public libraries Kylie is that the public will insist on using them. I've had the same problem from time to time and have thought about hiring a hit man but apparently it's verboten.

Kylie H | 930 comments Rob wrote: "The problem with public libraries Kylie is that the public will insist on using them. I've had the same problem from time to time and have thought about hiring a hit man but apparently it's verboten."
too funny! Yes, I feel quite indignant that someone could possibly want a book more than me. I might put a VIP sticker on my library card and insist on priority treatment in future - that should score me big brownie points down there. On the up side I have always waited until I get home to throw my big hissy fit!

Kerri_M | 698 comments Bea wrote: "Odette wrote: "To keep track of partially read series, I am putting the books I have read into a new shelf called "series". "

Odette, I have 3 shelves to track series...Next to Read (for the next ..."

Bea, my system is similar - to read, 2 read after, and 2 read maybe

Brooke - One Woman's Brief Book Reviews (onewomansbbr) | 518 comments Kylie wrote: "Rob wrote: "The problem with public libraries Kylie is that the public will insist on using them. I've had the same problem from time to time and have thought about hiring a hit man but apparently ..."

Speaking as a public library clerk, you would probably be surprised at the amount of people that do get very sooky when the books they want are already out or they realize they will not get a new book first because other people have already reserved it.... don't even get me started on the overdue books. So thanks for saving your hissy fit until you got home Kylie hahaha

Kylie H | 930 comments Brooke - One Woman's Brief Book Reviews wrote: "So thanks for saving your hissy fit until you got home Kylie hahaha "

Oh Brooke, I feel for you having to deal with all of us book diva's! From now on I shall be on my best behaviour at the library.

message 29: by Kadi (new) - rated it 3 stars

Kadi (kads) | 68 comments I picked up the book today. I'm going to start it now to keep up with Sept, I'm also reading a Stephen King book and that'll take at least another week to get through it. I wish I could read more hours in a day as some of his books take me at least 2 weeks to read

message 30: by Jenny (last edited Sep 21, 2018 01:01AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jenny (diggensjenny) | 460 comments I finished reading Ice princess today, and I did enjoy it. However, parts of Ice Princess did not flow well for me - could be the translation. I did not expect the ending of Ice Princess. Amazing to me I started a series from the beginning instead of reading out of order.

Aussie Lovers of Crime/Mystery/Thriller/Suspense

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

The Ice Princess (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Camilla Läckberg (other topics)