Fantasy Buddy Reads discussion

City of Ashes (The Mortal Instruments, #2)
This topic is about City of Ashes
Archive [Retired Buddy Reads] > City of Ashes [Nov 5, 2018]

Comments Showing 1-33 of 33 (33 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Angela, I'm Silverfox lost (new)

Angela | 3603 comments Mod
Buddy read starts 5th November.

Elinor | 1548 comments I started it (only the prologue and the begining of the first chapter) and I have hope in me : it seems the chapters are not that long ?!

Siobhan (poi5ongirl) | 7859 comments Haha yayyy that's good!! I'm a bit behind but will make a start soon. :)

Elinor | 1548 comments I'm behind on everything else xD

Siobhan (poi5ongirl) | 7859 comments Oh well I'm not alone then XD
I seem to have lost all motivation this month!!

Elinor | 1548 comments The lost of motivation was mine last month xD and now it is so the Armageddon, I'm not even half way through Siege and Storm...

message 7: by Charlie (new) - added it

Charlie (charlieridley) | 4553 comments Started! Read the prologue and chapter 1. I don't like that (view spoiler)

message 8: by Charlie (new) - added it

Charlie (charlieridley) | 4553 comments Chapter 2 (view spoiler)

Siobhan (poi5ongirl) | 7859 comments Charlie wrote: "Started! Read the prologue and chapter 1. I don't like that [spoilers removed]"

I agree with that! I was disappointed.

Elinor | 1548 comments Siobhan wrote: "Charlie wrote: "Started! Read the prologue and chapter 1. I don't like that [spoilers removed]"

I agree with that! I was disappointed."

I agree too ! Especially since she is not really white as snow herself...

message 11: by Charlie (new) - added it

Charlie (charlieridley) | 4553 comments Finished chapter 7 (view spoiler)

Elinor | 1548 comments I want the feels ! (but I need to finish Siege and Storm before I really get into this one)

Siobhan (poi5ongirl) | 7859 comments Only Elinor I think :)
This is my first time reading.

message 14: by Charlie (new) - added it

Charlie (charlieridley) | 4553 comments It's my first time too. I'm about 100 pages in, can't believe (view spoiler)

Elinor | 1548 comments I only read the first one ! This one is new to me :)

Siobhan (poi5ongirl) | 7859 comments Oh sorry Elinor! My bad! XD

Siobhan (poi5ongirl) | 7859 comments I'm through chapter 7 I think, but I don't really have much to say! Yet. XD just thought I'd let you all know that! 😅

Elinor | 1548 comments now that I'm done with Siege and Storm I can spend more time on this one :)

Siobhan (poi5ongirl) | 7859 comments Charlie wrote: "Finished chapter 7 [spoilers removed]"

Urgh yes you're totally right. I have no time for it.

Siobhan (poi5ongirl) | 7859 comments Meagan wrote: "Siobhan wrote: "I'm through chapter 7 I think, but I don't really have much to say! Yet. XD just thought I'd let you all know that! 😅"

i find these books have a slow build and then theres wild fan..."

Thanks Meagan. I was so close to putting this down as DNF last night and abandoning the whole series. I just wasn't feeling it at all, and I'm struggling to motivate myself to read at the moment in general. But I feel encouraged to keep going a bit further. :)

message 21: by Charlie (new) - added it

Charlie (charlieridley) | 4553 comments I was finishing Order of the Phoenix last night so this book didn't get a look in unfortunately. I'm not gripped yet but I am enjoying it so I'll hopefully read more over the weekend.

Siobhan (poi5ongirl) | 7859 comments Chapter 9 - (view spoiler)

Elinor | 1548 comments I'm in the middle of chapter 2 and I have to say that I love me some damaged and broken character who does everything to get in trouble and even try to get himself killed (hello, Lucifer <3)

message 24: by Charlie (new) - added it

Charlie (charlieridley) | 4553 comments I still just don't like Jace at all. I'm not sure why but there's just something about him that rubs me the wrong way.

Elinor | 1548 comments Simon is cool.

message 26: by Charlie (new) - added it

Charlie (charlieridley) | 4553 comments Simon is better, I just find him awkward.

message 27: by Charlie (new) - added it

Charlie (charlieridley) | 4553 comments Chapter 9 complete. What the heck is going on?! (view spoiler)

Siobhan (poi5ongirl) | 7859 comments Charlie wrote: "Chapter 9 complete. What the heck is going on?! [spoilers removed]"

Isn't it epic though?! Shit is going down! 😅

message 29: by Charlie (new) - added it

Charlie (charlieridley) | 4553 comments Haha it's definitely getting exciting!

Elinor | 1548 comments I'm finally finished ! I'm not loving this series as much as I had hoped to but I'm liking it. There is such a Jace & Simon gay moment, don't think as well ?? I like (view spoiler)
Also, about girl friendship : I was annoyed by the rivality between Isabelle and Clary in book 1. Here we have Maia. But (view spoiler) so I hope this is going to evolve.
And I'm quite a big Magnus fan.

message 31: by Charlie (new) - added it

Charlie (charlieridley) | 4553 comments I’m still reading. I’m just enjoying my other reads more than this at the moment but it is still a fun read. I don’t particular like any of the characters that much if I’m honest.

Elinor | 1548 comments I agree on the characters, except Magnus (and the duo with Alec), and Simon, I'm not a fan of them. I think we may need to push the start of the Infernal Devices back a little if we want to be caught up on this first part first, what do you think ?

message 33: by Charlie (new) - added it

Charlie (charlieridley) | 4553 comments Yes definitely!