Aussie Readers discussion

Archives > Quarterly Read-a-thon Friday 7th September - Sunday 9th September 2018

Comments Showing 1-50 of 304 (304 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7

message 1: by Brenda, Aussie Authors Queen (new)

Brenda | 72289 comments Mod
It's time to mark your calendars for our next quarterly read-a-thon! It will take place Friday September 7th at 12.01am and continue until Sunday September 9th at 11.59pm in your local time zone - 3 full days :)

We read 21,686 pages last quarterly Read-a-thon so let's see if we can reach 22,000 pages!

Don't forget our Challenge Guidelines here

Please post your interest here in this thread up until we begin the challenge --- when the weekend is over the page numbers read will be tallied:)

If possible, check in at least once a day, more often if you want. Our cut off time for you to add your final totals with a NEW POST will be Monday 10th AEST:)

message 2: by Brenda, Aussie Authors Queen (last edited Sep 06, 2018 08:40PM) (new)

Participants

Ace
Brenda
Bron
Bryndis
Carolyn
Genevieve
Jane
Jazzy
Jen
Jenny
☼♄Jülie
Kerri
Kerri_M
Kylie D
KylieMaree
Lainey
Leonie
Li'l Owl
Marianne
MaryG2E
Michael
MichelleG
Niamh
Noelene
Phrynne
Renee V
Rosie
Sally906
Sharon
Tracey Allen
Valerie
Zoey

message 3: by Sharon (new)

Sharon | 4825 comments Count me in 😊

message 4: by Ace (new)

Ace (aceonroam) Me too!

message 5: by Brenda, Aussie Authors Queen (new)

You two were quick!! lol Good for you both :)

message 6: by Ace (new)

Ace (aceonroam) Hehe, yes, don't forget my near anxiety attack thinking it was starting today and I had missed the email or something :)

message 7: by Brenda, Aussie Authors Queen (new)

Haha! It's great how keen you are!

message 8: by Ace (new)

Ace (aceonroam) I'm 9 books behind on my Reading Challenge, so I need the excuse to just keep reading for 3 days. No chores!!!! Plus it helps that 40 other people are reading like crazy along the way. If hubby spots me on Facebook he always tells me to get back to my readathon and that 'those books won't read themselves!'

message 9: by Brenda, Aussie Authors Queen (new)

Haha 😆 Good to have his support! He's right of course 😊

message 10: by Sharon (new)

Sharon | 4825 comments Ace wrote: "I'm 9 books behind on my Reading Challenge, so I need the excuse to just keep reading for 3 days. No chores!!!! Plus it helps that 40 other people are reading like crazy along the way. If hubby spo..."

I'm with your hubby on that one, Ace. No time for Facebook when there's a readathon in progress 😊

message 11: by Sally906 (new)

Sally906 | 7 comments Count me in - will have grandchildren under foot on Saturday - but have the rest of the weekend.

message 12: by Brenda, Aussie Authors Queen (new)

Lucky for us it's a three day weekend!

message 13: by Kerri (new)

Kerri | 373 comments I'm in too. I always feel guilty for spending so much time reading when there is so much else to do. Readathons give me a good excuse to have my nose in a book.

message 14: by Ace (new)

Ace (aceonroam) Sharon wrote: "
I'm with your hubby on that one, Ace. No time for Facebook when there's a readathon in progress 😊.."

I know, I know, but when it comes to being distracted, I am like a 5 year old.....

message 15: by Brenda, Aussie Authors Queen (new)

Kerri wrote: "I'm in too. I always feel guilty for spending so much time reading when there is so much else to do. Readathons give me a good excuse to have my nose in a book."

I know what you mean - but guilt is our "thing" isn't it!!

message 16: by Brenda, Aussie Authors Queen (new)

Ace wrote: "Sharon wrote: "
I'm with your hubby on that one, Ace. No time for Facebook when there's a readathon in progress 😊.."

I know, I know, but when it comes to being distracted, I am like a 5 year old....."

Easy to happen! Especially if the book isn't captivating enough ;)

message 17: by Bryndís (new)

Bryndís | 52 comments Low-key participating. That's the last day on holiday with my family and we tend to walk all.day and play games all night. But saturday there's a lot of traveling and sunday is mostly free, so I think I can get some reading in😁😉

message 18: by Brenda, Aussie Authors Queen (new)

Any amount helps Bryndis!

message 19: by Jane (new)

Jane | 547 comments Count me in....it's come around quick since last time.

message 20: by Jen (new)

Jen Roe | 128 comments Please count me in

message 21: by Jazzy (last edited Aug 31, 2018 01:17AM) (new)

Jazzy Lemon (jazzylemon) | 727 comments Can't wait for tomorrow to start the stack of books winking on the shelf for September! I've got my guitar lesson early Sat. Morning and then going to my friend's house and she and I will play guitars most of the day and her husband will make us PANCAKES! But will have time for reading in the evening :)

message 22: by Brenda, Aussie Authors Queen (new)

Check the dates Jazzy..not this weekend 😊

message 23: by Phrynne, Series Queen! (new)

Phrynne | 12303 comments Mod
Brenda wrote: "Lucky for us it's a three day weekend!"

Why is it a three day weekend Brenda?

message 24: by Phrynne, Series Queen! (new)

Oh and I am in of course:)

message 25: by Jazzy (last edited Aug 31, 2018 01:43AM) (new)

Jazzy Lemon (jazzylemon) | 727 comments Brenda wrote: "Check the dates Jazzy..not this weekend 😊"

What? When is it?

OH! well, So we start on Friday? is that Thursday night for me?

If you can see the timestamp, it is now 9:42 am here, what time is it there please?

message 26: by Brenda, Aussie Authors Queen (new)

Jazzy wrote: "Brenda wrote: "Check the dates Jazzy..not this weekend 😊"

What? When is it?

OH! well, So we start on Friday? is that Thursday night for me?

If you can see the timestamp, it is now 9:42 am here,..."

6.42pm Jazzy - Friday night

message 27: by Brenda, Aussie Authors Queen (new)

Phrynne wrote: "Brenda wrote: "Lucky for us it's a three day weekend!"

Why is it a three day weekend Brenda?"

I meant it's a three day weekend for the readathon :)

message 28: by Jenny (new)

Jenny (diggensjenny) | 768 comments Please count me in, Brenda.

message 29: by Brenda, Aussie Authors Queen (new)

All added to the list to here :)

message 30: by Phrynne, Series Queen! (new)

Brenda wrote: "Phrynne wrote: "Brenda wrote: "Lucky for us it's a three day weekend!"

Why is it a three day weekend Brenda?"

I meant it's a three day weekend for the readathon :)"

Lol! I thought I had missed something. I know we have a long weekend coming up in October. I live for Public Holidays:)

message 31: by Brenda, Aussie Authors Queen (new)

Hahaha!! With a lot of us losing our Saturday for reading is what I was getting at... pretty obscure I know! lol

message 32: by Jazzy (new)

Jazzy Lemon (jazzylemon) | 727 comments So you're 9 hours ahead of me, So it would start 3pm Thursday afternoon, right?

message 33: by Brenda, Aussie Authors Queen (new)

We don't mind if you do the same - midnight Thursday/Friday to midnight Sunday and report your total on Monday. We usually have people reporting at all different times and if it makes it easier for you to do the same times, and report nine hours later than we finish that's fine. Either/or - as long as you get the same amount of reading time :)

message 34: by Carolyn (last edited Aug 31, 2018 02:18AM) (new)

Carolyn | 8445 comments I'm in, but those of us going to the Newcastle meet-up on Saturday 8th will have to read on the train instead of yakking! Not sure that's going to work!

message 35: by Brenda, Aussie Authors Queen (new)

You won't be able to concentrate even if you do try to read with everyone around you ;) Don't worry about those few hours Carolyn - just have fun!!

message 36: by Brenda, Aussie Authors Queen (new)

You're on the list Carolyn :)

message 37: by Marianne (new)

Marianne (cloggiedownunder) | 8712 comments Carolyn wrote: "I'm in, but those of us going to the Newcastle meet-up on Saturday 8th will have to read on the train instead of yakking! Not sure that's going to work!"

I'm in too, of course, but what Carolyn said. I was thinking straight away, I won't have 2 hours reading on the treadmill, I will have time on the train from Thirroul, but once I get to Central that Jools will be chatting ;) and then by Hornsby there will be more of us, LOL. we never sit in the quiet carriage!

message 38: by Brenda, Aussie Authors Queen (new)

Haha! Perhaps if you sit in the Quiet carriage, you'll HAVE to read ;)

message 39: by Brenda, Aussie Authors Queen (new)

On the list Marianne

message 40: by Sally906 (new)

Sally906 | 7 comments When do the clocks get put forward? Isn’t it that weekend? You Eastern board guys plus South Australia will get an hour less to read - Territorians, WA dwellers and Queenslanders don’t lose that hour!

message 41: by Brenda, Aussie Authors Queen (new)

Oh strike me pink!!! Is it really??? I'll check my calendar....

message 42: by Phrynne, Series Queen! (new)

We are all just going to have to read faster!

message 43: by Brenda, Aussie Authors Queen (last edited Aug 31, 2018 03:25AM) (new)

Sally906 wrote: "When do the clocks get put forward? Isn’t it that weekend? You Eastern board guys plus South Australia will get an hour less to read - Territorians, WA dwellers and Queenslanders don’t lose that hour!"

Phew!! No, 7th October Sally :)

message 44: by Natty (new)

Natty (booknerdnatty) | 328 comments I thought its the first weekend of October we put our clocks forward..

message 45: by Brenda, Aussie Authors Queen (new)

Yes, my calendar says it's the 7th Oct :)

message 46: by Leonie (new)

Leonie (leonierogers) | 3276 comments And count me in too. Busy weekend, but I'm sure I'll read a few pages :)

message 47: by Brenda, Aussie Authors Queen (new)

On the list Leonie

message 48: by Brenda, Aussie Authors Queen (new)

On the list Michael :)

message 49: by Bron (new)

Bron (bron23) | 69 comments Woohoo, it's that time again. I'm in!

message 50: by Brenda, Aussie Authors Queen (new)

Excellent - on the list Bron!

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7