Fantasy Buddy Reads discussion

Archive [Retired Buddy Reads] > Gryphonpike Series[September 2018]

Comments Showing 1-42 of 42 (42 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Angela, I'm Silverfox lost (new)

Angela | 3603 comments Mod
Buddy Read starts 3rd September.

message 2: by Karishma (new)

Karishma (karishmanewar) | 1613 comments Spot

message 3: by Karishma (new)

Karishma (karishmanewar) | 1613 comments Hi Elinor - reading this today right?

message 4: by Elinor (new)

Elinor | 1548 comments So I forgot to sign in. But yeah ! Reading it tonight !

message 5: by Elinor (new)

Elinor | 1548 comments Finished the second one and there were some nasty things in it ! (view spoiler)
I liked this one just as much as book 1, it was a fun adventure. I feel like it reads like a serial or like watching a TV series.
We get some clues about what happened to Killer that got her cursed ! It seems (view spoiler)

message 6: by Karishma (new)

Karishma (karishmanewar) | 1613 comments Yes, I just finished and I liked it too.Makha and Rahiel for some great gear.

Yes, the mystery is slowly resolving.

On to the next one?

message 7: by Elinor (new)

Elinor | 1548 comments All right :)

message 8: by Karishma (last edited Sep 04, 2018 12:34PM) (new)

Karishma (karishmanewar) | 1613 comments This didn't seem like 100 pages, did it? - I felt like it was 40-50 pages maybe.

message 9: by Elinor (new)

Elinor | 1548 comments Even the begining "We all know this tale. There once was a beautiful elven princess... I am that foolish Singer. These are the chronicles of my path home." reminds me of "When I was a child, my planet Krypton was dying. I was sent to Earth to protect my cousin. But my pod got knocked off-course and by the time I got here, my cousin had already grown up and become Superman. " or "My name is Barry Allen, and I'm the fastest man alive" XD

message 10: by Karishma (new)

Karishma (karishmanewar) | 1613 comments When I was a child, my planet Krypton was dying. I was sent to Earth to protect my cousin. But my pod got knocked off-course and by the time I got here, my cousin had already grown up and become Superman. "

Where is this from?
Are you watching Krypton btw?

message 11: by Elinor (new)

Elinor | 1548 comments yes it's so fast past that it feels more 50-ish than 100 !

message 12: by Elinor (new)

Elinor | 1548 comments It's frome Supergirl ! a show I really like even though it can be a bit cheesy ^^ (and even though I'm only half way through season 1 since I'm exactly the same with series than I am with books : LATE) Not watching Krypton yet, but planned too ! are you watching it ?

message 13: by Karishma (new)

Karishma (karishmanewar) | 1613 comments I watched it midway and went on vacation and forgot about it.

It is good but not great.

Basically it's about someone from Earth who goes back into the past to Krypton to warn superman's father.- Braniac wants to end Krypton in his time so that Superman is never born and he can conquer Earth.

Plus, the thing is Superman's grandfather is in love with general Zod's mother.

message 14: by Karishma (new)

Karishma (karishmanewar) | 1613 comments I definitely intend to watch it in the future.
I do have two Netflix movie suggestions

1. To all the boys I have loved before - watched it today so good
2. Set it up - Nice rom com.

message 15: by Elinor (new)

Elinor | 1548 comments Already listed To all the boys I've loved before but it will go up the pile if it was that good ^^ Set it up however I've never heard of ! Thanks :) Right now I'm obssesed with Trollhunters, I'm looooviiing it !

message 16: by Karishma (new)

Karishma (karishmanewar) | 1613 comments It waa - it gave me so many awww moments and made me happy.

Trollhunters looks really good. There is a character called aaaaargghhhhh?

Bye for tonight. Will read and get back to you tomorrow.

message 17: by Elinor (new)

Elinor | 1548 comments Yep, but that's more Argh! with a ! xD It is funny, well plotted, and the characters are really good. I'm so in love ^^
I was about to go to bed as well :) goodnight to you !

message 18: by Karishma (new)

Karishma (karishmanewar) | 1613 comments XD Good night!

message 19: by Karishma (last edited Sep 05, 2018 12:58AM) (new)

Karishma (karishmanewar) | 1613 comments Good Morning.

I really liked this instalment plot wise. Plus, it almost seems like typical Drake behaviour that he hid so much from the rest of his companions. What did you think?

(view spoiler)

message 20: by Karishma (new)

Karishma (karishmanewar) | 1613 comments Oh and now we know what dwarves look like in this world!

message 21: by Elinor (new)

Elinor | 1548 comments + one for the pears, +1 for Harry Potter as well, and +1 on the absence of new clues !
I really liked it, perhaps my favorite so far. I really like how we focused on one of them in the group, it makes it easier to get attached.

Yes dwarves are not the same as usual it's nice ! (or I read it wrong, possible since there was noise in the bus and all ^^')

message 22: by Karishma (new)

Karishma (karishmanewar) | 1613 comments My favourite too! Yes, they aren't the same.

On to the next one then ?

I feel ao sad that they are all 40 pages each now!

message 23: by Elinor (new)

Elinor | 1548 comments I will be starting it tomorrow, going to bed now, see you tomorrow ! :)
(yes they were already really short, don't know how this is going to play out with only 40 pages !)

message 24: by Karishma (new)

Karishma (karishmanewar) | 1613 comments Good Night!

message 25: by Elinor (new)

Elinor | 1548 comments I missed my bus yesterday so no reading done from this series ! hoping to start and finish 4th one today since it is short.

message 26: by Karishma (new)

Karishma (karishmanewar) | 1613 comments Oh no to the missing of the bus!

Okay, read soon!

message 27: by Karishma (last edited Sep 08, 2018 08:58AM) (new)

Karishma (karishmanewar) | 1613 comments Hi Elinor, hopefully we can finish this off by tomorrow?

message 28: by Elinor (new)

Elinor | 1548 comments Couldn't finish it yesterday, but yes I will finish it today !

message 29: by Karishma (new)

Karishma (karishmanewar) | 1613 comments Okay great :-)

message 30: by Choko (new)

Choko (chokog) | 7674 comments Is it too late to join?

message 31: by Karishma (new)

Karishma (karishmanewar) | 1613 comments No, no join Choko - all these are pretty short!

message 32: by Choko (new)

Choko (chokog) | 7674 comments Who is the author, so I can find them?

message 33: by Karishma (new)

Karishma (karishmanewar) | 1613 comments Annie Bellet - Witch Hunt

The first one is a Kindle Freebie btw.

message 34: by Choko (new)

Choko (chokog) | 7674 comments Thanks, kiddo 😀

message 35: by Elinor (new)

Elinor | 1548 comments Do join Choko ! This is really good ! (but I think you already read them ? or am I mistaken ?)

Finish four it was SO GOOD the best so far :) I really like it when the stakes are high... they were all so cool in this one and the action was really really great.

message 36: by Choko (new)

Choko (chokog) | 7674 comments Just finished the first one. So, I remember reading this back in the day and being dissatisfied with the writing... However, this time around I enjoyed it much better. I wonder if I was listening to it then and got lost in all the names. This round I am doing the Kindle addition and am much better oriented in the story. Still not perfect, but I am interested in continuing with the series 😊

message 37: by Elinor (new)

Elinor | 1548 comments Yeah ! the second one is good but then 3 and 4 are awesome, and I hope it stays as good <3

You reading 5th Karishma ?

message 38: by Karishma (new)

Karishma (karishmanewar) | 1613 comments I thought we were finishing them all today and I did 🤐

Sorry!

message 39: by Karishma (new)

Karishma (karishmanewar) | 1613 comments Elinor wrote: "Yeah ! the second one is good but then 3 and 4 are awesome, and I hope it stays as good <3

You reading 5th Karishma ?"

Well it is good - I thought the 5th one was 5 star worthy!

message 40: by Karishma (new)

Karishma (karishmanewar) | 1613 comments Choko wrote: "Just finished the first one. So, I remember reading this back in the day and being dissatisfied with the writing... However, this time around I enjoyed it much better. I wonder if I was listening t..."

It gets better and better.

I can understand, I wouldn't want to listen to audio for this one.

message 41: by Elinor (new)

Elinor | 1548 comments I wasn't sure if it was "finishing everything on Sunday" or "finishing 4 on Sunday", my fault ^^" I wanted to finish everything bu got distracted but Sandman Slim ! I'm going to finish tem all today or tomorrow :)

message 42: by Karishma (new)

Karishma (karishmanewar) | 1613 comments I get the whole being distracted by Sandman Slim thing.

And I can wait, I had forgotten that I was going to be here during the Romancing the duke discussion. I will go offline after that.