Fantastic Books and Where to Read Them discussion

Halloween Spooktacular > Halloween 2018

Comments Showing 1-20 of 20 (20 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Cassie (new)

Cassie Powell | 127 comments Mod
I know that Halloween is 2 months away but I thought we could start discussing now what we’d like to read. It could be anything really. Sci-Fi, Mystery, Thriller, Horror, or Fantasy. Whatever feels spooky and Halloweeny to you. As we discuss whichever book people seem to be interested in that will be our October book of the month. If we can’t seem to decide I’ll create a poll and then that’ll decide. I also thought we could talk about our favorite Halloween movies/ traditions in another discussion feed. If you guys are interested. Let me know.

message 2: by Cassie (new)

Some books that I’ve been wanting to read that feel Halloweeny is the Unbecoming of Mara Dyer or Neverwake. Both have that creepy suspense vibe going on.

message 3: by Cassie (new)

What's your favorite Halloween movie?

message 4: by Shea (new)

Shea Greene | 4 comments Hocus Pocus will always be my all time favorite!!

message 5: by Cassie (new)

My favorite is Halloweentown. I could watch that movie everyday and never get tired of it.

message 6: by Shea (new)

Shea Greene | 4 comments I like all of those movies too and I also like watching BeetleJuice.

message 7: by Shannara (new)

Shannara | 45 comments I love all of those!!! I haven’t seen Halloweentown in so long!! Now I’m going to have to rewatch it.

message 8: by Cassie (new)

I know. I wish they had Halloweentown on Netflix so I could watch it but sadly they don’t.

message 9: by Shannara (new)

Shannara | 45 comments It’s on Amazon’s Prime video if you have that!!

message 10: by Cassie (new)

Sadly I don’t I’m a poor college student. But I have been watching the Chilling Adventures of Sabrina. It’s been really good so far. And I love that Ross Lynch is Harvey.

message 11: by Shannara (new)

Shannara | 45 comments I saw the preview for that!! It looks good. I also saw the previews for the House on Haunted Hill, but it looked pretty intense. I probably wouldn’t be able to sleep after watching it...

message 12: by Cassie (new)

Yeah I’m kind of a wimp when it comes to Halloween movies. Like I can handle Buffy the vampire slayer level of scary but anything more than that I can’t handle. Then I won’t be able to sleep for a week.

message 13: by Shea (new)

Shea Greene | 4 comments I want to watch both of those..The trailers look really good!

message 14: by Cassie (new)

Sabrina’s good but it was a little more intense than I was expecting.

message 15: by Shea (new)

Shea Greene | 4 comments It looked intense when I watched the trailer.

message 16: by Shannara (new)

Shannara | 45 comments I started watching Sabrina and I’m really liking it so far. A bit darker than I thought it’d be, but I seriously like most of the characters. Ambrose might be my fav, but Sabrina is pretty awesome too. Who do you like so far?

message 17: by Cassie (new)

I love Ambrose too. He's whole vibe is my everything. When he kissed that one warlock. OMG! And I wish that we'd gotten a bit more of Salem. He was always my favorite in the tv show. Plus Harvey's cool too, Ross Lynch is just too sweet for words. Oh and just wait it gets even darker from the first episode.

message 18: by Cassie (new)

By the way... Happy Halloween you guys! I hope you guys had a great day filled with tricks and treats.

message 19: by Shannara (new)

Shannara | 45 comments Ok so I totally binge watched the whole series and just finished!!!! It was so good!!! Harvey is too sweet for words. I agree, I wish Salem had a bigger presence in the show. I read on IMBD that Kiernan Shipka is allergic to cats so they cut down his role. Smh... looks like they’ve already decided to do ten more episodes to be released next year. Why do we have to wait so long!!!!

Happy Halloween to you too and everyone here!!! Hope everyone had a great one!!!

message 20: by Cassie (new)

I guess it’s kinda like Stranger Things. They only release the next season a full year later and only on Halloween or at least in October.