What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

The Silver Falcon (Das kupferne Zeichen #2)
This topic is about The Silver Falcon
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. YA Medieval Falconry Possibly Involving Frederick Barbarossa [s]

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Marisa (last edited Sep 15, 2018 07:55PM) (new)

Marisa (brynnflynn) | 3 comments The Silver FalconSOLVED I would have read this sometime in the late 90's to early 00's.

The book was about a young peasant boy who wanted to become a falconer, but had no chance because he was a peasant. Somehow he wound up noticed by Frederick Barbarossa and wound up serving as an apprentice with the falconers. There was a lot to do with a white gyrfalcon which had been gifted to the king. There was a description of repairing the feathers on a falcon's wing.

message 2: by Tab (new)

Tab (tabbrown) | 5055 comments What country were you in when you read this?
Remember the cover?
Part of a series?

message 3: by Marisa (new)

Marisa (brynnflynn) | 3 comments Tab wrote: "What country were you in when you read this?
Remember the cover?
Part of a series?"

United States.

I feel like it was a painted portrait of the main character, on a blue sky with the bird possibly in the foreground.

I think it was a solo book, not in a series.

message 4: by Diana (new)

Diana Faillace | 10 comments The Silver Falcon by Katia Fox...originally written in German

message 5: by Tab (new)

Tab (tabbrown) | 5055 comments Here is the link to the book Diana suggested above:

The Silver Falcon

message 6: by Marisa (new)

Marisa (brynnflynn) | 3 comments OMG YESSS!!!! THAT'S EXACTLY IT THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!