Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Book Issues > "The Awakened" Link Request

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by September (new)

September (thedoomeddiva) | 35 comments Hi,

My author has his kindle edition and his paperback editions up... unfortunately one of them was added incorrectly and they are not linked as different editions of the same book.

Would someone mind linking these together so they show as different editions of the same book?

Thank you so much.

message 2: by Abcdarian (new)

Abcdarian | 23411 comments What author please? And a link to the book on Goodreads would be helpful.

message 3: by September (new)

September (thedoomeddiva) | 35 comments Oh my goodness I am so sorry.

Here are the links to both editions. The author is Richard Spillman.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/4...

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/4...

message 4: by Abcdarian (last edited Aug 31, 2018 06:49AM) (new)

Abcdarian | 23411 comments Editions combined. :-) Is this the same author who wrote The Passion of Job and the other book on that profile?

message 5: by September (new)

September (thedoomeddiva) | 35 comments Thank you so much.

The other two books on his profile are his books as well, but he's requested The Passion of Job to be removed from the library. Is that possible?

message 6: by Rosa (last edited Aug 31, 2018 10:39AM) (new)

Rosa (rosaiglarsh) | 145 comments Why does he want that?

message 7: by Abcdarian (last edited Aug 31, 2018 10:49AM) (new)

Abcdarian | 23411 comments It's still available on Amazon, plus Goodreads generally doesn't remove published books as readers will have shelved them, so I doubt very much that it would be removed.

message 8: by September (new)

September (thedoomeddiva) | 35 comments It is an old work that contains quite a few writing errors, he says, and would prefer to leave in the background until he is able to rewrite it. I understand if we are unable to pull it, but I thought I would at least request what the requirements are with that.

message 9: by Abcdarian (new)

Abcdarian | 23411 comments Basically, as explained in post 7, not going to happen. Librarians aren't allowed to remove it anyway and staff would only do it for some important reason I believe, like something legal.

message 10: by September (new)

September (thedoomeddiva) | 35 comments Abcdarian wrote: "Basically, as explained in post 7, not going to happen. Librarians aren't allowed to remove it anyway and staff would only do it for some important reason I believe, like something legal."

I did not see your reply before I posted mine. Thank you for clarifying.

In that case, may I post the information here to flesh out the book page?

message 11: by Abcdarian (new)

Abcdarian | 23411 comments Sure.