2-3-4 Challenge discussion

Murder in Chinatown (Gaslight Mystery, #9)
This topic is about Murder in Chinatown
Archives - Group Reads > Murder in Chinatown by Victoria Thompson (Gaslight Mystery #9) - September 2018

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jonetta (last edited Aug 31, 2018 10:10AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 11426 comments Mod
Sarah Brandt has made her uneasy way to Chinatown to deliver a baby. There she meets a group of Irish women who, completely alone at Ellis Island, married Chinese men in the same predicament. But even as a new century dawns, New Yorkers still cling to their own kind, scorning children of mixed races.

When the new mother's half-Chinese, half-Irish niece goes missing, Sarah knows that alerting the police will accomplish nothing, and seeks the one person she can turn to-Detective Sergeant Malloy.

And when the missing girl is found dead in a Chinatown alley, Sarah and Malloy have ample suspects in her murder-from both sides of Canal Street.

Book Discussion

Charlene (charlenethestickler) | 615 comments Ordered from Library!

Phrynne | 308 comments First book up for the month. I can't wait to see whether they progress this relationship any further.

Phrynne | 308 comments Just finished. I liked the mystery and there was some nice character development for Catherine and Maeve. I won't comment yet on Frank and Sarah:)

It’s next up for me.

Robin (robinmy) | 2607 comments I'm starting this one today.

The discussion questions are now posted! See link in message #1 above.