2-3-4 Challenge discussion

The Vicious Vet (Agatha Raisin, #2)
This topic is about The Vicious Vet
Archives - Group Reads > The Vicious Vet by M. C. Beaton (Agatha Raisin #2) - September 2018

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jonetta (last edited Aug 31, 2018 07:38PM) (new)

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 11406 comments Mod
Feisty Agatha Raisin, former London PR exec, retired to quiet Cotswold village. Handsome vet Paul Bladen accidentally kills himself while attending Lord Pendlebury's horse. Agatha and attractive neighbor James Lacey investigate the curious lack of sorrow shown by his divorced wife while a killer plans another "accident".

Book Discussion

Sharmon (tpgirl) | 259 comments I listened to this one earlier in the month. Is anyone else following along?

message 3: by Anita (new) - added it

Anita (anitanodiva) | 2811 comments I wasn't that impressed with the first book. Agatha is a real piece of work and not the kind of character I care for at all, but, I'm going to give her another shot and see if she grows on me.

Sharmon (tpgirl) | 259 comments I agree Agatha isn't likable.

message 5: by Charlene (new)

Charlene (charlenethestickler) | 614 comments I'm already behind and not sure I can commit, after all. :-(

message 6: by Jonetta (new)

Should I just hold the series for now? Do you know if Dlyn is still reading the series?

Adriana | 3 comments Maybe you'll like book 3 who knows?

message 8: by Anita (new) - added it

Anita (anitanodiva) | 2811 comments I don't know. They toned down the Agatha Raisin character a lot in the TV series. She comes of loveably self-centered and eccentric. In the first book she was just plain narcissistic and totally unlikable.

message 9: by Sharmon (last edited Sep 14, 2018 04:42PM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Sharmon (tpgirl) | 259 comments Jonetta wrote: "Should I just hold the series for now? Do you know if Dlyn is still reading the series?"

I am planning on continuing because the Audio's are short and a nice break in between the more serious non-fictions I have been listening to. I don't know if the rest of group is continuing.

message 10: by Jonetta (new)

I heard from Dlyn and she plans to check in and continue.