Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Death Drones (Kyle MacDonald #3)
This topic is about Death Drones
Book Issues > Adding books

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Christopher (new) - added it

Christopher Fox | 5 comments When I type this book into the ‘add books’ page, it doesn’t find the book and complete the information (is it supposed to?) I am also trying to add another book, The Santini Vendetta, but same thing.

message 2: by Abcdarian (new)

Abcdarian | 23504 comments The "add books" function is for adding books to Goodreads that are not already here, and no it doesn't fill in for you. Your books were here, but not on your author profile. So first step should be doing a search for the book, then requesting it be moved to your profile if you find it.

I moved both to your profile and merged the empty editions you were trying to add, so they will be deleted shortly.

message 3: by rivka, Former Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 45527 comments Mod
The Adding New Books folder is for books that don't yet exist on Goodreads. Moved to Book Issues.

message 4: by Christopher (last edited Aug 30, 2018 08:02PM) (new) - added it

Christopher Fox | 5 comments Abcdarian wrote: "The "add books" function is for adding books to Goodreads that are not already here, and no it doesn't fill in for you. Your books were here, but not on your author profile. So first step should be..."

Thank you...

Also, I have another book, Lost Loot of Lima, which shows an older version and not the latest one on Kindle. It also has an updated cover. How can I update this book, which now indicates book 2 in the series. I realize there are restrictions regarding changing covers.

message 5: by Abcdarian (new)

Abcdarian | 23504 comments There is a section of this group just for cover issues: https://www.goodreads.com/topic/group... If you post there, someone will add a new cover edition for you.

message 6: by Christopher (new) - added it

Christopher Fox | 5 comments Great, thanks.