Mystery/Thriller Reading Friends discussion

Monthly "Reads" > Randi's August Reads

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Randi (new)

Randi The Word Is Murder
I read Magpie Murders last year and really enjoyed it, so decided to try out this one. If you liked Magpie Murders, this one won't disappoint. It was fun and clever and a great read!

Circe
Not quite as good as Song of Achilles, but still a good read. Something different from the usual thrillers I read.

Midnight at the Bright Ideas Bookstore
Wasn't quite sure what to expect with this book, but I really enjoyed it!

Hangman
I didn't want this book to end! It was so very good! A little extreme and far-fetched, but good nonetheless.

Bluebird, Bluebird
This was a slower read for me, but it wasn't terrible.

Baby Teeth
I had waited for forever! for this book from the library, It was worth the wait! I really enjoyed it.

The Immortalists
Seems I always start a book right at the end of the month that I don't quite wrap up. This one is starting slow and I seem to be in a bit of a reading slump, but the summary sounds interesting so we'll see how it goes!

message 2: by OMalleycat (new)

OMalleycat | 1448 comments Thanks for your list, Randi. Midnight at the Bright Ideas Bookstore sounds intriguing.

message 3: by Melodie (new)

Melodie (melodieco) | 3651 comments Agree, with Jan. Midnight at the Bright Ideas Bookstore is going on my list! Good month!

message 4: by Ann (new)

Ann (annrumsey) | 15073 comments Randi: Good to know The Word is Murder was good too, I enjoyed Magpie Murders. I also thought Bluebird, Bluebird slow and liked Midnight at the Bright Ideas Bookstore! I almost have my turn for The Immortalists. Great minds think alike!

Randi wrote: "The Word Is Murder
I read Magpie Murders last year and really enjoyed it, so decided to try out this one. If you liked Magpie Murders, this one won't disappoint. It was fun and clev..."

message 5: by Carol/Bonadie (new)

Carol/Bonadie (bonadie) | 8302 comments Randi wrote: "The Word Is Murder
I read Magpie Murders last year and really enjoyed it, so decided to try out this one. If you liked Magpie Murders, this one won't disappoint. It was fun and clev..."

Thanks for pointing me in this direction, I am becoming a big fan of Anthony Horowitz. Will also look to see what Midnight at the Bright Ideas Bookstore is all about... intriguing title.