Beta Reader Group discussion

Authors Seeking FREE Betas > 90K words - Second-Chance Love - Contemporary Romance

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Esmeralda (new)

Esmeralda (esmeburr) | 1 comments Hi everyone!

Thank you for clicking on my post!

I am looking for betas to read my work-in-progress. It's a contemporary romance focusing on second-chance love. As of today, I have 90K words, and the title of the book is "Only Ever Mine" (though it is still tentative).

Mainly, I am looking for someone to read my story and let me know what works and what doesn't. I need another pair of eyes to let me know whether the route I am taking flows with the overall story, or if I should change it to the many other ideas I have in my head. I also want to know whether the effect I am trying to convey is there.

I still haven't worked on a blurb or even a synopsis, but below you will find the gist of the story.

It's been twelve years since I last saw his angelic face. Can you believe it? Over a decade has passed, and I can still picture him so perfectly whenever I close my eyes. His warm cerulean stare, his pouty lips, his silky mane. As much as I have tried, his memory won't fade, and the worst part about it is a neverending pain that has become as much a part of me as I am.

If you had told me that our story would have ended on a dreary Valentine's day, I would not have believed you. Imagine the love of your fucking life breaking up with you on the international holiday of Love through an email. Could anything be more heartbreaking? I received no explanation whatsoever, and after that day, it was as if he had never existed. Almost like I had made him up. So I ran after that hoping to erase every touch, kiss, and word between us.

So imagine my shock, two years after coming back home, when I spot him at a small cafe, nonchalantly laughing with his coworkers. The man of my fucking dreams and my terrible nightmares. The man for whom I would unknowingly give my life. The man who ruined me for any other man.

Hope to hear from you soon! :)

XO

message 2: by Melissa (new)

Melissa | 33 comments Esmeralda wrote: "Hi everyone!

Thank you for clicking on my post!

I am looking for betas to read my work-in-progress. It's a contemporary romance focusing on second-chance love. As of today, I have 90K words, and..."

Please PM me, Esmeralda.

Kind regards,

Melissa

message 3: by Zero (new)

Zero (jl_sanchez) | 77 comments Unless you have a tight deadline, I would be happy to help.