Play Book Tag discussion

August 2018: Espionage > American Assassin by Vince Flynn- 4 stars

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Barbara M (new)

Barbara M (barbara-m) | 2300 comments Mitch Rapp has been around for quite a while but I haven't read any of the series yet. Lucky in a way since I got to read Book 1 before all the others which were published before this book! This is a prequel for all others already into the series.

This introduces the reader to Mitch when he first began to train with the CIA group. He's quite the "superman," so capable of managing all the physical requirements of the job. He's almost too good. He meets Hurley who will train him or break him, Hurley wants to break him! As good as Mitch is, he has a lot to learn. He has a support from Irene Kennedy but that's about it. Mitch really wants this, an opportunity to avenge the death of the love of his life.

The book is loaded with action, good guys and bad guys who are very believable, not caricatures. I'd be willing to read some more of this series.

message 2: by Joanne (new)

Joanne (joabroda1) | 8429 comments One of my favorite series. I was so sad when Flynn passed away, I love his execution of this genre. He knew he was dying and he wanted Mitch Rapp to live on and so he hand picked Kyle Mills to carry on with the series. If you liked this one, you will enjoy the rest.

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

Good review and so glad you loved this book. It is my favorite of the entire series. Vince Flynn was such a good writer who always seemed to know what was going to happen before the book was even published. He certainly knew the Middle East very well.