Reading with Style discussion

RwS Fall 2018 > 10.2 Next?

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kate S (new)

Kate S | 6265 comments Start a new series or read the next book in a series you are reading. (Book must be labeled as part of a series on GoodReads and must be have at least 3 books).

Please post any questions/comments about task 10.2 in this thread.

message 2: by Heather (new)

Heather (sarielswish) | 722 comments I'm reading Please Do Not Taunt the Octopus by Mira Grant for 20.7. It's part of the Newsflesh series but it's a novella in the series and there are several others. Would these count?

Elizabeth (Alaska) | 12773 comments Heather wrote: "I'm reading Please Do Not Taunt the Octopus by Mira Grant for 20.7. It's part of the Newsflesh series but it's a novella in the series and there are several others...."

Yes.

message 4: by Rachel (last edited Sep 04, 2018 07:04PM) (new)

Rachel | 555 comments 1- Do all 3 books need to be published or can it one be set for publication? Ex. Thunderhead

2- Does the book need to be in a linear series or can just be marked as part of a series on Goodreads? Ex. The Big Sleep or Murder on the Orient Express

Thanks!

Elizabeth (Alaska) | 12773 comments Rachelccameron wrote: "1- Do all 3 books need to be published or can it one be set for publication? Ex. Thunderhead

2- Does the book need to be in a linear series or can just be part of a series on Goodr..."

All of those work for this task. The Agatha Christie is one of those that BPL has shelved as YA Assignment with a Lexile of 640, so task but no styles.

message 6: by Rachel (new)

Rachel | 555 comments Great thanks!

message 7: by Ed (new)

Ed Lehman | 2518 comments Do I need to take the "series you are reading." part literally...Can I read book 2 of a series that I had not read before?

Elizabeth (Alaska) | 12773 comments Ed wrote: "Do I need to take the "series you are reading." part literally...Can I read book 2 of a series that I had not read before?"

Yes.

message 9: by Ed (last edited Sep 25, 2018 07:28AM) (new)

Ed Lehman | 2518 comments Elizabeth (Alaska) wrote: "Ed wrote: "Do I need to take the "series you are reading." part literally...Can I read book 2 of a series that I had not read before?"

Yes."

I didn't word my question well. Yes...I need to take the task literally Or yes I can read book 2?

Elizabeth (Alaska) | 12773 comments Ed wrote: "I didn't word my question well. Yes...I need to take the task literally Or yes I can read book 2? "

LOL - I answered the part that gets a "yes". (You can read any book in a series, regardless of whether you've read earlier ones or not.)

message 11: by Ed (new)

Ed Lehman | 2518 comments Elizabeth (Alaska) wrote: "Ed wrote: "I didn't word my question well. Yes...I need to take the task literally Or yes I can read book 2? "

LOL - I answered the part that gets a "yes". (You can read any book in a series, rega..."

LOL...ok.

message 12: by Beth (new)

Beth Robinson (bethrobinson) | 1118 comments I read Frostbite and it is definitely part of a series but for some reason the third lists the series name but is not linked to the first two.Faceless. Just wanted to log this here before posting for points later.

Elizabeth (Alaska) | 12773 comments Beth wrote: "I read Frostbite and it is definitely part of a series but for some reason the third lists the series name but is not linked to the first two.Faceless. Just wanted t..."

Thanks for the heads up, Beth. I've added that to the series.