Palladian
This topic is about Palladian
Palladian > Palladian STARTING Thoughts/Discussion Questions

Comments Showing 1-26 of 26 (26 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Karen | 211 comments Mod
Thoughts/discussion questions on starting Palladian
Sept 2018

Elizabeth (Alaska) Looking forward to the next installment in our journey. Today!

Karen | 211 comments Mod
Elizabeth (Alaska) wrote: "Looking forward to the next installment in our journey. Today!"Hello Elizabeth , me too : ) x

Tania | 43 comments Me too :-). I picked it up yesterday, a few books to finish off first.

carissa My copy is waiting for me at the library. Will wait until September to start though...

Elizabeth (Alaska) I like to be ready to discuss when the month begins.

carissa Elizabeth (Alaska) wrote: "I like to be ready to discuss when the month begins."

I'm usually still catching up with other group reads until early the following month...so, don't read ahead. Too many books is a luxury.

message 8: by Canadian Reader (last edited Aug 30, 2018 03:08PM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Canadian Reader Questions I’d love other readers to weigh in on:
1. I’d be curious to know what people think about the gothic elements in the book. What was Taylor trying to do here?
2. What’s the significance of the title?
3. What does this book have in common with her first one? Can we begin to identify themes and preoccupations?
4. Does the book succeed?

Elizabeth (Alaska) carissa wrote: "Elizabeth (Alaska) wrote: "I like to be ready to discuss when the month begins."

I'm usually still catching up with other group reads until early the following month...so, don't read ahead. Too ma..."

I tend not to commit myself for more group reads than I can handle. That said, all of my reads are for a specific group challenge. I just try to make the group reads work, or else I skip them.

message 10: by Jerrie (new) - added it

Jerrie (jerriechiu) I hope I can join this one, but my library doesn't have a copy and it's not available on Kindle. Seems hard to source if your library doesn't have a copy.

Elizabeth (Alaska) Can you inter-library loan?

message 12: by Jerrie (new) - added it

Jerrie (jerriechiu) Elizabeth (Alaska) wrote: "Can you inter-library loan?"

Unfortunately, none in my library system at all, so no luck there either. I can order a copy on Amazon, but some of the prices there are crazy.

Elizabeth (Alaska) Ask at your library about inter-library loan; at my library I can get books from all over the United States and Canada for the princely sum of $2.

message 14: by Jerrie (new) - added it

Jerrie (jerriechiu) Elizabeth (Alaska) wrote: "Ask at your library about inter-library loan; at my library I can get books from all over the United States and Canada for the princely sum of $2."

OK - I'll ask my library about that. Thanks!

message 15: by Paul (new) - rated it 4 stars

Paul (booksdofurnisharoom) | 12 comments I read this earlier in the year so I'll join you in October for the next one!

Karen | 211 comments Mod
I'm half way through ,so will discuss when finishing.
The one thing i will say is how the book seems to flow better than 'At Mrs Lippincote's' , reading more like a novel than scenes.
Enjoying it so far

message 17: by Hugh (new)

Hugh (bodachliath) | 6 comments I have not yet decided whether to join this discussion - I have a lot of other reading commitments at the moment.

Elizabeth (Alaska) Join in when you can and for those books of interest, Hugh.

message 19: by Jerrie (new) - added it

Jerrie (jerriechiu) Finally got my copy today! Ready to start. I was worried I would have to skip this month.

message 20: by Leah (new) - rated it 4 stars

Leah (leahbergen) | 1 comments I just received my copy, too. I’ll be ready to start in a day or two!

Elizabeth (Alaska) Glad for you Jerrie and Leah. I'll look forward to hearing your thoughts.

Karen | 211 comments Mod
Jerrie (redwritinghood) wrote: "Finally got my copy today! Ready to start. I was worried I would have to skip this month."
Look forward to reading your thoughts Jerrie : )

Karen | 211 comments Mod
Leah wrote: "I just received my copy, too. I’ll be ready to start in a day or two!" Will look forward to reading your thoughts Leah : )

message 24: by Kim (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kim Kaso | 15 comments Still waiting for my copy, it’s coming from the U.K.

Karen | 211 comments Mod
Kim wrote: "Still waiting for my copy, it’s coming from the U.K." No worries Kim, join in anytime : )

Noël (the_book_rook) | 6 comments Still waiting for mine too!