Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Book Cover Help > Please remove book cover

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by June (new)

June Hur (jhur) | 10 comments Hello, I was recently added as a Goodreads author and noticed that my book was using the cover I'd just created for fun. The real book cover has not yet been created by my publisher, and so I would like to leave it blank.

Ten Thousand Rivers

Thank you!

message 2: by Philip (new)

Philip (burnnerman) | 5913 comments So, it looks like that cover was added earlier today by a GR employee. Also it looks like there are a number of people who have read it by the reviews.

So, I am guessing it was requested to add that cover, which makes me think that you distributed some copies to readers (Beta-copies/Advanced Reader Copies/etc...), if that is that case and any of them included that cover we cannot remove the cover.

message 3: by June (new)

June Hur (jhur) | 10 comments The copies were were cover-less word doc manuscripts (pre-publication) shared among beta readers. The book cover on the GR account (the one I'm requesting to be removed) is probably from my blog where I displayed it because my husband made it for me as a birthday present.

Would it still be possible to remove it?

message 4: by June (new)

June Hur (jhur) | 10 comments *note: the manuscript was shared with other writers pre-book deal. And I just got the deal last week or so. I therefore don't have any ARC/beta copies. Hope that clarifies things!

message 5: by June (new)

June Hur (jhur) | 10 comments Hi librarians, would still appreciate help with this issue. Thank you!

message 6: by Philip (new)

Philip (burnnerman) | 5913 comments Looks like somebody did take care of this, but just did not state it was done.