What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Book about a modern day teenage boy who wakes up in semi-prehistoric times. He becomes a leader in the clan and helps prevent an outbreak of disease by not trading with foreigners. He's attacked by an animal and wakes up in modern times again.

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lia (last edited Sep 07, 2018 01:59AM) (new)

Lia Fukada (addbounceyball) | 3 comments I read a book in intermediate School (around 1999-2000) that was about a boy (I think he was upper teens) who got in to trouble a lot. One day he wakes up and he's basically gone back in time to a time when "white men" were only just discovering the clans that lived in caves. I remember a really big concern was trading with the foreign men. The clan was afraid of getting the plague. The boy ends up becoming a sort-of leader for the clan/tribe. Things start to go bad, the main character gets attacked by a sabertooth tiger and blacks out. He the wakes up back in his original/modern time in the hospital. His mom is concerned about his injuries.

I know the book was on the older side when I read it.

message 2: by SBC (new)

SBC (essbeecee) | 989 comments Maybe Strange Objects by Gary Crew?

message 3: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 40675 comments Mod
Lia, please add some plot details to your header since thousands of members are also looking for time-travel fantasy.

message 4: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 40675 comments Mod
Lia is still looking for this and wrote:

"I read this book in intermediate School. (1999-2000 ish) I don't remember the title or author but I do remember it wasn't a brand new book when I read it. The main character was a boy who didn't really fit in anywhere in present day situation but grows up and matures when he wakes up in semi-prehistoric times. There was a lot of concern about diseases being spread from the "white man" so I don't know if he was part of a native American tribe or anything like that. I do remember that the main character was attacked by something like a saber tooth tiger and he blacks out. When he comes to he is back in modern times in the hospital with gashes on his abdomen from the tiger."

message 5: by SBC (new)

SBC (essbeecee) | 989 comments Could it be Rocco (also published as A Time of Darkness) by Sherryl Jordan?