Nothing But Reading Challenges discussion

NetGalley Challenge > NetGalley September 2018

Comments Showing 1-33 of 33 (33 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (new)

Moderators of NBRC | 31607 comments Mod
NetGalley

Feed Your Readers, the NetGalley Challenge

Duration: Monthly

How to Participate:

The NetGalley Challenge is designed to not only get you to read your NetGalley books, but to also advertise your reviews for others to see because after all, that's what NetGalley is all about.

Though you may pop in/out at any time, the NetGalley Challenge will run on a monthly basis so you are able to see progress being made.

1. At the beginning of the month, post any/all of the following:
a: How many books on your NetGalley shelf
b: What books are on your NG shelf
c: What your Netgalley feedback ratio is

2. During the month, read the NetGalley books that you can AND update your post with your reviews. (You can do this after each book or wait until the end of the month.)

3. At the end of the month, update your post and with:
a: What books you read
b: Link(s) to your review(s)**
c: Your updated shelf count
d: Your updated books to read
e: Your updated ratio

Then start a new post for the next month!

But Wait, There's More

Do you ever get so caught up in your reading that you don't want to stop to write your reviews?

Thinking about that, it was decided we need a "Review Weekend", once each month, set aside to write those reviews you've been not doing in favor of reading!

Review Weekends will vary randomly each month and is meant to be a time set aside to review. Take one, or both days and get caught up on reviews so you can spend the rest of the month reading!!

The next Review Weekend is set for September 14/15

**When linking your reviews, please link only to the book(s) here at GoodReads. At this time, linking to a personal blog is not allowed. Thank you!

message 2: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (new)

r

message 3: by Karen ⊰✿, Fiction Aficionado (last edited Sep 29, 2018 03:57PM) (new)

Karen ⊰✿ | 14770 comments Mod
I really got stuck into my shelf in August, but with exams coming up this month I'm not sure how well I will do in September :o

I'm in!

Start of Month:

Books on Shelf : 8

Books:
School for Psychics (School for Psychics, #1) by K.C. Archer Mad Blood Stirring by Simon Mayo Us Against You (Beartown, #2) by Fredrik Backman The Hawkman A Fairy Tale of the Great War by Jane Rosenberg LaForge
The Nowhere Child by Christian White Accelerated Leadership Development How to Turn Your Top Talent Into Leaders by Ines Wichert The Way of All Flesh by Ambrose Parry How to Create a Coaching Culture A Practical Introduction by Gillian Jones

Feedback ratio: 94%

FINISHED
Mad Blood Stirring by Simon Mayo review
The Nowhere Child by Christian White review

DID NOT REVIEW
School for Psychics (School for Psychics, #1) by K.C. Archer

ADDED
Magical Mystery Paws (The No. 2 Feline Detective Agency) by Mandy Morton Unlocking High Performance How to Use Performance Management to Engage and Empower Employees to Reach Their Full Potential by Jason Lauritsen

End of Month:
Books on shelf: 7
Feedback Ratio:94%

message 4: by Alison (last edited Oct 01, 2018 04:36AM) (new)

Alison (a1ison74) | 2639 comments I did not do well in August but will try again in September.

Beginning of Month

Feedback Ratio 76%
Books on Shelf: 62

Planning to Read
A Dark So Deadly by Stuart MacBride Did You See Melody? by Sophie Hannah The Idea of You by Amanda Prowse The Break by Marian Keyes The Immortalists by Chloe Benjamin The Queens of Innis Lear by Tessa Gratton Cross Her Heart by Sarah Pinborough Elefant by Martin Suter You Were Made for This by Michelle Sacks Grist Mill Road by Christopher J. Yates Mirage (Mirage, #1) by Somaiya Daud Macbeth (Hogarth Shakespeare) by Jo Nesbø Ace of Shades (The Shadow Game, #1) by Amanda Foody The Dead Fathers Club by Matt Haig Your Closest Friend by Karen Perry The Light Between Us by Katie Khan The Ice Maiden A Historical Adventure with a Paranormal Twist by Sara Sheridan It Ends With You by S. K. Wright A House of Ghosts by W.C. Ryan A Spark of Light by Jodi Picoult Light Years by Kass Morgan The Twisted Tree by Rachel Burge Broken Things by Lauren Oliver I Invited Her In by Adele Parks

Read & still to Review
The Belles (The Belles #1) by Dhonielle Clayton The Craftsman by Sharon J. Bolton Snap by Belinda Bauer Chaser (Dive Bar, #3) by Kylie Scott Grey Sister (Book of the Ancestor, #2) by Mark Lawrence The Kiss Quotient by Helen Hoang 世界から猫が消えたなら by Genki Kawamura The Way of All Flesh by Ambrose Parry A Curse So Dark and Lonely by Brigid Kemmerer Love and Other Words by Christina Lauren Jack of Hearts (and Other Parts) by Lev A.C. Rosen

Reviews Posted
Spinning Silver by Naomi Novik Dream a Little Dream (Dream a Little Dream, #1) by Giovanna Fletcher The Towering Sky (The Thousandth Floor, #3) by Katharine McGee Sea Witch by Sarah Henning The Hunting Party by Lucy Foley The Silence of the Girls by Pat Barker

Books Added:
Jack of Hearts (and Other Parts) by Lev A.C. Rosen Empress of All Seasons by Emiko Jean Love and Other Words by Christina Lauren Skyward by Brandon Sanderson The Christmas Sisters by Sarah Morgan Girls of Paper and Fire by Natasha Ngan What If It's Us by Becky Albertalli

Current
Feedback Ratio 76%
Books on Shelf 63

message 5: by Yzabel (last edited Sep 30, 2018 10:55AM) (new)

Yzabel Ginsberg (yzabelginsberg) | 161 comments Beginning of the month

Books on shelves: 19

Confessions of the Fox by Jordy Rosenberg Sadie by Courtney Summers Lakes of Mars by Merritt Graves Rust & Stardust by T. Greenwood Sleepyhead The Neuroscience of a Good Night's Rest by Henry Nicholls The Quantum Labyrinth How Richard Feynman and John Wheeler Revolutionized Time and Reality (The Theoretical Minimum) by Paul Halpern When the Uncertainty Principle Goes to 11 Or How to Explain Quantum Physics with Heavy Metal by Philip Moriarty LikeWar The Weaponization of Social Media by P W Singer The Science of Science Fiction The Influence of Film and Fiction on the Science and Culture of Our Times by Mark Brake The Quantum Magician (The Quantum Evolution Book 1) by Derek Künsken XX by Angela Chadwick Not That Bad Dispatches from Rape Culture by Roxane Gay The Monsters We Deserve by Marcus Sedgwick

Older than 3 months:

Unearthed (Unearthed, #1) by Amie Kaufman Carnivore by Jonathan Lyon Child of Nod (The Balance Series Book 1) by C.W. Snyder Fawkes by Nadine Brandes The Price Guide to the Occult by Leslye Walton Munmun by Jesse Andrews

Feedback Ratio: 95%

End of the Month

Books I read in September:

Reviews:

DNF: 0

Added: 3

Shelf count: 20

Feedback ratio: 96%

message 6: by Kirby (last edited Sep 26, 2018 08:17AM) (new)

Kirby (kirbym) | 232 comments Last month went pretty well! I've really enjoyed the books so far so I'm falling down this netgalley rabbit hole pretty hard now. Trying to up my game this month and catch up on all of the books that have been published already and put them behind me so that I can focus on trying to read stuff before it comes out. Also, probably won't add anything this month. A little nervous some of the things I really want to read I might get rejected for since my ratio isn't high.

Books on Netgalley shelf: 12
Feedback ratio: 25%

Books on Shelf:
Fruit of the Drunken Tree by Ingrid Rojas Contreras Fat Girl on a Plane by Kelly deVos The Book of Ralph by Christopher Steinsvold The Library Book by Susan Orlean Gene Machine The Race to Decipher the Secrets of the Ribosome by Venki Ramakrishnan Heavy An American Memoir by Kiese Laymon Resistance (Divided Elements, #1) by Mikhaeyla Kopievsky Foundryside (Founders, #1) by Robert Jackson Bennett Nobody Cares by Anne T. Donahue The Book of Onions Comics to Make You Cry Laughing and Cry Crying by Jake Thompson Here and Now and Then by Mike Chen Ohpikiihaakan-ohpihmeh (Raised somewhere else) A 60s Scoop Adoptee’s Story of Coming Home by Colleen Cardinal

Books Planned to Read:
Fruit of the Drunken Tree by Ingrid Rojas Contreras Fat Girl on a Plane by Kelly deVos The Book of Ralph by Christopher Steinsvold Resistance (Divided Elements, #1) by Mikhaeyla Kopievsky Foundryside (Founders, #1) by Robert Jackson Bennett Ohpikiihaakan-ohpihmeh (Raised somewhere else) A 60s Scoop Adoptee’s Story of Coming Home by Colleen Cardinal

Books Added in September:
Sacred Cesium Ground and Isa's Deluge Two Novellas of Japan's 3/11 Disaster by Yusuke Kimura Puerto Montt by Graeme Krupinski The King of Con How a Smooth-Talking Jersey Boy Made and Lost Billions, Baffled the FBI, Eluded the Mob, and Lived to Tell the Crooked Tale by Thomas Giacomaro Not For Public Consumption by Frank P. Lipton Miracle Creek by Angie Kim The Aladdin Trial A Burton and Lamb Thriller by Abi Silver The Bird King by G. Willow Wilson Virtue Signaling and Other Heresies by John Scalzi The Psychology of Time Travel by Kate Mascarenhas Les Apprentissages de Colette by Annie Goetzinger Quick and Healthy Keto Zone Cookbook The Holistic Lifestyle for Losing Weight, Increasing Energy, and Feeling Great by Don Colbert How to Fracture a Fairy Tale by Jane Yolen SETO UTSUMI #1 by Kadzuya Konomoto

Read and Reviewed:
Fruit of the Drunken Tree by Ingrid Rojas Contreras
Review

Heavy An American Memoir by Kiese Laymon
Review

The Book of Onions Comics to Make You Cry Laughing and Cry Crying by Jake Thompson
Review

Fat Girl on a Plane by Kelly deVos
Review

The Book of Ralph by Christopher Steinsvold
Review

Quick and Healthy Keto Zone Cookbook The Holistic Lifestyle for Losing Weight, Increasing Energy, and Feeling Great by Don Colbert
Feedback provided - no review on GR

SO MUCH FOR NOT ADDING ANY BOOKS IN SEPTEMBER /s

message 7: by Melanie (last edited Sep 30, 2018 02:18PM) (new)

Melanie (mvalente89) | 765 comments I'm in again. I'm hoping to get to more of my already published books this month as I only have 3 September releases to read.

Start of month:
Books on shelf: 28
Feedback Ratio: 83%

Books (ordered by pub date):
Missing, Presumed (DS Manon, #1) by Susie Steiner The Radium Girls The Dark Story of America's Shining Women by Kate Moore The Drowned Girls (Angie Pallorino, #1) by Loreth Anne White The Dreadful Tale of Prosper Redding (The Dreadful Tale of Prosper Redding #1) by Alexandra Bracken Invictus by Ryan Graudin The Birthday Girl by Sue Fortin Just Between Us by Rebecca Drake Furyborn (Empirium, #1) by Claire Legrand The One You Can't Forget (The Ones Who Got Away, #2) by Roni Loren Cowboy SEAL Redemption (Navy SEAL Cowboys, #2) by Nicole Helm
Relentless (Somerton Security #2) by Elizabeth Dyer Untamed Cowboy (Gold Valley, #2) by Maisey Yates Tempting the Laird (Highland Grooms, #5) by Julia London Kiss of the Spindle (Steampunk Proper Romance #2) by Nancy Campbell Allen An Affair with a Spare (The Survivors, #3) by Shana Galen The Warrior of Clan Kincaid (Highland Warrior, #3) by Lily Blackwood Deep Cover (Love Over Duty, #3) by Scarlett Cole Highland Devil (Murray Family, #22) by Hannah Howell Read and Gone (The Haunted Library Mysteries, #2) by Allison Brook What I've Done (Morgan Dane #4) by Melinda Leigh
A Tall, Dark Cowboy Christmas (Gold Valley, #4) by Maisey Yates Up in Flames (Flirting with Fire, #2) by Jennifer Blackwood Cut and Run by Mary Burton Vendetta by Iris Johansen First Earl I See Tonight (Debutante Diaries, #1) by Anna Bennett Past Tense (Jack Reacher, #23) by Lee Child In Peppermint Peril (A Book Tea Shop Mystery, #1) by Joy Avon An Anonymous Girl by Greer Hendricks

Added:
Wild on My Mind (Where the Wild Hearts Are #1) by Laurel Kerr The Good, the Bad, and the Duke (The Cavensham Heiresses #4) by Janna MacGregor Deranged (Jessie Cole, #3) by T.R. Ragan Murder by the Book (Beyond the Page Bookstore Mystery, #1) by Lauren Elliott The Novel Art of Murder (Mystery Bookshop, #3) by V.M. Burns The Whispered Word by Ellery Adams Kiss Me at Christmas (Playful Brides, #10) by Valerie Bowman The Duke I Once Knew (Unlikely Duchesses, #1) by Olivia Drake Close to the Bone (Widow's Island, #1) by Kendra Elliot A Bone to Pick (Widow's Island, #2) by Melinda Leigh

Finished:
What I've Done (Morgan Dane #4) by Melinda Leigh My Review Read and Gone (The Haunted Library Mysteries, #2) by Allison Brook My Review Untamed Cowboy (Gold Valley, #2) by Maisey Yates My Review Wild on My Mind (Where the Wild Hearts Are #1) by Laurel Kerr My Review
Deep Cover (Love Over Duty, #3) by Scarlett Cole My Review

End of Month:
Books on shelf: 33
Feedback Ratio: 82%

message 8: by Kristie (last edited Sep 21, 2018 07:35PM) (new)

Kristie | 3343 comments Beginning of Month:

Books on Shelf: 15
Older than 30 days:
Fierce Kingdom by Gin Phillips If The Creek Don't Rise by Leah Weiss The Space Between Words by Michèle Phoenix Us Against You (Beartown, #2) by Fredrik Backman Deadly Secrets (Detective Erika Foster, #6) by Robert Bryndza The Memory Box by Eva Lesko Natiello Sold on a Monday by Kristina McMorris
Current:
Lies by T.M. Logan The Forbidden Door (Jane Hawk, #4) by Dean Koontz My Real Name Is Hanna by Tara Lynn Masih Pretty Ugly Lies by Pamela Crane The Coordinates of Loss by Amanda Prowse The Five Wishes of Mr. Murray McBride by Joe Siple Sitting Murder (Lancashire Detective, #4) by A.J. Wright Who She Is by Diane Byington

Netgalley Ratio: 89%

End of Month:

Read: 1
The Forbidden Door (Jane Hawk, #4) by Dean Koontz

Reviews: 1
The Forbidden Door review

Added:
After the Fire by Will Hill

Books on Shelf: 15
Ratio: 89%

message 9: by Aymee (last edited Sep 06, 2018 02:14PM) (new)

Aymee (asphaltcowgrrl) | 60 comments I'm in again!

I'm in! Maybe this will help keep me on track.

Start of month:
Books on shelf: 5
Feedback ratio: 79%

Books:

Like Never and Always by Ann Aguirre Kiss Her Goodbye by susan gee An Anonymous Girl by Greer Hendricks

Added:

Finished:

Build-a-Bowl 77 Satisfying Nutritious Combos Whole Grain + Vegetable + Protein + Sauce = Meal by Nicki Sizemore
Saddle Up by A M Arthur

End of Month:
Books on shelf:
Feedback ratio:

message 10: by Kylie (last edited Sep 29, 2018 11:10PM) (new)

Kylie D | 51 comments I did ok I suppose last month, read 7, added 6 lol

September
Books On Shelf:
Feedback Ratio: 65%

Books:
Hidden Among the Stars by Melanie Dobson Jessica's Promise by Jill Childs The Murder at Redmire Hall (Yorkshire Murder Mysteries, #3) by J.R. Ellis Table For Eight by Tricia Stringer In Her Shadow by Mark Edwards Bridge of Clay by Markus Zusak House of Ashes by Loretta Marion

End Of Month
Added:

Matryoshka by Katherine Johnson Snowhook by Jo Storm The Proposal by S.E. Lynes The Impossible Girl by Lydia Kang The Wife's Secret by Kerry Wilkinson Gina From Siberia by Jane Bernstein Tell Nobody by Patricia Gibney

Read:
Hidden Among the Stars by Melanie Dobson Jessica's Promise by Jill Childs The Murder at Redmire Hall (Yorkshire Murder Mysteries, #3) by J.R. Ellis Table For Eight by Tricia Stringer The Impossible Girl by Lydia Kang The Proposal by S.E. Lynes Matryoshka by Katherine Johnson Snowhook by Jo Storm Gina From Siberia by Jane Bernstein Tell Nobody by Patricia Gibney In Her Shadow by Mark Edwards

Books On Shelf: 3
Feedback Ratio: 89%

message 11: by Kristie (new)

Kristie | 3343 comments Updated my post #8 with my beginning of month info now that I've finished my books for August. I'm starting off with 15 on my shelf and hoping to get through 4 books again this month. Fingers crossed I can do it (maybe even without adding any!).

message 12: by Vicki Willis (last edited Sep 29, 2018 11:47AM) (new)

Vicki Willis | 404 comments September

Beginning of Month
Books on Shelf: 7
Feedback Ratio: 74%

Books:
When the Lights Go Out by Mary Kubica Tell Me A Secret by Samantha Hayes Three Secrets by Clare Boyd A Steep Price (Tracy Crosswhite, #6) by Robert Dugoni If He Wakes by Zoe Lea Mister Tender's Girl by Carter Wilson Girl in Snow by Danya Kukafka

Read:

Added:

End of month
Books on Shelf: 7
Feedback Ratio: 74%

message 13: by Audrey (new)

Audrey (audjvoss12) | 2 comments I have six books on my shelf for September and I have reviewed 6/7 books so far. I am currently reading 1. You’ve Got This, Mama 2. Make Yourself Cozy 3. Death Chase 4. The Nectar of Pain 5. Iphelia 6. This Extraordinary Moment

message 14: by Amy Leigh (last edited Aug 31, 2018 08:35PM) (new)

Amy Leigh (xxamyleighxx) | 13 comments Start of Month:
Books on Shelf : 60
Feedback ratio: 62 %

Books:
Ruthless Magic (Conspiracy of Magic, #1) by Megan Crewe The Skaar Invasion (The Fall of Shannara, #2) by Terry Brooks Smoke and Iron (The Great Library, #4) by Rachel Caine Blizzard (The Black Ice Trilogy, #2) by Mikayla Elliot The Namarielle by Julien E Jamar Alpha (The Infinity Division, #3) by Jus Accardo All The Promises We Break by Brenda Benny The Pharaoh's Daughter (Treasures of the Nile, #1) by Mesu Andrews Jane of Austin A Novel of Sweet Tea and Sensibility by Hillary Manton Lodge The Impossibility of Us by Katy Upperman The Story Peddler (The Weaver Trilogy #1) by Lindsay A. Franklin Sword of Power (The Black Musketeers #2) by Oliver Pötzsch Never Enough Time by R.T.W. Lipkin Outrun the Wind by Elizabeth Tammi The Seclusion by Jacqui Castle Fire and Heist by Sarah Beth Durst Eye of the Ninja by D. M. Marlowe The God Gene Chronicles The Secret of the Gods Volume 1 by Projesh Banerjea The Isle of Gold by Seven Jane The Edge of Over There by Shawn Smucker A Girl of White Winter (Dark Glass #3) by Barb Hendee That Secret You Keep by Brenda Benny A Study In Shifters (The Adventures of Marisol Holmes, #1) by Majanka Verstraete The Red Ribbon by Lucy Adlington Boundary (The Other Horizons Trilogy, #1) by Mary Victoria Johnson Barrier (The Other Horizons Trilogy, #2) by Mary Victoria Johnson Blind the Eyes (Threads of Dreams #1) by K.A. Wiggins Playing Her Secret Crush by Casey Griffin Rose in Bloom by Louisa May Alcott The Race to Save the Romanovs The Truth Behind the Secret Plans to Rescue the Russian Imperial Family by Helen Rappaport Kiss Me in Paris by Catherine Rider Running Out of Air by K.T. Swift Seventh Born by Monica Sanz What They Don't Know by Nicole Maggi Perfect Harmony by Emily Albright Medallion of Murder (Nefertari Hughes Mystery, #3) by B.R. Myers Like Never and Always by Ann Aguirre My Almost Flawless Tokyo Dream Life by Rachel Cohn Wildcard (Warcross #2) by Marie Lu Heart Land by Kimberly Stuart How to Fracture a Fairy Tale by Jane Yolen Till It Stops Beating by Hannah R. Goodman Fresh Ink An Anthology by Lamar Giles Twice Dead (The Necromancer's Song, #1) by Caitlin Seal The Dark Beneath the Ice by Amelinda Bérubé The Lantern's Ember by Colleen Houck The Geography of Lost Things by Jessica Brody Thief of Cahraman (Fairytales of Folkshore #1) by Lucy Tempest Changed by T.S. Murphy Trapped in Room 217 by Thomas Kingsley Troupe Love and Other Secrets by Christina Mandelski Irish On The Rocks (Murphy Brothers #2) by Magan Vernon Mirror Gate by Jeff Wheeler I Do Not Trust You by Laura J. Burns All The Things We Lost (River Valley Lost & Found, #1) by Kayla Tirrell School Lies by Kimberly G. Giarratano You'd Be Mine by Erin Hahn The Woman in the Lake by Nicola Cornick The Eternal by Bianca Hunter The Skylark's Song by J M Frey

FINISHED

ADDED

End of Month:
Books on shelf:
Feedback Ratio:%

message 15: by Li'l Owl (last edited Oct 01, 2018 08:41PM) (new)

Li'l Owl | 191 comments NetGalley 🍁Beginning of September
Feedback Ratio 45%
Books on Shelf - 8

Date of Publication ~ August 2018
The Body in the Dales (Yorkshire Murder Mysteries, #1) by J.R. Ellis The Quartet Murders (Yorkshire Murder Mysteries, #2) by J.R. Ellis

Date of Publication ~ September 2018
The Murder at Redmire Hall (Yorkshire Murder Mysteries, #3) by J.R. Ellis Malice by Jennifer Jaynes Burning Ridge (Timber Creek K-9 Mystery #4) by Margaret Mizushima

Date of Publication ~ October 2018
No Place for Wolverines A Jenny Willson Mystery by Dave Butler

Date of Publication ~ August 2018
Her Last Move by John Marrs

Date of Publication ~ January 2019
An Anonymous Girl by Greer Hendricks

Books Finished:
The Body in the Dales (Yorkshire Murder Mysteries, #1) by J.R. Ellis The Quartet Murders (Yorkshire Murder Mysteries, #2) by J.R. Ellis Burning Ridge (Timber Creek K-9 Mystery #4) by Margaret Mizushima The Murder at Redmire Hall (Yorkshire Murder Mysteries, #3) by J.R. Ellis Malice by Jennifer Jaynes

Books Added:
A Spark of Light by Jodi Picoult And Then You Were Gone by R.J. Jacobs She Lies in Wait (DCI Jonah Sheens, #1) by Gytha Lodge Little Darlings by Melanie Golding

🍁 End of September Update:
Feedback Ratio — 67%
Books on Shelf — 5

message 16: by Michelle (new)

Michelle | 465 comments How many books on your NetGalley shelf: 12
What your Netgalley feedback ratio is: 73%

What books are on your NG shelf:
Bookishly Ever After (Ever After, #1) by Isabel Bandeira Unicorn Tracks by Julia Ember Another Postcard (Stone Butterfly Rockstars Book 1) by Elle Christensen Falsies (The Makeup Series, #1) by Olive East The Business of Writing Practical Insights for Independent, Hybrid, and Traditionally Published Authors by Kim Iverson Headlee Paramnesia The Deadish Chronicles by Brian Wilkinson Furyborn (Empirium, #1) by Claire Legrand Save the Date by Morgan Matson Monstress, Vol. 1 Awakening (Monstress, #1) by Marjorie M. Liu The House of One Thousand Eyes by Michelle Barker #FashionVictim by Amina Akhtar

New

Read

Reviewed

End of the month(view spoiler)

message 17: by Michelle (last edited Oct 02, 2018 10:33AM) (new)

Michelle (vorvesm) | 46 comments Start of Month:

September Books on Shelf : 16
Feedback ratio to start: 80%

Books:
Current titles:
My Squirrel Days by Ellie Kemper

Older than 3 months:
The Cheerleaders by Kara Thomas Smothered by Autumn Chiklis Trophy Son by Douglas Brunt Rich People Problems (Crazy Rich Asians, #3) by Kevin Kwan Perfect (Flawed, #2) by Cecelia Ahern The Best of Adam Sharp by Graeme Simsion Last Seen Leaving by Caleb Roehrig Absalom's Daughters by Suzanne Feldman Watching Edie by Camilla Way When I Am Through with You by Stephanie Kuehn Promise Not to Tell (Cutler, Sutter & Salinas #2) by Jayne Ann Krentz Beasts of Extraordinary Circumstance by Ruth Emmie Lang S.T.A.G.S. by M.A. Bennett The Favorite Sister by Jessica Knoll People Like Us by Dana Mele Bring Me Back by B.A. Paris

ADDED IN SEPTEMBER
The Suspect by Fiona Barton

FINISHED
Bring Me Back by B.A. Paris

End of Month:
Books on shelf: 16
Feedback Ratio: 81%

message 18: by Diane (last edited Oct 04, 2018 06:19AM) (new)

Diane Shea (diane_shea) | 1 comments Start of Month:

September Books on Shelf : 11
Feedback ratio to start: 18%

Books:
Current titles:
Confessions of a Teenage Leper
Unstoppable Moses
After the Fire
The Revolution of Jack Frost
Pink Hair and Other Terrible Ideas
The Goodbye Girls
The Commandment

ADDED IN SEPTEMBER

FINISHED
My Real Name Is Hanna - link to review

ARCHIVED
The Seclusion
The Red Ribbon
School Lies

End of Month:
Feedback Ratio: 24%

message 19: by Kelly (last edited Sep 29, 2018 11:55AM) (new)

Kelly | 56 comments This is my first time doing this so here we go...

Start of Month:
Feedback ratio: n/a

Books added to read:
The Red Ribbon by Lucy AdlingtonHidden (Deep Ops, #1) by Rebecca ZanettiThe Confectioner's Guild (The Confectioner Chronicles Book 1) by Claire LuanaThe Queen's Wing by Jessica ThorneOutrun the Wind by Elizabeth TammiWhat You Hide by Natalie D. RichardsNightchaser (Endeavor, #1) by Amanda BouchetAn Anonymous Girl by Greer HendricksYou'd Be Mine by Erin HahnThe Bird King by G. Willow WilsonEmpire of Sand by Tasha SuriOnce Upon a River by Diane SetterfieldThe Lies We Told by Camilla WayFight or Flight by Samantha YoungThe Gilded Wolves (The Gilded Wolves, #1) by Roshani Chokshi

Read and Reviewed
The Space within the Silence by Bre WoodsShelter The Beginning by Allyson YoungPerfect Harmony by Emily AlbrightWings of Ice (Protected by Dragons, #1) by G. Bailey806 by Cynthia WeilShelter The Reckoning by Peri Elizabeth ScottShelter the return by Allyson YoungThief of Cahraman (Fairytales of Folkshore #1) by Lucy TempestStar-Crossed by Pintip DunnThe Harbinger A Reverse Harem Fantasy by Candace WondrakThe Witch of Willow Hall by Hester FoxThe Leading Edge of Now by Marci Lyn Curtis

DNF
Mayfly by Jeff Sweat

End of Month:
Books on shelf: 15
Feedback Ratio: 48%

message 20: by Kristie (new)

Kristie | 3343 comments I haven't finished any yet this month, but I just added After the Fire by Will Hill .

message 21: by Kristie (new)

Kristie | 3343 comments Finished one! I read The Forbidden Door (Jane Hawk, #4) by Dean Koontz . I think it's the best in the series so far.

NetGalley Review

The Forbidden Door review

message 22: by Karen ⊰✿, Fiction Aficionado (new)

well done Kristie!

I still haven't finished one, but I only have about 30 minutes of one left so I will at least knock off one this month!

message 23: by Kristie (new)

Kristie | 3343 comments I’m hoping to finish one more. I’m less than 20% in though.

message 24: by Karen ⊰✿, Fiction Aficionado (new)

Finished one! Great HF. 4 stars
Mad Blood Stirring by Simon Mayo review

message 25: by Karen ⊰✿, Fiction Aficionado (new)

I added one. Don't laugh ;)
I couldn't help myself.
Cats. Magic. Mystery
xD
Magical Mystery Paws (The No. 2 Feline Detective Agency) by Mandy Morton

and everytime I see the cover I get the Beatles running through my head

message 26: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (new)

October thread is now open
https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

message 27: by Vicki Willis (new)

Vicki Willis | 404 comments Well, I didn't read any NetGalley books this month.
BUT! I didn't add any either.
On to next month...

message 28: by Karen ⊰✿, Fiction Aficionado (new)

I actually managed to squeeze another in for September. And I’ve discovered that one of my old ones isn’t on my kindle (I’m so good at downloading them so I’m a bit confused by that!) so I’m just going to mark it as not reviewed - it isn’t available at my library and I’m not so super keen that I’ll pay for it 😂 -
Will be back later to update

message 29: by Melanie (new)

Melanie (mvalente89) | 765 comments Karen ⊰✿ wrote: "...And I’ve discovered that one of my old ones isn’t on my kindle (I’m so good at downloading them so I’m a bit confused by that!)..."

Have you checked your Kindle cloud? You can resend from there even if the book is archived on NG.

message 30: by Karen ⊰✿, Fiction Aficionado (new)

Melanie wrote: "Karen ⊰✿ wrote: "...And I’ve discovered that one of my old ones isn’t on my kindle (I’m so good at downloading them so I’m a bit confused by that!)..."

Have you checked your Kindle cloud? You can ..."

Good idea. Just had a look and it's not there. I really don't know what happened, but obviously I only thought I downloaded it. Oh well.

message 31: by Karen ⊰✿, Fiction Aficionado (new)

The Nowhere Child by Christian White
Highly recommended if you like fast paced suspense
review

message 32: by Kristie (last edited Sep 29, 2018 07:46PM) (new)

Kristie | 3343 comments I've never had a downloaded book disappear. That's why I download immediately. I'm afraid they'll archive before I remember later. I've only heard of that happening once before where someone had a book disappear off their Kindle.

I've wanted to get The Nowhere Child, but missed it on NetGalley. It doesn't release here until January 22nd and the Kindle preorder is $13.99, which is pricey for here. I'm hoping they'll put it back on NetGalley before the US release.

Great review.

message 33: by Karen ⊰✿, Fiction Aficionado (new)

Same here Kristie - that’s why it is so odd. As soon as I get he notification I’m in there clicking that download button! Maybe I got distracted that day and thought I clicked it and didn’t? Oh well. The other reviews aren’t great so I don’t feel like I’m missing out.

That’s a shame about The Nowhere Child. But you’re right, they may put it back on Netgalley prior to the US release. It’s a good quick suspense read