What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children (Miss Peregrine's Peculiar Children, #1)
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. Magical/Strange Kids in a hidden world in Ireland [s]

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jae (new)

Jae Bennett | 9 comments I can't seem to remember much about this book/series, but I do remember that their headmistress can turn into a crow/raven/type of bird and there are others like her (or used to be). All of the kids have magical or strange abilities, such as the girl who needs to be tied down or she'll float away, or the kid who is invisible, or the one who can grow plants at will.

The main character stumbles upon this world... In Ireland or Scotland, on an island. His dad was looking for a rare type of bird I think.

I can't remember much else except, at the end of the book, some kind of war was going on. A few of the kids died, including some they met along the way.

message 3: by Jae (new)

Jae Bennett | 9 comments Miri wrote: "Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children"

Thank you so much. I was looking to read it again and there's a movie now?! Wow, feels like its been forever. My memory hasn't been the best in a long time so this group helps me find old books I wanna read again :)