SOS: Serious Overload of Series discussion

General Discussion > Walmart Started Selling eBooks

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Steph, Serious series addict (last edited Aug 29, 2018 03:42PM) (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 29463 comments Walmart's now selling eBooks and audiobooks. You can check out their service and selection here: Walmart eBooks & Digital Audio

I downloaded the iOS app to check it out and it's Kobo. So, any books you bought at Borders or elsewhere will be shown there and can be read in their app.

Some articles about the new services:
TechCrunch:
Walmart and Kobo launch Walmart eBooks, an online e-book and audiobook store

The Verge: Walmart’s latest move to compete with Amazon is a Kobo ebook and audiobook store

Valerie ~ Val Hall ~ | 8783 comments Interesting.

message 3: by Marisa (new)

Marisa (moretta) | 911 comments Yes, they are selling the Kobo ereaders too. Now, if you go to the Kobo website, you can go to Kobo or Walmart.

message 4: by Nerdy Werewolf (new)

Nerdy Werewolf (nerdywerewolf) | 217 comments Huh...well, then.

message 5: by Steph, Serious series addict (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 29463 comments I bought a few Kobo books initially when I had the app on my iPad, then grabbed a bunch of their freebies. But, I eventually deleted the app and began using my Kindle exclusively. Still, it's another option for those using Kobo or looking to use something other than Kindle.

message 6: by Janette (last edited Sep 20, 2018 06:35AM) (new)

Janette Yates | 14 comments I know for me when I bought my first e-book reader I did Not want the Kindle, the propriety aspect of buying books only from Amazon. I wanted to get book anywhere. Bought a Sony and loved it, only problem was it is heavy. My arthritis hands had problems holding it, then I lost it for a year. Plus they no longer sell books or e-readers.
I still have it and have books on it I have yet to read, but can no longer buy books for it. As a prime member I final caved in and on my birthday I used saved points on my charge card to get a paperwhite for free.
Right now I'm reading free books and trying to learn how to use it, lol.