What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Young adult, fantasy, boy jumps into a different world/dimension and lands in a training area/school (?) think there is a giant wall of mist and a quest of 3 magical eggs or artifacts or something. Spoilers ahead.

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Coral (new)

Coral Andersson Basically the boy/teenager is told to leave by the people in charge of the training area/school and he has to go on a quest with a girl to find either a magical artefact or it's more of a sciency artefact (keep thinking they're eggs for some reason). Pretty sure they have to leave through a giant mist wall or some weird barrier that allows you to go out but you cannot return to the other side. Three children are sent out to find the artefacts, they have to go along different routes, and I think that the two other kids die. The boy and girl travel to a city and they're captured and the boy wakes up back in the real world, so it's a series. PLEASE HELP

message 2: by Coral (new)

Coral Andersson Also think it was released sometime between 2014-2017, either read it in 2016 or 2017

message 3: by Kris (new)

Kris | 36622 comments Mod
Coral, where is the boy's hometown - in modern times, country/region/big city/small town?

How does he travel/transport to this fantasy world? Where is he and what's he doing when this happens?

What are the children/teens? learning to do in this training school/area?

What are the fantasy elements - e.g., people with special powers, fantastical creatures, etc.? What does the fantasy world look like?

message 4: by Coral (new)

Coral Andersson I think he lived in modern day England. He either jumped/fell through an invisible wall or something on the side of the street and found his way into the fantasy world. I think he might have been running away from bullies or something in the real world.

Pretty sure the teens are just training to transport the egg/artefact to where it needs to be, the world outside of their wall of mist thing is dangerous, I think.

I think 3 artefacts need to be transported to different areas within the world in order to maintain the mystic wall.

Don't remember what the world looked like, there's possibly a mention of a giant creature in a lake.

message 5: by Coral (new)

Coral Andersson Also, the book ends with the two main characters finding out something of importance (can't remember what) and either the girl forgets who he is or she's being tortured and he is pulled back into the real world

message 6: by Ember (new)

Ember | 36 comments This is a longshot, and the details don't all line up but it reminds me of the Beyonders series by Brandon Mull.

message 7: by Kris (new)

Kris | 36622 comments Mod
Coral, are you still looking for this book or did you find it?

message 8: by Coral (new)

Coral Andersson Still looking unfortunately

message 9: by Coral (new)

Coral Andersson Thank you Ember, unfortunately that's not it