YA Buddy Readers' Corner ♥ discussion

Spinning Silver
This topic is about Spinning Silver
BUDDY READ:Paranormal/Fantasy > Spinning Silver by Naomi Novik - Restarting June 16th 2020

Comments Showing 1-24 of 24 (24 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ari ☾ (new) - added it

Ari ☾ (aricakes) | 628 comments Miryem is the daughter and granddaughter of moneylenders... but her father isn't a very good one. Free to lend and reluctant to collect, he has loaned out most of his wife's dowry and left the family on the edge of poverty--until Miryem steps in. Hardening her heart against her fellow villagers' pleas, she sets out to collect what is owed--and finds herself more than up to the task. When her grandfather loans her a pouch of silver pennies, she brings it back full of gold.

But having the reputation of being able to change silver to gold can be more trouble than it's worth--especially when her fate becomes tangled with the cold creatures that haunt the wood, and whose king has learned of her reputation and wants to exploit it for reasons Miryem cannot understand.

message 2: by Jen (new) - rated it 3 stars

Jen Appell (jenappell) | 3 comments I've been stuck about 100 pages into my ARC of Spinning Silver since Book Expo. I'd love to buddy read this and finally finish it.

Ashley (itsmedaisy) | 1426 comments Chap 6
I am loving this so far! I'm reading on audio and the narrator is absolutely perfect for the story and the characters
(view spoiler)

Ashley (itsmedaisy) | 1426 comments Chap 10
(view spoiler)

Ashley (itsmedaisy) | 1426 comments Chap 15
(view spoiler)

Ashley (itsmedaisy) | 1426 comments end
(view spoiler)

message 7: by Ari ☾ (new) - added it

Ari ☾ (aricakes) | 628 comments Going to be starting this in a couple days! Sorry for being so late! 😅

message 8: by Abbie (new)

Abbie | 27856 comments ******************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Reading from the 20th of March 2019

******************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Blue (bluebutterfly8) | 1164 comments ************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★

Date changed. Restarting June 16th 2020. Happy Reading ☺

★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★
************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

message 10: by Blue (new) - rated it 2 stars

Blue (bluebutterfly8) | 1164 comments Chapter 5
(view spoiler)

message 11: by Blue (new) - rated it 2 stars

Blue (bluebutterfly8) | 1164 comments Chapter 12
(view spoiler)

message 12: by Blue (new) - rated it 2 stars

Blue (bluebutterfly8) | 1164 comments Chapter 13
(view spoiler)

Brinley | 3412 comments Shreya wrote: "Chapter 5
[spoilers removed]"

(view spoiler)

message 14: by Blue (new) - rated it 2 stars

Blue (bluebutterfly8) | 1164 comments Chapter 19
(view spoiler)

message 15: by Blue (new) - rated it 2 stars

Blue (bluebutterfly8) | 1164 comments Brinley wrote: "Shreya wrote: "Chapter 5
[spoilers removed]"

I was wondering the same thing about the Staryk. I had that feeling, but now knowing that he rides a deer with fangs, I'm not so sure. I get the feeli..."

(view spoiler)

Brinley | 3412 comments Shreya wrote: "Chapter 12
[spoilers removed]"

(view spoiler)

message 17: by Blue (new) - rated it 2 stars

Blue (bluebutterfly8) | 1164 comments Finished
(view spoiler)

message 18: by Blue (new) - rated it 2 stars

Blue (bluebutterfly8) | 1164 comments Brinley wrote: "Shreya wrote: "Chapter 12
[spoilers removed]"

[spoilers removed]"

(view spoiler)

Brinley | 3412 comments 48%

(view spoiler)

message 20: by Blue (new) - rated it 2 stars

Blue (bluebutterfly8) | 1164 comments Brinley wrote: "48%

This is disappointing, because I really liked the first half of it. Once the Staryk got introduced, stuff started going downhill for me. I'm not too big of a fan of this kill the Staryk lord ..."

(view spoiler)

Brinley | 3412 comments Shreya wrote: "Brinley wrote: "48%

This is disappointing, because I really liked the first half of it. Once the Staryk got introduced, stuff started going downhill for me. I'm not too big of a fan of this kill ..."

(view spoiler)

message 22: by Blue (new) - rated it 2 stars

Blue (bluebutterfly8) | 1164 comments Brinley wrote: "Shreya wrote: "Brinley wrote: "48%

This is disappointing, because I really liked the first half of it. Once the Staryk got introduced, stuff started going downhill for me. I'm not too big of a fa..."

(view spoiler)

Brinley | 3412 comments Finished
(view spoiler)

message 24: by Blue (new) - rated it 2 stars

Blue (bluebutterfly8) | 1164 comments Brinley wrote: "Finished
[spoilers removed]"

(view spoiler)