What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Suggest books for me > Beauty and the Beast retelling

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Brittany (new)

Brittany | 323 comments I’m kind of obsessed with the whole beauty and the beast trope ever since I was a little girl and watched the Disney movie...though I still find the beast more attractive than the prince he turns into.
Anyway, I noticed some fairytale retelling threads on here, but I’m only interested in the beauty and the beast theme. I like all genres so paranormal, fantasy, historical, whatever. Books I’ve read that I liked with this theme are:

The Vixen and the Vet
Depravity
The Loneliest Alpha
Beauty and the Beast
Beauty and the Beast
Beauty: A Retelling of the Story of Beauty and the Beast

The heroine doesn’t have to be perfect or beautiful, but the hero should definitely be beastly either in appearance or manner or both....and I prefer adult. iBooks or amazon ebooks preferred.
Thank you in advance!

message 2: by Rosa (last edited Aug 29, 2018 11:44AM) (new)

Rosa (rosaiglarsh) | 5231 comments Beastly is good. Belle: A Retelling of Beauty and the Beast is very good.
I haven’t read Spirited yet.

message 4: by Brittany (new)

Brittany | 323 comments Thank you so much for the suggestions. Spirited sounds amazing!

message 5: by MJ (new)

MJ | 1424 comments Bellamy and the Brute

message 6: by Rosa (new)

Rosa (rosaiglarsh) | 5231 comments Bellamy and The Brute for the link.

message 7: by Rosa (new)

Rosa (rosaiglarsh) | 5231 comments Brittany wrote: "Thank you so much for the suggestions. Spirited sounds amazing!"
I'm glad you found one you're interested in.

message 8: by Brittany (new)

Brittany | 323 comments Rosa wrote: "Brittany wrote: "Thank you so much for the suggestions. Spirited sounds amazing!"
I'm glad you found one you're interested in."

Oh, don’t worry, I’m going to check them all out! The book description for spirited mentions a ‘last of the mohicans’ vibe, which happens to be my favorite movie, as well as the beauty and the beast trope, so I’m doubly interested. 🤗

message 9: by Pink Angel (new)

Pink Angel | 117 comments I'm a beauty and beast lover too, I just can't help myself reading a book when I see beauty and the beast genre. so these are my suggestions:
A Rose in Winter (This one is fascinating.)
Tapestry (This one is great too.)
Gallant Waif
Love Is Blind
Finding Grace
Beauty and the Baron
Owning the Beast (An erotica romance)
The Beast of Bath
Beauty and the Scarred Hero
Beauty and the Beast
Beast
Taming The Beast
The Devil's Lady
Beauty and the Beast
The Man Behind the Scars
The Portrait
To Win Her Heart

message 11: by Diana (new)

Diana North | 11 comments No collection would be complete without East o the sun, west o the moon! its a Norwegian version with a cupid and psyche twist where the prince is bewitched by his wicked stepmother that he is a polar bear by day and a man by night. its beautifully written with pictures by P.J Lynch. you'll love it! https://www.amazon.com/East-West-Moon...

message 12: by Ebookworm2016 (new)

Ebookworm2016 | 185 comments Hunted by Megan Spooner

message 13: by Brittany (new)

Brittany | 323 comments Wow! So many great suggestions! My TBR list is bursting at the seams