2-3-4 Challenge discussion

Archives - Monthly Reading Plans > Jessika's Sept 2018

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jessika (last edited Oct 06, 2018 01:47PM) (new)

Jessika (jessika_56) I had a really strong month in August. I hope to continue pushing the numbers with some short reads this month.

Currently Reading
So, Anyway... by John Cleese Career of Evil (Cormoran Strike, #3) by Robert Galbraith

Plan: Series
Stiletto (The Checquy Files, #2) by Daniel O'Malley

Plan: Other

Completed
Sir Cumference and the First Round Table A Math Adventure by Cindy Neuschwander Sir Cumference and the Dragon of Pi by Cindy Neuschwander Sir Cumference and the Great Knight of Angleland by Cindy Neuschwander Flatland A Romance of Many Dimensions by Edwin A. Abbott Sir Cumference and the Sword in the Cone by Cindy Neuschwander Sir Cumference and the Isle of Immeter by Cindy Neuschwander Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas The Total Money Makeover A Proven Plan for Financial Fitness by Dave Ramsey Frindle by Andrew Clements

Eventually...
What If? Serious Scientific Answers to Absurd Hypothetical Questions by Randall Munroe Winter (The Lunar Chronicles, #4) by Marissa Meyer Stars Above (The Lunar Chronicles, #4.5) by Marissa Meyer

message 2: by Jessika (last edited Sep 02, 2018 04:16PM) (new)

message 3: by Jessika (new)

Jessika (jessika_56) Flatland A Romance of Many Dimensions by Edwin A. Abbott

Apparently, I'm into math books this month... I finished Flatland: A Romance of Many Dimensions. It was an interesting concept but I had a hard time getting into it.

message 4: by Lieke (new)

Lieke | 1211 comments Have a good month Jessika!

message 5: by Jessika (new)

Jessika (jessika_56) Lieke wrote: "Have a good month Jessika!"

Thanks, you too!

message 6: by Jessika (new)

Jessika (jessika_56) Sir Cumference and the Sword in the Cone by Cindy Neuschwander Sir Cumference and the Isle of Immeter by Cindy Neuschwander

I finished Sir Cumference and the Sword in the Cone and Sir Cumference and the Isle of Immeter, which are #4 and 5. I have #6-8 on Scribd, but I'm having trouble finding #9 anywhere readily accessible. Hmmm..

message 7: by Veronica (new)

Veronica  (readingonthefly) | 1631 comments Have a great month, Jessika, and good luck pushing those numbers. :-)

The John Cleese book should be funny.

message 8: by Jessika (new)

Jessika (jessika_56) Veronica wrote: "Have a great month, Jessika, and good luck pushing those numbers. :-)

The John Cleese book should be funny."

Thanks! I've had a very busy week and have stalled out a little bit, but I hope to get back to it this week.

message 9: by Jessika (new)

Jessika (jessika_56) Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell

I finished listening to Eleanor & Park today. I really, really wanted to like this book. But it was filled with too must angst and unrealistic teenager interactions. The most interesting part to me was Eleanor's mom's storyline, but sadly, that was never resolved. I still gave it 3/5 stars, but I was expecting a 5/5 star read.

message 10: by Jessika (new)

Jessika (jessika_56) The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas

I finished The Hate U Give a few days ago, but forgot to update. This book has had a lot of hype, which I try to avoid, but all in all, it was very good. Was it a 5 star read because I've never read another book like it, and it dealt with unfamiliar subject matter? That was definitely a contributing factor. But it was very good.

message 11: by Jessika (new)

Jessika (jessika_56) Sorry for lack of updates - been very busy, and going out of the country tomorrow. Will update when I return.

message 12: by Jonetta (new)

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 11419 comments Mod
Enjoy your trip!

message 13: by Jessika (new)

Jessika (jessika_56) I had an amazing trip to BEAUTIFUL ICELAND!!!! I'm back now, and trying to get caught up. I never read as much as I think I will on vacation, but I do have a couple updates to finish out September.

Frindle by Andrew Clements
I finished Frindle, a cute children's story about the power of words for my 50 books in 50 states challenge.

The Total Money Makeover A Proven Plan for Financial Fitness by Dave Ramsey
I also finished reading The Total Money Makeover: A Proven Plan for Financial Fitness, which is probably not a great book to read while I'm spending money wildly on vacation, hehe

message 14: by Jonetta (new)

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 11419 comments Mod
Oh, I’m so glad you enjoyed Iceland!!! I’ve heard so many wonderful things about it. One day...