What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

May Bird and the Ever After (May Bird, #1)
This topic is about May Bird and the Ever After
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. YA/Juvenile: Young girl goes into other mysterious world, encounters Goblins, Black Shucks and has a Black Cat [s]

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Zoe (new)

Zoe (izoii) I think I read this around 2010/2011, and believe it wasn't very old at the time. While I don't know much about the plot, I vividly remember the cover. It features a purple, blue and black colour scheme. There is a big black tree in the front, along with a girl with black hair and a black cat. The cover is an illustration, and the characters have exaggerated features. From what I remember of the plot, a girl finds another world, and mentioned is a black shuck (big black dog) and goblins, and I specifically remember the goblins were attracted to very shiny things. It may have been a series, I read this in Canada, and it's very likely the publisher was Scholastic.

message 2: by Linda (new)

Linda | 25 comments Not sure of details of story, but cover sounds like the film tie-in version of Coraline by Neil Gaiman: Coraline by Neil Gaiman

message 3: by Alicia (new)

Alicia Skinner | 3 comments I am pretty sure this is May Bird and the Ever After by Jodi Lynn Anderson, a 3 part series. Her sphynx cat was named Somber Kitty, she meets a ghost named Pumpkin, Black shucks, and the goblins are definitely attracted to shiny things. I absolutely loved these books growing up!

message 4: by Zoe (new)

Zoe (izoii) Alicia wrote: "I am pretty sure this is May Bird and the Ever After by Jodi Lynn Anderson, a 3 part series. Her sphynx cat was named Somber Kitty, she meets a ghost named Pumpkin, Black shucks, and the goblins ar..."
yes it was this! Thanks so much!!

message 5: by Alicia (new)

Alicia Skinner | 3 comments Yay!! Of course!

message 6: by Zoe (new)

Zoe (izoii) Linda wrote: "Not sure of details of story, but cover sounds like the film tie-in version of Coraline by Neil Gaiman: Coraline by Neil Gaiman"

Wow this really seemed just like it. must have been subconsciously thinking of this! Weird.

Rosa (rosaiglarsh) | 5231 comments May Bird and the Ever After for future reference.