Star Trek discussion

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Travis (new)

Travis (travishiltz) | 133 comments All kinds of new Trek projects are in the works, so I started pondering, if you could create a Trek show what would you want?
Whatever you want. No budget, no cast restrictions, your dream shows

My list:

A medical ship: part hospital drama, part sci-fi adventure. Would love if Doctor Crusher was part of the cast, but would settle for a guest star appearance.

Assignment Earth the series: Gary Seven and company keeping the earth safe from alien interference in the middle of the turbulent, swinging 60's!

TOS space station: DS9, but with valor shirts, clunky, grey sets. A prequel show that actually feels like it takes place around the time of TOS.

message 2: by Brandon (new)

Brandon Harbeke | 15 comments Travis: If you like Trek prose, there is a novel series called Vanguard about a space station in the TOS era.

I would like a series about a starship exploring space both near and far. It would have your alien/problem of the week, but it could also deal with recurring stories on the ship and in Federation space. This is basically asking for the best elements from TNG Seasons 3-7, DS9, and Voyager.

message 3: by Travis (new)

Travis (travishiltz) | 133 comments I read a couple of Vanguards, they were okay, but got tired of 'everyone is up to something' and the fact that they wouldn't &^%$ number the books, so I read a couple out of order.

I want something that is more pure TOS and less trying to insert 'grim and gritty' into it.

message 4: by Travis (new)

Travis (travishiltz) | 133 comments Brandon wrote: "Travis: If you like Trek prose, there is a novel series called Vanguard about a space station in the TOS era.

I would like a series about a starship exploring space both near and far. It would hav..."

I like the idea of an explorer ship, out in the unknown without easy access to starfleet back up.
Not quite Voyager, but more on their own then usual.

message 5: by Travis (new)

Travis (travishiltz) | 133 comments I always thought 'Court-martial' felt like it could have been a backdoor pilot.
I could see the lawyer character, traveling around the federation, dealing with legal matters.

message 6: by Clint (new)

Clint Hall (clint_hall) | 12 comments It's funny you should say that. I recently stumbled upon a book at a thrift store that apparently runs on that premise (haven't read it yet). Look up 'The Case of the Colonist's Corpse'.

message 7: by Travis (new)

Travis (travishiltz) | 133 comments Clint wrote: "It's funny you should say that. I recently stumbled upon a book at a thrift store that apparently runs on that premise (haven't read it yet). Look up 'The Case of the Colonist's Corpse'."

Read that. Fun book.

message 8: by Travis (new)

Travis (travishiltz) | 133 comments My other Trek spin-off idea: I want to see the Federation embassy/observation post set on the 'Piece of the Action' planet.

I want to see the Federation try to get the space gangsters to a point where they could join the federation or see how they react when other alien races show up.

message 9: by Clint (new)

Clint Hall (clint_hall) | 12 comments How about an Ambassador-Class ship putting out political fires every week on different planets? I'd pay for Paramount+ to watch that...

message 10: by Clint (new)

Clint Hall (clint_hall) | 12 comments Also, why not call it 'Paramount Stream'? You show the mountain, push into a steep letter 'S', like a stream cascading down the mountain, then push back out to show the 'S' incorporated into the mountain...Creativity is what they need at Paramount. I vote you and I to become the new Execs for Paramount+. We could drum up some viewership...

message 11: by Travis (new)

Travis (travishiltz) | 133 comments I got some free time and plenty of ideas...

message 12: by Susan (new)

Susan Rubinstein | 18 comments There’s a tie-in novel to ST: Picard that features characters from the planet in A piece of the Action.

message 13: by Susan (new)

Susan Rubinstein | 18 comments Rogue Elements

message 14: by Travis (new)

Travis (travishiltz) | 133 comments Susan wrote: "Rogue Elements"

Interesting.
Did not know about that.

message 15: by Susan (new)

Susan Rubinstein | 18 comments It was very entertaining. I really liked it.

message 16: by Travis (new)

Travis (travishiltz) | 133 comments Susan wrote: "It was very entertaining. I really liked it."

Can you read it if you haven't watched Picard yet?

message 17: by Brandon (new)

Brandon Harbeke | 15 comments Travis wrote: "Susan wrote: "It was very entertaining. I really liked it."

Can you read it if you haven't watched Picard yet?"

Yes. Rogue Elements is a backstory novel for Cristobal Rios (the guy on the cover). Everything you need to know is explained in the novel, and I don't think your experience of watching Picard will be diminished by reading the novel first.

message 18: by Susan (new)

Susan Rubinstein | 18 comments We watched season 1 on dvd. Got it from our library system. So, I read all the novels after we saw those episodes.