Eco-fiction discussion

The Overstory

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Susan (new)

Susan DeFreitas | 2 comments Has anyone read Richard Powers's THE OVERSTORY? I was totally blown away by this epic novel. The Moby-Dick of eco-fiction!

message 2: by Andrea (new)

Andrea Brunais (goodreadscomandrea_brunais) | 13 comments I've bought it, and it's sitting bedside. Can wait to dive in. But it seems like it will be a big time commitment!

message 3: by Susan (new)

Susan DeFreitas | 2 comments It is, but so worth it! Would love to hear your thoughts when you're farther through it. =)

message 4: by Nancy (last edited Aug 30, 2018 09:06AM) (new)

Nancy | 5 comments Absolutely LOVED it! Have post-it notes throughout!
Fave lines include - " That's the trouble with people, their root problem" and the entire passage that begins with, " Miles below and three centuries earlier, a pollen-coated wasp crawled down the hold at the tip of a certain green fig and laid eggs..."

message 5: by Virginia (new)

Virginia Arthur Thanks for the posts. FYI, my newest eco-fiction e-novel is due out soon: TREED. I welcome reviews and thank you.

Virginia Arthur, Author

message 6: by Ned (new)

Ned Tillman (nedsustainableus) | 18 comments Powers creates an infinite number of mycelia (threads) that connects a wide number of engaging stories together.

message 7: by Geoffrey (new)

Geoffrey Carter | 1 comments Superbly conceived and written. Parts of it, like the tree-sitting sequence, actually haunt me. I loved it.