Cozy Mystery Corner discussion

Death of a Kitchen Diva (Hayley Powell Food and Cocktails Mystery, #1)
This topic is about Death of a Kitchen Diva
Featured Series and Cozies > Hayley Powell Food and Cocktails (Death of a Kitchen Diva) by Lee Hollis

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Nell (last edited Aug 29, 2018 04:55AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Nell | 2866 comments Mod
The member's choice featured series for September '18 is Hayley Powell Food and Cocktails by Lee Hollis chosen by Julesy. The MC is a single mom who writes the food column for the Island Times in Bar Harbor, Maine. The first book in the series is Death of a Kitchen Diva.
Death of a Kitchen Diva (Hayley Powell Food and Cocktails Mystery, #1) by Lee Hollis

Other books in the series are:

Death of a Country Fried Redneck (Hayley Powell Food and Cocktails Mystery, #2) by Lee Hollis Death of a Coupon Clipper (Hayley Powell Food and Cocktails Mystery, #3) by Lee Hollis Death of a Chocoholic (Hayley Powell Food and Cocktails Mystery, #4) by Lee Hollis Death of a Christmas Caterer (Hayley Powell Food and Cocktails Mystery, #5) by Lee Hollis Death of a Cupcake Queen (Hayley Powell Food and Cocktails Mystery, #6) by Lee Hollis Death of a Bacon Heiress (Hayley Powell Food and Cocktails Mystery #7) by Lee Hollis Death of a Pumpkin Carver (Hayley Powell Food and Cocktails Mystery #8) by Lee Hollis Death of a Lobster Lover (Hayley Powell Food and Cocktails Mystery, #9) by Lee Hollis Death of a Cookbook Author (Hayley Powell Food and Cocktails Mystery, #10) by Lee Hollis Death of a Wedding Cake Baker (Hayley Powell Food and Cocktails Mystery #11) by Lee Hollis

Death of a Country Fried Redneck
Death of a Coupon Clipper
Death of a Chocoholic
Death of a Christmas Caterer
Death of a Cupcake Queen
Death of a Bacon Heiress
Death of a Pumpkin Carver
Death by Eggnog, novella in Eggnog Murder
Death of a Lobster Lover
Death of a Cookbook Author
Death of a Wedding Cake Baker, coming April 2019

Discuss any book in the series here.

message 2: by Nell (last edited Sep 26, 2018 12:14PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Nell | 2866 comments Mod
I picked up the first in this series, Death of a Kitchen Diva at a UBS and wanted a quick and easy read while I got over a late summer cold. The story is set up like a caper but the author doesn't quite pull it off. There were too many TSTL (too stupid to live) moments where the MC puts herself in jeopardy and/or uses her brother's relationship with the chief of police to get away with stuff that should have put her behind bars. It was an ok read but this series is a one and done for me.

message 3: by Kim (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kim (beachmeezer) | 8 comments The first books in this series were much funnier. I find Hailey's exploits more believable than Stephanie Plum's. As much as I enjoyed the first part of the series, the last two installments have been lacking for me.

MadameZelda | 624 comments I have never read anything by this author. This sounds like a series I'd be interested in. I'll check it out.

Melodie (melodieco) I read the first one back in 2012. Gave it 2 stars. Don't remember anything about it, but I said the writing style was bad.

message 6: by Pat (new) - rated it 5 stars

Pat Cray-Hollis | 179 comments I love this series.

MadameZelda | 624 comments I'll read book 1.

Nell | 2866 comments Mod
Pat wrote: "I love this series."

What is it that you love? The characters? the setting? the plots?

Becky | 137 comments I am reading book 2 & enjoying it so far.

message 10: by Pat (new) - rated it 5 stars

Pat Cray-Hollis | 179 comments The characters, the setting but especially I love the plots.

I am never disappointed in the series. In other words, this series I will go out and buy as soon as the book comes out.

Normally I would wait and get it at my used bookstore.