What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Suggest books for me > Books where the Heroine is a workaholic

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Penny (new)

Penny (syfygirl21) | 36 comments Hi

I am looking for any romance, contemporary fiction or chick lit books where the main female character is a workaholic to the extent that she has pretty much nothing else in life (or at least very little in her life) and during the book she realises that she is missing out on other aspects of her life i.e. friends, love etc.

This might be because she loses her job or is forced to take some vacation time or something.

Many thanks

message 2: by MJ (new)

MJ | 1429 comments MAYBE... cause they are workaholics, but it's mostly addressedish from the start. Think both of these are actually Aspergirls too, so the workaholic sticks for the most part, they just find a way to build in a life with it.

Estelle Ryan, 'Dante(add various painter names in here)' Connection. A series.

The Kiss Quotiant.

Think I've got some other more streamline books you might be looking for, but I read these recently and they stand out.

message 3: by Penny (new)

Penny (syfygirl21) | 36 comments Thanks these look awesome and even better they are on Overdrive. I've placed a couple on them.

message 4: by Karen (last edited Aug 29, 2018 09:17AM) (new)

Karen | 260 comments Ah! Right away I thought of these three books :) I think you'll enjoy them. They're all very funny. Well especially the first two :) I read the third one a long time ago when I was in school and I forgot the specifics.

The Thing About Jane Spring
The Thing About Jane Spring by Sharon Krum

The Undomestic Goddess
The Undomestic Goddess by Sophie Kinsella

Reinventing Mona
Reinventing Mona by Jennifer Coburn

message 5: by Paige (new)

Paige | 795 comments Not my cuppa tea at all, so I had to ask a friend. Her suggestions:
Asking for Trouble
Remember Me?
The Middle-Aged Virgin: A Chick Lit, Romantic Comedy Novel: Newly Single And Seeking Spine-Tingles...

Like Karen, she also suggested The Undomestic Goddess

message 6: by El (new)

El | 502 comments The Devil Wears Prada? At least that's the impression I get from the movie; haven't read the book yet.