What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Doomsday Warrior (Doomsday Warrior, #1)
This topic is about Doomsday Warrior
SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. science fiction, after a nuclear war American freedom fighters build a hidden city from a collapsed tunnel and continue to fight russian occupation [s]

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Christopher (new)

Christopher Drinkwater | 3 comments there is a scene where they attempt to mind control a captured American female resistance fighter and she is described as beautiful and having a full body American flag tattoo. The mind control fails and she dies. There is a hidden American city that was built by survivors from a collapsed road tunnel. There are fighters find a reclusive group of scientists that have evolved to look sort of like little grey aliens. These scientists have advanced technology, specifically a type of beam weapon that can kill an infection at low power or be a destructive death ray at high power. The scientists join the fighters. The book is set in the future and the setting is somewhat similar to what you find in the Fallout series.

I read this book about 15-20 years ago. By the writing style, it was likely written between the 60's to the 80's. The book was a paperback written in English and published in the USA. The book did seem old.

message 2: by Kris (new)

Kris | 36591 comments Mod
A guess - Doomsday Warrior by Ryder Stacy? There are different cover images.

message 3: by Christopher (new)

Christopher Drinkwater | 3 comments YES!!! Thank you very much Kris, this is exactly the book I was looking for. Apparently it is a series so I have some reading to do =).

message 4: by Kris (new)

Kris | 36591 comments Mod
Great! Glad you found your book, Christopher. Discovering a series is a bonus. I got lucky with a Google search:

site:www.amazon.com "science fiction" american freedom fighters russian underground

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Doomsday Warrior (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Ryder Stacy (other topics)